Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snake Dream

Let me start by letting you know for as long as I can remember I've had lucid creams where I'm always fighting or running from something and I can always fly by flapping my arms. To most my dreams would be nightmares but I've had them this way for so long they kind of ex site me. I love my dreams. They're adventurous and fun. I think I have them mastered.
Well just know I had my first snake dream and I NEED to know what to make of it. PLEASE HELP.
I can always remember most of my dreams in detail. I was walking down my mother's street(the street I grew up on where she still lives) and all of the houses looked like they were being upgraded with porches and extra floors some two story houses had outside decks that went up to 5 stories. It was all freshly done though, just the skeletons of the process. Then I got to the end if the street and met some friends,I don't think I know them in my life though. I'm quite sure one of them was bill murray! We were talking about the things we'd miss most in life as if we were dying soon. I want to say there was 4 of us total. As we walk back towards my mother's we get to me and i say running and flying, the others seeming unimpressed with running and didn't believe I could fly, so I ran and immediately felt joy then started flying. I flew to my mother's where I went in and saw that my ceiling fan in my room was full of moths and webbed over like a spider got to it.
If had pet snakes in the past so they don't bother me. I like snakes and cats because they are independent and growing up with a vet assistant mom made me very detached from animals due to seeing them die a lot.
Anyway my last pet snake which was an orange corn snake was there and I was like wow that's where you went! ( haven't seen it in 8 years). Then I see a thick bright green one going down the hall. I tell my mom and she picks it up and tells me what kind it is and puts it outside but was careful enough to make sure I directed it away from the house. Well I go back into my room and there's a big glass cage where I had a big pet white rat (never had before and like a glass wall sectioned off for my snake which was in it. I noticed the rat looked wet and was breathing fast and the snakes body was at the top of the cage. I looked closer to find the snake had wounded the rat and it was dying. I freaked! I fell to my knees and cried. My mother ran in and asked what was wrong and I told her. Mind you I cry at times but I never cry over animals dying. Not even my own. It's just a part of me that's numb. I even said in my dream, I haven't cried like this since I was a kid!
Anyway I grab the snake to throw it out only to see another in my bed, a python. Then on the floor. I didn't want to get bitten so I was weary but started to try to collect them only to run into more. I got a broom and tried to sweep but at this point there was around 20, all types and colors, all around 3-4 Feet. Then I woke

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 USA Louisiana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Snake Dream

Korey,
First let me comment on the lucid dreaming. Then I will provide a detailed analysis of your dream. The fact you are able to fly when you are being chased {something in your emotional life is chasing you} could point to positive aspects of lucid dreaming as well as negative aspects. If you fly away from an important message in a dream then it not only suggests an avoidance {unconsciously if not consciously} of an emotional issue but also prevents the dream from conveying an important message. This is one reason I caution the use of lucid dreaming. If it is used as a tool for pleasure in a dream then it is a negative tool. Of course I would have to examine this dream and other dreams to say whether this is the case.

As to the snake in dreams. Often they represent a transformation in the dreamer's life {a snake sheds its skin and grows new skin-removing the old for something new}. It can also represent temptation as well as a phallic symbol {Freud}. Let's see how the snake in your dream plays out.

Walking down your mother's street either suggests you are following her path in life and/or you are being influenced by some aspect she possesses. An upgrade in the house may suggest you are wanting/needing a better life than the one she had. Since you mention it is street you grew up on then your childhood would have relevance. It could be the upgrade is looking for better things in adulthood. Better than what she has now since she still lives there. And/or better than you had as a child and perhaps as an adult in your relationship with your mother. Although you have added 'things' to the house {you and perhaps your relationship with your mother} there are 'skeletons' in that process. I would think this is saying something about your childhood and the relationship with your mother. It could also point to you as a mother since you are walking down that same street. You may desire to make a better childhood for your children, better than what you had {emotionally and/or financially}.

Since this is the opening of the dream it would point to the primary issue/message of the dream. Most dreams have a specific structure with the beginning of a dream laying out the outline for what emotional issue the dream is attempting to address and convey to the dreamer.

The five stories in this renovated house may have a message. There may be personal associations to do with the number 5. The number 5 often represents change, starting over again {which would fit with the snake symbol of transformation}. Does the number 5 resonate with any experience you can think of?

Unknown 'friends' could represent unconscious positive aspects you possess. Bill Murray is a comedian and an actor. Perhaps comedy is an outlet for you. Or something related to 'acting', possibly acting out certain aspects in your unconscious because they are motivators {acting out what you experienced as a child, not knowing you are doing so}.

The things you missed in life. This could point to things you missed in childhood {again the mother relationship may be involved}. Dying is bringing something to an end. Is there something that is about to end in some aspect of your life. Or something you wish would end {something emotionally negative?}.

The number 4 is the number for wholeness, a harmonious, balanced life. One important aspect of dreams is to help the dreamer resolve emotional conflicts. This is nature's tool for the psyche, a lot like the immune system is to the body. When you seek wholeness there have to be changes in life {5}.

Running is often symbolic of running away from something and/or running to something. Flying {in Jungian concept} represents freeing yourself of restrictions and limitations. If childhood is lacking in proper loving nourishment then there are restrictions to adult life because of what was/is lacking from childhood. You may be trying to free yourself of those restrictions {making a better life for yourself}. But there has to be an investigation of what the restrictions are, those experiences/influences from childhood that may be motivators/shapers of personality and adult actions. It si when you 'walk back toward's your mother's house that you need to run {away from negative aspects} and remove the limitations {flying} from childhood years and the relationship with your mother. But running and flying is not enough by itself to remove these issues. You need to seek out what the 'moths' are from early life and reconcile those issues {ceiling fan would be the changes needed in your thought process as well as the limitations-the ceiling}. These past experiences have been 'webbed over', covered up by the mother relationship {spider}.

Now we get to another phase of the dream and probably something to do with more current issues.
Your pet snake probably does represent transformation. Orange is the color of optimism, green the color of growth. Are you currently in a phase of optimism, perhaps planning new things or thinking about better things in life? Are you going through a transformation, changes? Also, the number 8 may have significance. Is there anything that you can associate with the number 8? Anything happen 8 years ago or when you were 8 years old. Usually numbers in dreams have an important meaning {other than what they are depicted as in the dream}. There could be associations to the green snake {positive} in the hall {connecting unconscious contents to consciousness} to do with that experience. Changes perhaps at age 8? Putting the snake outside the house could point to changes to your outer ego life. This is done at the command of your mother. She wants it {changes} to be away from the house {you and perhaps the relationship with your mother}. It is not clear to me what this representation actually means so perhaps you can fill in the blanks.

Going back inside is going inward, the inner self that has to do with unconscious aspects. The rat may represent positive instinctive impulses {that are caged up due to childhood experiences}. Being wounded could suggest a wounded psyche {not able to utilize proper and natural instincts}. Perhaps there were changes at a certain point in your life {age 8} that left you emotionally wounded. This has left you numb to certain aspects in life, Unable to cry at death of those things close to you because of childhood issues {haven't cried like this since I was a kid!}. Here the snake takes on a negative aspect {not uncommon to be both positive and negative in dreams}.

The python could have sexual implications {as would snakes in general}. You get rid of one snake only to find the python, in your bed {sexuality?}. Collecting snakes could point to a collection of emotional issues to do with snakes/changes in your life. You are sweeping them away {unconsciously} only to find more issues. Different types of emotional issues. The colors may have meaning as well as the number 20. 3 and 4 may point to a need for wholeness {3 not completely whole, 4 finding/seeking wholeness}. Perhaps there are actions {to do with the number 20} you experienced in a quest to fill a void in your life {in seeking wholeness}.

I'v taken greater liberties in interpreting some of the symbols in your dream than I normally would. Let me know what fits. Give some deep thought to the numbers and see if they do fit as noted or in some other way. I do sense the dream is pointing to the mother relationship, childhood experiences/issues and important changes {past and present}. A lot of the dream does seem to have clarity. I await your response.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Not only was a I happy to get a response but that may have been the best response I could ever expect to get. Thank you SO much for taking the time and going into such detail. You are spot on about almost everything.
I am considering moving out of the country for a year soon and gave been feeling very...less than whole..or satisfied with my life. However, I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter who I see regularly and don't want to leave here for so long. (6 months at a time) I feel that where I live is poison to my life and many ways but it is also my home and one of the most beautiful places on earth. I just need to get away at the very least a month.
I have a lingering ex girlfriend that I truly love pretty much unconditionally that I've been thinking I should shed as of late due to its resent toxic tendencies.
The number 8 is my fav/lucky number. Around 8 years ago I got with my ex wife/mother of my child.
The number 20, I'm not sure. It's my daughters b day. Jan 20. I was 20 when I met her mother.
The numbers 3 and 4 are pretty spot on on your side. They describe me in a nutshell as of right now.
I wouldn't even know where to begin with the mother things/issues, however, love was never an issue. I can say I was always loved whole heartedly by my mother. I would like to shed the negative traits I have picked up from her.
I'm really into the flying and fighting/running analogies and the lucidity. These things have been a part of my dreams forever and I feel are the core of all my dreams. When I was around 8! I taught myself how to not pee in the bed because whenever I dreamed I was peeing I'd pee in the bed. So when I would pee awake, I would say, this is a dream wake up, this is a dream wake up. Then when I'd dream of my peeing, I'd say that in my dream because that's what it was like when I was awake. I'd sit straight up in my bed and go to the bathroom. Lol,interesting.
I don't really take to gaining anything from the fact of knowing I'm dreaming. Ever once in a while, I may use it to better a battle or fleeing situation (like remembering that I am dreaming and I can fly is a recurring one ). I've used it for sex a few times also. Just walk up to a pretty girl and say "hey this is a dream, let's have sex." And just go at it.
I hope that's not too bad of a reflection of me. Lol. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Again, I've never done anything like this before and am super happy with the results. I think this is very interesting and couldn't have asked for a more in depth and accurate response.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Sorry, your response was so long I keep wanting to re read to find things I forgot! I don't always flee, I fight when I feel like I can win. It's almost always some kind of monster or very bad thing/person. Also I can always remember almost every detail of my dreams and have often thought of writing them because there so good. I can remember some dreams I had like 10-15 years ago like I just had then last night. So what should I do? Stop running and face everything in my dream? I have to tell you there will be times when I do it with confidence only because I will realize I'm dreaming and thus using my lucidity for gain. I'll try it tonight and let you know what happens!

Korey,
I'll provide a more detailed response tomorrow. As for the question what to do in your dreams. If you do have lucid dreams I would suggest you do ask questions of this 'bad thing/person' as well as other people/things. This is where lucid dreams can play a positive role. See what happens in your next dream by asking questions {if you are able to do so in lucid stages}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present