Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: sorry about the dirty dream! (literally)

Dear Jerry

Thank you very much for the interpretation, your summary at the end is exactly what is happening in my life and i hadnt thought about the dream in that manner. I indeed had a bad experience recently and i do feel that i wasnt harmed by it, but i cant understand what the dream is trying to tell me, why did i have the dream. Could it only be confirmation that i wasnt harmed? And i am intrigued by the wc & defecation symbology and the water, i have them a lot in my dreams. If you have any furthe comments i would be very interesed in hearing them, thank you very much

Makbule

Makbule,
It could be that although you consciously were not harmed by the experience, unconsciously it left an emotional mark. The wallet would represent your ego identity and the dream would be saying that part of you was not harmed. The last part of the dream does seem to confirm this experience did not cause lasting damage but at the very end of the dream it seems to be making a statement about something that perhaps needed changing from 'it was just as it always was'. All dream images have at least two meanings/applications and on one level the wallet would symbolize the ego identity. On another level, the deeper level of the unconscious, it could represent self worth {wallets hold money/valuables which would symbolize personal values}. This second application would be getting to the root of any aspect of your psyche that is not in balance. I see these type of statements as primarily a commentary on early life experiences/influences {including cultural}. What you experience and the influences of early life are the primary building blocks for personality and actions later in life. The dream seems to be addressing an experience/issue that occurred but not one you wish to repeat. Not wanting it to happen again may go to the core of your personality where principles and values are worth more than a one time experience that you normally would not do.

Looking back at the beginning of the dream {which sets the 'stage' for what emotional issues the dream is trying to communicate} the opening lines state "I am in a toilet. I am in a house that is not mine." The house is you and if it is not yours then there is something about you/house that is not your normal self. Toilets are used for 'elimination' or cleansing. The summer house and the comments about the part of Istanbul you would like to live in may be relevant/related to the experience we are discussing. You may have been motivated by certain desires that have associations to living in this better place. And that could be driven by deeper unconscious forces, a complex perhaps {an island would be one part of the whole but cut off from it}. You may be driven by these unconscious forces to do something consciously that is uncommon for you to do. Consciously you were not harmed by it but unconsciously, and there are remaining issues. You may escaped injury from this one time experience but you still need to identify and work on the deeper issues.

Jerry

Click Here for details on how to help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you, thank you, thank you.. Your further comments really resonated with me..
I tend to have too many "shoulds" and put too many restrictions on myself, but in that last experience I was finally able to loosen them, so although it ended badly i am pleased with myself that i was able to act differently. i woulndt want to go back to my old restrictive/conservative ways, so i hope things wont be "as they have always been"..but i would be happy if my selfworth and the positive qualities were not harmed by this experince (but i already know that the experince hasnt made me a bitter person.. If anything i think i like myself more).. So i willl look into the dream with your comments in mind again, and hope i can understand the deeper issues and where they may be coming from..thank you again ..best wishes

And thanks for telling that all dream images have at lear two meanings, i never knew that so i was trying to pin down an exact message from the dream but i guess dreams dont work like that :) good to know this..

stats from 7-14-10 to the present