Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stumped and Confused (long)

Evie,
The relationship with your parents was the primary issue I sensed from the dream {which you confirmed}. The early life relationship with parents {and the environment you grow up in} is key to personality traits later in life. These experiences/influences are what a child experiences first, and consistently, they are ingrained in the psyche. They become unconscious motivators for personality and actions as an adult. This was true in my life and when I began to study Jungian psyche I was able to see how the early life influences affected my actions and decisions as an adult {especially in my 20s and 30s}. My motif {universal pattern of behavior} was the son looking for the father who was never there {a Luke Skywalker in the 30th century}. We all have a pattern of behavior {many women are Cinderella types just as many men fit the Luke Skywalker motif} and to realize and understand those energies is to set oneself free from negative influences that often wreck a life {3 failed marriages on my part}.

As for 'something other' than parental relationships. The inherent characteristics we are born with have to be considered when looking at personality and the unseen forces that govern a life. Siblings grow up in the same environment and will be influenced in many ways by the same by the experiences/influences from that environment. But we are all different and those differences are inherent from natural ingredients that make up our psyche {psyche - Greek word for 'soul'. The 'totality' of the conscious and unconscious life. The mind considered as an organic system reaching all parts of the body and serving to adjust the total organism to the needs or demands of the environment}. Neurologically we are governed by the 'organics' as well as the psychological influences. These organic energies are related to Jung's archetypes but are also separate from them due to the individual makeup of each organic body. A person is an introvert not primarily because of their early life environment but because they are naturally inclined to be an introvert. It is how they are wired by nature. This may be what I sense from the dream, the neurological influences I mentioned. Your conflicting personality may be a natural trait as much as it is from the influences of the relationship with parents. The relationship with parents would re-enforce what is already naturally provided. I often sense personality traits/factors in dreams and sometimes the neurological factors as well. Your dream pointed to a relationship with parents and early life {as often is the case with most people} but also provided 'clues' to other controlling energies. The neurological possibilities just happen to come to mind when I was analyzing your dream. I rely heavily on intuitive sensing when I analyze dreams.

Dreams and Personality
The ability to sense personality as well as other 'deeper' unconscious energies is not really that unusual. The dream is showing us the true self, all aspects of the self including those aspects that nature provides. It is merely having an ability to translate the images and patterns of actions in a dream from a symbolic/metaphorical reference into a vocabulary that can be understood. Jung's concepts on dreams provide us with the instructions on just how to do that. A developed intuitive sense/mind along with an in-depth study of Jungian dream psychological provides the necessary skills and knowledge for a person to read dreams. Today there are quite a few who fit this criteria. With the internet there is an easy and rapid disseminated of tons of information related to the topic {not just the psychology but the other sciences related to the brain, body and spirit} that allows anyone interested to educate oneself. If the subject 'catches' you {as it did me} then a natural movement to it would be a normal occurrence. For me it is an intuitive connection and I have enjoyed great success in interpreting dreams. That success is cataloged in the 15,000+ posted dreams, interpretations, responses and comments at this Dream Forum {on line since 2005}. The Dream Forum design and construction is my creative self, self expression by means of creativity. That too is a product from my Jungian education {bot of which I am self taught}.

Re-incarnation
Re-incarnation is a subject I would not give a second thought to if it were not a core principle of Eastern philosophy. Eastern philosophy is far more developed and practical than Western. A lot of what Jung proposes in a metaphysical sense is based on Eastern concepts {along with Gnosticism and alchemy}. But even with that I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on it. It is not something you can 'objectively' prove. But unlike a heaven or hell which can be and has been scientifically dis-proven, re-incarnation can't be summarily dismissed. There are many grey areas involved with the issue and I am open minded to any 'proof' that science may offer in the future. Until there is concrete evidence of re-incarnation I relegate to the drawer where all other concepts to do with emotions and not objectivity are stored. There are too many issues in this life to be concerned about let alone worry about what the after life may hold. I do believe in the soul as an energy that survives a physical death but beyond that I leave it alone. My concept of the soul and the human experiences is this life is but one adventure for the soul. Where it travels to after this life no one knows. Making this life count is where I put my energies. Think psychologically {objectively and not emotionally}, live spiritually {within the laws of Karma, cause and effect}. It works for me.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present