Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Not being able to save my dog

Very short dream and very difficult to say much about it. It does have to do with Hans but it is about more about you. Here is a possibility.

Although the dream was undoubtedly prompted by the experience with Han's and your inability to save him, in the dream he would represent an important part of you or aspect of your life {one special dog among many dogs}. The fact you could not save Hans {other than the actual experience} could indicate you could not save some valuable part of yourself. That may mean there is an inner conflict within yourself to do with betrayal and untrustworthy, personality issues or learned experiences from early life. You may be feeling this way about yourself because you feel you betrayed Hans and you are not trustworthy. But that would likely point to deeper issues to do with your whole self and life. The experience with Hans would have stoked these deeper issues and the dream would be the device that attempts to help you realize these issues and hopefully find a way to resolve them {dreams are nature's device to protect the psyche much like the immune system is to the body}.

Bridges usually represent a transition, going from one phase to another in life or some other aspect to do with the 'dogs'. You are approaching that mid-life stage and this may be a prelude to the transition of that stage. At mid-life we begin to look back {if not consciously then unconsciously} to find a reason for who we are and what life is about {large bodies of water often symbolize unconscious contents}. The dogs would be your emotions and the bridge is a connection to unconscious contents to conscious understanding. You are able to 'save' the positive aspects that make up your life but there is at least one {we all have at least one} aspect that is in conflict. Betrayal and untrustworthy may be those aspects, being a part of your total self or/and feelings you have toward others {which, if involve parents may be issues you grew up with and are a part of your personality traits}. The fact Hans is left on the bridge {metaphorically speaking} may suggest there are aspects about yourself {possibly to do with betrayal and trustworthiness} that need to be left behind {from one stage to the next, young adult to mid-life}. It is you who picked up the 'other dogs' and saved them and it is you would will have to find solutions and resolution to these emotional issues.

Summary
Good chance you are having feelings of being untrustworthy and you betrayed Hans. These are strong emotions, losing a loved friend and companion {animal or person}. But dreams always have at least two meanings/applications and your dream probably points to deeper issues {loyalty, betrayal, trustworthiness as good possibilities} within you. If there are such issues there is a good chance you know of them. Parental relationships may have a lot to do with it, or early life issues that involved emotions associated with betrayal and trustworthiness. These early life experiences/influences could form a part of your foundations to personality and affect who you are as an adult {unconscious motivators}. Look deep into yourself and see if these characteristics fit you or/and people in your life. Because Hans {you} stayed on the bridge would be an indication these associations have a direct impact on you as an adult. Read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams to get a better understanding how dreams functions {psychological}.

Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present