Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alien Invasion

I also believe that my wife often acts as an Anima figure in my dreams and that some although certainly not all of our interpersonal conflicts stem from my own struggles with the anima archetype operating in my unconscious. In my dreams, my wife is often engaging in acts of deception, adulterous behavior and disappearing acts. I am always trying to find her and get her to change her behavior. While there has been some deception and dishonesty in my marriage on the part of my wife, it does not nearly come to to the level of outrageous behavior she engages in my dreams. At least I hope not :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47/Male Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Alex,
I'll provide a more detailed response to your post later. But I do want to comment on the childhood experiences. I was going to include possible childhood associations but they were secondary to the more recent issues. The age thing {four year old daughter} is most always reflective of a time frame of some type and in your instance it seems to be related to two events {As I stated, all images and all dreams have at least two interpretations/applications}. Childhood experiences/influences have a strong affect on personality and it is not unusual for these associations to show up in dreams as a secondary focus of a dream. If the event was very traumatic and possessed a huge influence on the personality and/or adult actions of the dreamer, the dream message would likely be focusing on those issues. The mention of childhood age/time frame most always is reflective of actual experiences related to those years. This is something I have noted many times and seems to be a constant in dreams.

A note on numbers. The number 4 could also be related to the 'spiritual' emergency you spoke of. The number four in Jungian psyche is symbolic of wholeness. Also you noted a 'third spiritual emergency' in three years. That could be significant since the number three multiplied by three equals nine which is the number of the feminine psyche as well as the universal number for spiritual wholeness. The number 6, nine reversed, is symbolic of the human condition seeking wholeness. Six plus three equals nine. This leads me to believe you possess {at least partly from your study of Jungian psyche and Eastern spiritual principles} a higher level of understanding. But there seems to be deep seeded emotional issues that need resolution. This would be reflected in the 3 spiritual emergencies. You may also possess an inherent level of understanding of these principles {we all do in related to the archetypes but some people have a more conscious recognition} unrelated to your studies. I consider myself an intuitive Jungian with an ability to comprehend his concepts without the necessity of years of formal education. This is passed over to my abilities to analyze and interpret dreams, an ability I know to be true from the thousands of posted dreams, my analysis/interpretations and confirmation from follow up responses and comments. Of course those abilities are supplemented on Jungian principles and concepts. Jung got it right when it comes to dreams and the Dream Forum provides evidence of this.

I'll try to provide an in-depth response later today but it may be tomorrow morning. I do wish to examine in detail your response since what I saw in your dream is very much confirmed by your response. The dream does seem to have a more direct commentary on what actually transpired in your life than most dream {most are not as direct, less reflective in fluid commentary}. This may related to your understanding of 'Jungian psyche', a term I use for a lack of more accurate terminology to describe the inherent psyche.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Jerry,

Thanks for your additional insights. Just to give you a snapshot of what my psyche is now trying to communicate to me, here is a dream I had on Saturday night:

I am in some office. I am talking with some woman about my work experiences. It is some sort of career networking program but using the telephone. I start trying to show off my exprience despite my inexperience by explaining that the hardest part of my work is dealing with the childish emotions and psychology of the clients. They are like children. I am trying to show off my expertise to cover up for my actual lack of experience. Then I realize to my frustration that she wasn’t really listening to me. Or that the line connection isn’t very good.

All of a sudden I am in an office that I have been sharing with another female I believe. There is furniture scattered all over the office. She wants to have some of the furniture removed. I see chairs with shiny silver metal bases stacked on top of each other. I have already into another office so I don’t mind but want to at least keep a desk and chair in the shared office in case I want to use it sometimes.

Then I am in another part of the office building. In the hallway or something. I see another older middle aged woman who is arranging to pick up her grandson or son to have lunch with him. I look outside and there are huge black clouds suddenly forming outside. I see them billowing quickly. I explain to the woman or think that she cannot go outside because it will be too big a storm or too dangerous somehow.

Then suddenly the scene transforms again. Some how I go careening into the window or there is a big bang that shakes the windows. Then suddenly these small animated black clouds come into the office. I call them darkies. There is also a young couple in the building area. I start to struggle somewhat with one of these darkies. While they are menacing they don’t seem particularly dangerous due to a lack of power. Later I am in yet another part of the office and there is another type of cloud, clear and blue animated. It is as though the cloud is lost and clumsily trying to move about. I get the impression there is an old, maybe senile man inside the cloud or embodied in the cloud somehow.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47/Male Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Alex,
Alex,
On this second dream, if you put yourself in place as the psychologist as well as the client you may see the intended message of this dream {the first part of a dream lays out what the dream is about}. 'They are like children' is likely a statement on causation, experiences/influences from childhood that have become unconscious motivators for personality and adult behavior. The problem is you are 'not listening' and despite your knowledge of the unconscious contents there are still strong issues that need to be worked out. This may allude to the response you gave, 'I have since stopped practicing meditation because I can't properly contain the archetypal energies my meditation practice releases.' This was a positive step in your exploration but because of the very strong emotional issues you were unable to confront/endure the energies they possess. You are performing self examination of these issues but there is still much to be learned before the issues are resolved.

The various offices in the dreams represent the various issues you have but could also represent different experiences/relationships. The female would be an anima aspect and could represent those 'feminine' experiences that need to be removed {emotions as well as literal}.The desk and chair is the need/desire to evaluate these issues, self discovery and exploration.

I believe the developing pattern with the different females represents anima qualities on one level but also actual relationships on another. There is your wife, the unnamed females {other relationships}, the older middle aged woman picking up her grandson. These different female images may be alluding to your mother. The huge black clouds may be addressing this specific issue. These issues have yet to come out {can not go outside}. There are strong emotions related to this issue {too big a storm}. Are there serious issues with your mother and if so have you confronted this particular issue?

The big bang may be the rude wakening you will experience when assimilating this/these issues. The cloud in one sense is you and the 'darkies' are the unconscious energies/motivators. It is you who are lost, clumsily trying to find your way shouldered with the emotional burdens in your life. The senile old man would be the wasted life you have lived because of these emotional issues {I have personality been there and experienced the same wasted early life}. This last paragraph would address your current situation {or the situation as it was when you had the dream}.

After analyzing this dream I return to the question about the relationship with your mother. Is it central to your emotional self, your childhood experiences affected by that relationship? More info about this aspect may be where we need to look to determine its role.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present