Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alien Invasion

Wake up at 1 am and remember the following dream.

Kea (my wife who is 34 yrs old) and I are in a world that has been invaded. It starts with an airplane that starts to do incredible things in terms of going back and forth very quickly like it is about to crash. We see it streaking over us and then making outrageous maneuvers. We see some other people like authorities. But the plane keeps following us. And we are trying to run away from it. But it seems to know where we are and wants to crash or land near us. Everybody starts running in different directions.

At some point I go into a warehouse type factory location. But we realize that we will not be able to escape it. I seem to have separated from Kea or perhaps Kea has not yet arrived in the dream, At some point it crashes.

Then we begin noticing that things are changing. It as though we have been invaded by an alien race or presence. There are discrepancies in various people’s behaviors. They are all interested in talking or interacting with us and doing business with us

We take our daughters to a piano lesson or something of this sort. The people around us notice that Shari (4 year old daughter) has special talents. The man who is giving her lessons starts to say something that is somewhat critical and seems inappropriate. Kea gets slightly upset and tells me about it. I start to confront the man. I tell him just admit exactly the word he said. That I’ll be OK with it. (I cannot remember exactly the word he said.) He will not admit and refuses to talk. I am angry at him. And get hostile towards him. He still refuses to admit to me what he said.

We then leave and go to some other place. Their are two female aliens trying to have sex with one young man. At first he is only pursuing one of them but then they suggest having a threesome. He is interested to have sex with them because they are attractive. However, he does not realize if he has sex with both of them they will turn into female lizard type alien creatures and want to kill him and perhaps eat him as that is what they do when they mate. I notice the tail on one of them turn into in fleshy, light colored serrated cutting tail.

We are noticing that things are getting more alien. We realize as we walk by more people that things are becoming increasingly alien. So I decide we have to leave. People are being taken over by alien forces. Like body snatchers and we must escape. I finally insist we have to leave and forget about the property and life we have there. Maybe if somehow this all just a dream or things get back to normal, we can come back. We leave by a back way that seems to be around water. Finally we arrive at a new location. We decide to look closely to see if people are possessed by the alien beings. Maybe they are themselves actually aliens in disguise pretending not to be aliens.

At first we are not sure if the people here are normal or aliens. But then we realize they are aliens. However, it is them we are trying to fool. We go by an area where people are sitting and socializing. A man sees Kea as we walk by. And I see his expression as he looks at Kea’s ass with sexual interest. She is wearing jean type shorts. Pretty soon we are interacting with some of the aliens. In this area that has been completely taken over by aliens. We take a type of canopy ride steeply downward. First a man but not Kea goes down then I follow. At one point, we are being chased by aliens that want to rape Kea. I am trying to protect her. But there are several men and one of them is carrying a sword or similar weapon. I feel at a lost to fight him. The pursuer who is not unattractive but is menacing keeps pretending like he doesn’t have ill designs for Kea. But it is clear that he does. But it seems we have an ally who is trying to help us out. I don’t know how we get out of this scene.

Somehow Kea gets back with me. And we are perhaps joined by a third party. Somehow we are able or think we have tricked them by acting like the elites within their group who we believe are slightly different than the common aliens. It is more like an alien race in disguise instead of being body snatchers. At one point we are flying around because we have special magic powers so we think we can perhaps trick them. However, it seems that they are becoming increasingly aware that we are not one of them.

Then in another scene after the ruse starts to become undone. We are meeting higher levels of elites. At one point, one of our group is flying around in a sort of yellow airplane story book. But it lacks real magical or supernatural capability. It seems as though it is an inadequate disguise.

Kea and I are talking to one group, I think women, about dessert delicacies. I can see these cupcake like items. Mainly grey in color with something similar to poppy seeds. Kea is explaining the flavors she enjoys all while trying to maintain our cover and ruse. I remember the color brown being mentioned by Kea.

It is though we then are in a stadium type seating with interior area. We are walking up and down stairs trying not to give ourselves away. But everything we do seems to be not quite right and we are being found out. Always we are worried we will get found out. And we suddenly realize that our ruse has come to an end. And in fact the leader of this alien race has been monitoring us for some time. He appears in either a small circular type vehicle that descends from high up on which he stands and basically tells us of whatever value we have or why we are being monitored in the first place. I am not sure the real reason and do not know if it is disclosed to us or not.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47/Male Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Alien Invasion

Alex,
Typically the first part of a dream states what emotional issues the dream is trying to communicate. What you must realize is the dream is using symbolic language that represents aspects about you and your emotional life {read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams to get an understanding of how dreams function, using Jungian psyche as the model}.

Here is how I read the first couple of paragraphs and a synopsis of the rest of the dream.

The first paragraphs seem to point to issues to do with relationships. Are there recent issues involving you and Kea? What is it that is invading your life, threatening to cause a 'crash' in some aspect of it? There is an effort to navigate around the issue{s} but that doesn't resolve the problem{s}. Running away isn't an option either. The warehouse type factory may represent past experiences that contribute to the issues in conflict. It may involve experiences in your life, before, Kea came along. The issues/experiences either cause changes or involve changes that now affect the relationship. Behavior is affected and may cause discord in a relationship or/and your life.

Look at the actions of the man who was critical of Shari as being related to you or your actions, symbolically of course. Your daughter's age may be more relevant than her actual presence in the dream and could represent your experiences of 4 years earlier. Those experiences may be related to any discord that you are experiencing now, something that may upset Kea. The other actions would be yours also, the refusal to admit to something being important. These may be related to experiences before your marriage to Kea or an actual experience that now has bearing on the relationship.

'Things getting more alien' may be addressing an what is happening to a relationship in your life {Kea being the prime candidate}. The actions in the dream may have much to do with your inner conflicts as well as addressing issues related to your relationship with Kea. All dreams have at least two meanings/applications with one focusing on recent experiences and another addressing inner issues to do with personality and unconscious motivators {going back to early life}.

My sense is the dream is focusing more on the recent experiences with the personality issues being a secondary aspect {this is common since unconscious motivators are always a factor}. What is the current status of your relationship with Kea? Is there an issue that is prime and is causing a conflict? Is there something missing in the relationship and either or both of you have discussed that would be a possible remedy? You may have a specific idea but Kea may not agree with it. It would not be an 'ordinary' solution to any specific problem which in itself may create a conflict. Look at your life and see where this may fit.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Thanks Jerry.

I very much appreciate your effort to interpret the possible meaning of my dream. At the time I had this dream, approximately 8 months ago, my wife and I were indeed going through a very stressful and tumultuous time in our marriage. During this time, I engaged in behavior that exacerbated the existing marital conflict seeking, both consciously and unconsciously, an escape from an intolerable psychological situation.

By way of background, I have been experiencing an on-going "spiritual emergency" triggered by intensive meditation practice beginning 7 years ago with the most traumatic episode occurring almost exactly 6 years prior to this dream. I have since stopped practicing meditation because I can't properly contain the archetypal energies my meditation practice releases. I believe analytical psychology to be a more suitable and safer approach towards spiritual growth and development -- at least for me.

Things have improved significantly in terms of our underlying attitude towards each other due in part to my continued effort to learn and apply, however inexpertly, Jungian principles to my life. And also my wife's willingness to record and attribute significance and meaning to her own dreams. During this time, we started to share our dreams with each other and to discuss their possible meanings in terms of understanding our respective unconscious landscapes. Just the simple effort I believe can trigger a very positive transformation both personally and in one's relationships.

It is now clear to me that the lack of meaning and purpose in my life, a state of mythlessness, is the root cause of my emotional and psychological disturbances.

My daughter was actually almost 4 years old at the time of this dream. At the time of her birth, I had experienced my 3rd "spiritual emergency" in 3 years. Although this particular one was not triggered by meditation practice but rather by a confluence of my sudden realization of the tremendous impact that archetypal forces have on the world stage and the specific role that certain archetypal images involving mythical dragons, i.e. nagas, played in determining the course of human destiny. These were archetypal images that had previously flooded my consciousness in a prior and my most traumatic "spiritual emergency" 6 years ago.

I also think the dream sequence involving her may relate to some event or circumstances that happened to me in childhood when I was around her age and that have yet to be assimilated by me consciously. My memories from this time are understandably very fuzzy. At the time, my parents were themselves in significant conflict eventually leading to their divorce when I was 4 or 5 years old.

I believe the alien invasion was alluding to the alien nature of the unconscious forces that have repeatedly overwhelmed and transformed my consciousness and my understanding of reality. I have moved away from my prior nihilistic, atheistic and dogmatic materialistic attitude towards life to one that not only recognizes but is often overwhelmed by symbolic meaning.

During this time, I have tried unsuccessfully to devise a regressive restoration of my former personality. But the genie has been let out of the bottle and I cannot successfully reinsert myself back into the Matrix.

I have done a fair amount of reading Jung and Jungian authors including Edward Edinger, Marie Louise Von-Franz, John Beebe (I am a film and video addict) and Robert Moore. However, I have found it difficult to find the necessary discipline to engage methodically in my own dream work although I do record my sometimes elaborate dreams very regularly.

I believe that the elevated God-like image in the last sequence may represent my Self or Greater Personality. And that this dream is an important commentary from my objective psyche that the jury is out with respect to whether I can overcome my habitual and infantile grandiose mental states in order to begin the process of individuation.

I believe that the various sequences in the dream accurately characterize symbolically and point to the specific nature of the psychological impediments that block my path towards individuation but I am having difficulty grasping their meaning. Not surprising since the dream points to unconscious aspects of my psyche that I have not yet consciously assimilated.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

I also believe that my wife often acts as an Anima figure in my dreams and that some although certainly not all of our interpersonal conflicts stem from my own struggles with the anima archetype operating in my unconscious. In my dreams, my wife is often engaging in acts of deception, adulterous behavior and disappearing acts. I am always trying to find her and get her to change her behavior. While there has been some deception and dishonesty in my marriage on the part of my wife, it does not nearly come to to the level of outrageous behavior she engages in my dreams. At least I hope not :)

Alex,
I'll provide a more detailed response to your post later. But I do want to comment on the childhood experiences. I was going to include possible childhood associations but they were secondary to the more recent issues. The age thing {four year old daughter} is most always reflective of a time frame of some type and in your instance it seems to be related to two events {As I stated, all images and all dreams have at least two interpretations/applications}. Childhood experiences/influences have a strong affect on personality and it is not unusual for these associations to show up in dreams as a secondary focus of a dream. If the event was very traumatic and possessed a huge influence on the personality and/or adult actions of the dreamer, the dream message would likely be focusing on those issues. The mention of childhood age/time frame most always is reflective of actual experiences related to those years. This is something I have noted many times and seems to be a constant in dreams.

A note on numbers. The number 4 could also be related to the 'spiritual' emergency you spoke of. The number four in Jungian psyche is symbolic of wholeness. Also you noted a 'third spiritual emergency' in three years. That could be significant since the number three multiplied by three equals nine which is the number of the feminine psyche as well as the universal number for spiritual wholeness. The number 6, nine reversed, is symbolic of the human condition seeking wholeness. Six plus three equals nine. This leads me to believe you possess {at least partly from your study of Jungian psyche and Eastern spiritual principles} a higher level of understanding. But there seems to be deep seeded emotional issues that need resolution. This would be reflected in the 3 spiritual emergencies. You may also possess an inherent level of understanding of these principles {we all do in related to the archetypes but some people have a more conscious recognition} unrelated to your studies. I consider myself an intuitive Jungian with an ability to comprehend his concepts without the necessity of years of formal education. This is passed over to my abilities to analyze and interpret dreams, an ability I know to be true from the thousands of posted dreams, my analysis/interpretations and confirmation from follow up responses and comments. Of course those abilities are supplemented on Jungian principles and concepts. Jung got it right when it comes to dreams and the Dream Forum provides evidence of this.

I'll try to provide an in-depth response later today but it may be tomorrow morning. I do wish to examine in detail your response since what I saw in your dream is very much confirmed by your response. The dream does seem to have a more direct commentary on what actually transpired in your life than most dream {most are not as direct, less reflective in fluid commentary}. This may related to your understanding of 'Jungian psyche', a term I use for a lack of more accurate terminology to describe the inherent psyche.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Jerry,

Thanks for your additional insights. Just to give you a snapshot of what my psyche is now trying to communicate to me, here is a dream I had on Saturday night:

I am in some office. I am talking with some woman about my work experiences. It is some sort of career networking program but using the telephone. I start trying to show off my exprience despite my inexperience by explaining that the hardest part of my work is dealing with the childish emotions and psychology of the clients. They are like children. I am trying to show off my expertise to cover up for my actual lack of experience. Then I realize to my frustration that she wasn’t really listening to me. Or that the line connection isn’t very good.

All of a sudden I am in an office that I have been sharing with another female I believe. There is furniture scattered all over the office. She wants to have some of the furniture removed. I see chairs with shiny silver metal bases stacked on top of each other. I have already into another office so I don’t mind but want to at least keep a desk and chair in the shared office in case I want to use it sometimes.

Then I am in another part of the office building. In the hallway or something. I see another older middle aged woman who is arranging to pick up her grandson or son to have lunch with him. I look outside and there are huge black clouds suddenly forming outside. I see them billowing quickly. I explain to the woman or think that she cannot go outside because it will be too big a storm or too dangerous somehow.

Then suddenly the scene transforms again. Some how I go careening into the window or there is a big bang that shakes the windows. Then suddenly these small animated black clouds come into the office. I call them darkies. There is also a young couple in the building area. I start to struggle somewhat with one of these darkies. While they are menacing they don’t seem particularly dangerous due to a lack of power. Later I am in yet another part of the office and there is another type of cloud, clear and blue animated. It is as though the cloud is lost and clumsily trying to move about. I get the impression there is an old, maybe senile man inside the cloud or embodied in the cloud somehow.

Alex,
Alex,
On this second dream, if you put yourself in place as the psychologist as well as the client you may see the intended message of this dream {the first part of a dream lays out what the dream is about}. 'They are like children' is likely a statement on causation, experiences/influences from childhood that have become unconscious motivators for personality and adult behavior. The problem is you are 'not listening' and despite your knowledge of the unconscious contents there are still strong issues that need to be worked out. This may allude to the response you gave, 'I have since stopped practicing meditation because I can't properly contain the archetypal energies my meditation practice releases.' This was a positive step in your exploration but because of the very strong emotional issues you were unable to confront/endure the energies they possess. You are performing self examination of these issues but there is still much to be learned before the issues are resolved.

The various offices in the dreams represent the various issues you have but could also represent different experiences/relationships. The female would be an anima aspect and could represent those 'feminine' experiences that need to be removed {emotions as well as literal}.The desk and chair is the need/desire to evaluate these issues, self discovery and exploration.

I believe the developing pattern with the different females represents anima qualities on one level but also actual relationships on another. There is your wife, the unnamed females {other relationships}, the older middle aged woman picking up her grandson. These different female images may be alluding to your mother. The huge black clouds may be addressing this specific issue. These issues have yet to come out {can not go outside}. There are strong emotions related to this issue {too big a storm}. Are there serious issues with your mother and if so have you confronted this particular issue?

The big bang may be the rude wakening you will experience when assimilating this/these issues. The cloud in one sense is you and the 'darkies' are the unconscious energies/motivators. It is you who are lost, clumsily trying to find your way shouldered with the emotional burdens in your life. The senile old man would be the wasted life you have lived because of these emotional issues {I have personality been there and experienced the same wasted early life}. This last paragraph would address your current situation {or the situation as it was when you had the dream}.

After analyzing this dream I return to the question about the relationship with your mother. Is it central to your emotional self, your childhood experiences affected by that relationship? More info about this aspect may be where we need to look to determine its role.

Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Visit My Site

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

stats from 7-14-10 to the present