Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I didn't get the meaning behind this dream?

There is this male friend of mine, who is a very good friend but we are just friends. Nothing more than that.

In my dream, I saw him at my home. He was leaving and suddenly he hugged me for quite long, in front of everyone, my family and there were some other people whom I didn't recognize. When he moved back, I saw him crying and I just kissed him on his cheek :/ then he went off the gate and before leaving he saw me once with a very satisfactory smile on his face.

Can anyone help me by telling the actual meaning behind this dream? Is he sad about something which he isn't telling me?

P.S: We are very frank with each other, we can talk on any topic plus we both respect each other a lot but we have never met and so we never touched each other so this dream was quite confusing and I didn't even share it with him.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21, Pakistan

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: I didn\\\'t get the meaning behind this dream?

Anonymous,
First let me comment on where you are located {country} and why I ask for that info. Cultural aspects have a lot to do with how a person thinks and feels and in dream analysis I must have some idea of those aspects to render a good interpretation of a dream. For instance. Although you have not provided any info about yourself I would gather you are one of the following {your being from Pakistan}. You are either a non-Muslim {including secularist}, a moderate thinking Muslim, a Christian, Hindu or Buddhist {or some other religion}. You could be a foreigner. What I assume you are not is a very conservative Muslim because if you were the chances of you posting your dream would be next to none. Such a thing would be forbidden by your religious faith. In other words you would more likely be like most everyone esle in the world with a moderate philosophy to life, more so than one that is closed off. This tells me a lot about who you are. Also cultural aspects are important. Not always but sometimes I will see something in a dream that would be interpreted differently because of cultural associations. Jut as with knowing whether the dreamer is male or female, these things have to do with deep inner associations, influences that are a part of early life or life changing experiences which define a person\'s character and personality {we all have masculine/feminine aspects-a woman in a man\'s dream usually addressed his feminine aspects, the same for a woman having a man in her dreams-see Anima/Animus}. I often can see particular personality traits of the dreamer in a dream. Knowing the cultural aspects helps identify other possibilities to any norms that are different from my world {Western culture}.

Your Dream
First off this dream is about your emotions and not about his {other than how you perceive him}. Home is a place within you. He, his friendship, is a place within you {He is in your home}. That would speak to the close relationship as a friend. A hug is a sign of affection as well as acceptance. This is an obvious thing between you and he {in front of whole family}. But there are other aspects to this \'hug\' you may not recognize {other people}. You may have pushed back certain feelings associated with him {perhaps his feelings toward you}, deeper feelings. Instead there is the kiss on his cheek {and not an intimate kiss}. You may want him to accept this relationship as it is with a satisfactory smile and not want anything more {at this time}.

Is this how you really feel about the relationship? Dreams reflect how we really feel and not just the ego perceived feelings that are mostly controlled by emotional factors instead of objective thinking. Are you and objective type with particular goals in mind {marriage or deep relationship not one of them?}. This would suggest to be you are a \'moderate\' in your thinking and philosophy on life. Dreams reveal who you are and with the cultural associations I see something different from those deep cultural identification many Pakistanis have. But besides that I do believe the dream is reflecting your true feelings. There may be or have been deeper feelings with one or both of you {he saw you once} but overall you want the relationship to be as good friends.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present