Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
skeletons and needles

Hi
not dreams but repeated visions.
(1) a skeleton of a female child handing me a large diamond.
(2) a child called Elouise covered with needles including in her privates. No matter how hard I try to remove the needles, or envisage them removed, the needles keep swirling around. This child is in danger.

the context. My name is Elizabeth Louise...
I lost my mother a couple of years ago; about a year before she died I had been diagnosed with ptsd and complex dissociative states due to her life long treatment of me. This october I lost my father after giving him 24/7 care for three months. I was never sexually abused. The vision of Elouise came when I asked whatever dissociative emotional state it was that had hidden my jewellery, phone and credit cards, to please return them, and that I would care for whoever it was in return.

In some sense these visions maybe speak for themselves but I would be really happy for a comment in case what I think is obvious isn't right, because if I had the right interpretation I would not still be haunted and depressed by them, instead they would lose their sting.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 female

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: skeletons and needles

Elizabeth,
I apologize for not getting to your post sooner. Withe holidays and a very ill cat my mind has been elsewhere.

Visions come from the unconscious. Of course 'disassociate states' of the mind could alter the meaning but my position is they are still psyche energies related to your emotional state. Thus images, whether from dreams or visions, would have the same properties. They are symbolic representations of aspects of psyche energies {emotional}. Let's look at the images as I would in dreams and I'll provide my interpretation.

The female child is you. Even though you state there was no sexual abuse during childhood there may be issues related to childhood psychological abuse that makes up the framework {skeleton} for who you are in the present. Your mother's 'treatment' would be the framework/skeleton and because the psyche has a natural intent to heal the large diamond would be the need/desire to find wholeness and value, something that was not provided as a child. That is something, at age 57, you have to give to yourself.

Usually dreaming of your genitals would represent issues wit sex/sexuality. But because there were no sexual abuse in childhood it could represent attitudes toward masculinity/femininity, they being symbolic in themselves {anima/animus}. Wholeness requires a balance of yin and yang and without a proper childhood environment that would likely cause an out of balanced psyche.

Elouise is a combination of your name, Elizabeth Louise. The needles are the 'pricks' of emotional pain embedded in you from childhood. Envision {visions} of having them removed is the longing for wholeness, removal of the 'emotional needles', the nurturing as a child not given by a parent or parents. Those issues are still swirling around within your psyche and will remain so as long as there is not a resolution to the issues. The child in danger is the inner child. The issues related to childhood have not let that inner being grow.

There is the issue of PSTD. Post-traumatic stress disorder is a type of anxiety disorder. It can occur after you have gone through an extreme emotional trauma or related to traumatic events. We all have a specific limit to what cause this type condition. Your could be related to the childhood issues {was there a traumatic event prior to your diagnosis?} but something else would likely trigger this condition. Your vision may or may not be related {at least entirely} to the PSTD. The condition may have trigger issues that go back to childhood and because nature does provide a mechanism** for emotional healing {our dreams} and thus the visions {the childhood issues would be the vision but the visions would be related to PSTD, the altering of the mind due to the condition. This could be the explanation for having visions but the content/images in the visions are related to the issues from childhood. Of course there could be other explanations for the visions and even the content but as a student of Jungian psyche my theory is to look first to the deeper psyche and 'skeletons' from early life experiences to understand dreams and visions. What experience could you have had that would produce the images in your vision, the child especially, unless there was an actual traumatic experience {prior to the vision} that involved a child in a dangerous position. It would most likely be addressing your childhood and the dangerous position of not having the proper parental framework {skeleton}. The vision was a conscious dream addressing unconscious issues as a normal dream would.

** Think of the dream as nature's device for healing emotional issues. Just as the body has the immune system the psyche has the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Jerry for your thoughtful reply. Yes, I need to come to terms with visions as being healing rather than frightening and disorienting. I draw them in a journal as a way of engaging with them but I can't help feeling they are all a bit odd.

I would love a magic bullet/diamond for my problems!!

Incidentally, recently, in a museum, I saw a mexican(?) nativity scene all made of skeletons, baby Jesus was a skeleton, the sheep, donkeys, Joseph, Mary, the wise men and all. Afterwards, I read what I could about the context of that in mexican culture, but at the time it was profoundly shocking to me. After all, why would a symbol of new life be a skeleton? Anyway.

thanks again
Elizabeth

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 female

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Elizabeth,
Skeletons are the framework for everything else that exists. The Mexican culture has a particular framework that is based on Catholicism but with elements from earlier cultures in Mexico {including Olmec, Maya and Aztec}. There were very dark mythological influences in these cultures with death being one of them. A lot of the early mythical images and influences are incorporated into their Catholic religion.

In a dream a skeleton can symbolize the framework for a person's personality and life. Depending on what part of the dream the child is presented it could point to childhood issues {if the child is in the first paragraph it would definitely be about the dreamer's childhood}. Diamonds often represent wholeness. By 'handing' this diamond to you the dream may be focusing on unconscious issues/motivators of childhood that when made conscious will help you become whole {by resolving the childhood issues}. The fact the child is in danger could point to you as a child with some type of emotional if not physical danger being real during your early years.

As for a magic bullet to solve your problems {emotional issues}. Only by resolving the issues can you solve them. These are psychological issues that can manifest into life issues and whatever the foundations of the emotional issues, it is those that must be confronted and resolved. It is a long road to travel. It took me a good ten years but I did resolve them and in the process found my true self, psychological and spiritual/creative. No longer am I motivated by the early life emotional issues but instead focused on my talents and those things that make me whole and complete {my dream work and web sites}. If there are neurological issues then there must be a resolution to those as well. Our foundations are biological and psychological. There is a cause and reason for everything and discovering what those are is the first step to resolving them.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present