Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sex and Church

I had a dream that my wife and I had sex in our church on the floor. There are cameras in the church and the parish priest found out about it. He sent a younger priest to speak to us that they were considering kicking us out of the church (possibly our religion) as a result. I requested to speak to a lawyer in the church who was familiar with church canon law and then I woke up? Any pearls would be appreciated. Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52/male Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Sex and Church

Bob,
I apologize for not getting to your dream post sooner. Very busy time, a lot going on and things to be done.

Have you given thought to or even taken actions that are opposite your normal religious practices. Perhaps questioning your current religious affiliation and thinking about other spiritual possibilities? Thoughts or actions that your current religion would frown upon? Here are my thoughts to the possibilities to the meaning of the images in your dream.

Sex is often symbolic of uniting aspects of the psyche that are out of balance. Having sex with your wife may represent bringing into balance the feminine aspects and possibly spiritual aspects {spirituality is a feminine aspect}. Sex on the floor could represent basic foundations you were brought up with {religious} as well as the spiritual foundations that are more aligned with natural spiritual aspects {psychologically an inward journey and not an outward religious doctrine}. This could be making a statement about a spiritual search that would be more fulfilling.

The cameras may point to your church 'watching' you and a fear of discovery of any thoughts or actions contrary to you religious doctrine {if not an actual experience of confrontation with your current religion or church}. Or it could represent inner anxieties associated with spiritual matters contrary to church doctrine. The cameras could also represent inner aspects and the church would be you {an inner view of your true self}.

The parish priest could involve an actual waking life experience or/and he could represent you as your own spiritual mentor {to fit with thoughts or actions of investigating other spiritual possibilities}. His finding out may represent a discovery beyond what your church teaches {again to do with other spiritual possibilities}. The younger priest could represent fears of these 'newer' spiritual possibilities replacing your current religion, the other possibilities taking its place {the fears would be from the indoctrination that has been imprinted by on your psyche by your church}.

The lawyer may represent a need for instructions and spiritual direction. Again he would be you in the manner he knows current 'canon' law that conflicts with new spiritual possibilities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Re: Sex and Church

Jerry, Very accurate and well done thank you. I have a business deal that might involve litigation and really question that maybe I should just roll with it and accept the loss rather then seek remedy. Bob

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52/male Ohio

stats from 7-14-10 to the present