Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Waiting for a bus

Hi Jerry,

From what you have interpreted so far makes sense.

I forgot to add a bit regarding the lady sitting opposite me at the table. Before she told me what the two women were doing, she said "Tomorrow is always a new day".

I look forward to your final interpretation :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Woman 30, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} This is my dream

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Sorry Jerry,
I made a mistake, the lady sitting opposite me at the table said "Everyday is a new day" after she told me that the women put the devil on me.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} This is my dream

Anonymous,
To continue my analysis I will start with what I originally saw and repeat what I think is still relevant from what I wrote in my first response. I will then continue my analysis. I will break it down by paragraph since dreams do have a set structure and each paragraph usually follows that structure.

First Paragraph
I still sense pretty much the same emotional energies as I did originally {dreams are all about the dreamer's emotions and their function is to help resolve emotional issues and conflicts}. There seems to be aspects involving expectations for better things to happen in your life which would also involve your sister and goes back to childhood. There may be some competition involved, one that measures your progress compared to hers. You may feel you have not achieved as much as you expected at this stage in your life. It may be you are at a point where at times you think the higher things are not obtainable. Your adult life may have started out on a relative normal path but you deviated from that and fell behind expectations because of it.
Note: There may be personal associations to the numbers in the dream but the numbers 81 and ninety something {or nine} are archetypal numbers and represent wholeness. Dreams are nature's way of helping to bring us to wholeness and your dream is focused better things in adult life and finding wholeness.

Second Paragraph
I see this part of the dream as focusing on your having advanced or having expectations of advancing further than when you were a child. But you may feel you are not advancing as you wish to, and/or had reached some of the intended goals and have 'fallen back'. The unconscious issues from childhood may be one issues holding you back, the unconscious influences being motivators to personality and actions {this is the deeper, secondary aspect the dream is trying to help resolve}. You may feel you are in the same position as your sister {as an adult}. Neither one of you have achieved the progress/advancement in life you had intended. Aspects of your life may be much like that of childhood {the second aspect your dream is focused on the unconsciously influences childhood experiences}. Are there similar experiences in your adult life as with those of your parents?

Third Paragraph and Closing Statement
I sense this last part of the dream is not only addressing similar circumstances as in childhood but also a stagnant advancement from where you were and where you are now as an adult. One reason for this would be unconscious forces related to childhood you are not aware of {childhood experiences/influences are the foundations for which personality and actions as an adult are built on}. The many walls in your dream would represent unconscious barriers to understanding the unconscious energies. Water is a symbol for the unconscious {small bodies of water often represent the w.personal unconscious as opposed to the Collective unconscious which would be symbolized by large bodies of water}. The water bottle would represent unconscious and conscious desires for wholeness and that is what you are 'thirsty' for in your life. The woman on the left is you and your inherent self to progress toward wholeness despite the barriers that are in your way {conscious barriers as well as unconscious}.
Note: A clue the woman being you is in the dream language, "she wanted me to give her some water". This may have been an unconscious 'misstatement' where 'she' is actually you giving yourself some 'water'. Not sharing the water would not realizing the unconscious energies/influences that are holding you back. You are being driven by unconscious motivations and I sense this is the primary message of the dream.
You are ignoring these energies and in your conscious life may be ignoring issues that you know are not the best decisions.

The part about your son may have personal associations but I sense he represents either undeveloped or developing masculine aspects, male within the female {being independent, strong, disciplined, etc}. In your waking life 'walking with your son' may be a conscious decision that is the right thing to do. In an unconscious aspect it is something you need to develop if you are to make the right decisions in your life. A lack of a properly developed animus would be the result of childhood experiences/influences, usually were the father was absent or did not provide the proper father nourishment.

The Asian shop may have personal associations but could also symbolize something foreign or unknown. The shop would represent your needs and desires and the window representing
hopes and possibilities as well as looking within yourself. The issues in your life, both conscious and unconscious {the conscious being influenced/motivated by unconscious energies} follow you through your life. The water bottle being gone may point to unrealized desires as well as not realizing the unconscious energies. The bag represents responsibilities as well as burdens. You are experiencing the opposite for what you wish/desire/shopping for.

The mints is a hard symbol to interpret. Although the first impression is one that describes a candy product {which may indicate a 'sugar coating' of issues} they may point to the coining or a sum of money which would point to issues of 'self worth' {which could be an issue related to childhood}. The self worth aspect would fit with the later inclusion of mints in the dream where you find mints in your bag {storage for personal aspects}.

The two women are the two aspects within you, the part of you seeking wholeness and a better life, and the opposing self controlled by unconscious motivators and personal experiences that have set you back in reaching your goals in life. Behind you would be another symbol for unconscious aspects as would the image of your back. Rubbing your back would be the stimulation of unconscious contents and from top to bottom would represent your whole self, your whole being. The unconscious action is what is controlling your life, stimulation of the unconscious contents as the motivating factors and a need {through conscious intent as well as in your dreams} to realize these motivations and your actions that cause wrong decisions in life. Telling them to stop is to deny access to these unconscious motivators as well as consciously ignoring your actions {cause and effect-what happens in life is caused by your actions}. Consciously {the woman in front} is laughing is the helplessness you feel in making a better life and taking control of your life. You are putting the devil on your own back {again, cause and effect}. It is the self worth issue that your unconscious is offering as information. The ability {right hand} to control your life is primarily an unconscious issue {the palm facing your way suggests that you hold all the knowledge you need in you own hands, unconscious knowledge}. But it also points to decisions in your life and the knowledge you hold about those you know may not have been the best decisions {reasons why early adult life started out on the right direction but was derailed}. Not liking the mints may be a statement about not liking aspects about yourself. You feel you have nothing in your life/bag to offer that is positive.

Summary
I believe the dream is addressing the issues of desires/wishes for a better life than you had in childhood {as did your sister} but also more important the unconscious influences from childhood that are motivators for many of the important decisions in life, especially early adulthood and/or late teens. Look back at your childhood and determine what issues are there and see if your parents experiences are similar to your own as you grew older. Was their marriage a bad one, were they divorced, did you have similar experiences in your relationships? More than that early life foundations may have a negative influence on your personality which would be more difficult to get to an would need a deeper examination to resolve those issues. Self worth may be a prime issue and conscious actions to find self worth that was lacking because of childhood may dictate decision making as an adult. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can learn more from that.
Jerry

Do not feel obligated to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and does not affect your ability to post your dreams for analysis....Jerry

A Message From Jerry

Learn More About

NO KILL Shelters

No Kill Advocacy Center

Please Contribute
{Any Amount You Can Give}

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Click Here For More Information

Visit My Site

Brevard County Advocacy for Animals

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

Click Here For More Information or to Make a Contribution

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your analysis. It is freakily accurate in regards to what I am going through at this time in my life.

I have been thinking and trying to remember what happened in my past, but at the moment I can only see bits and pieces. I do wish for a better life to what I am living right now, as a child I remember financial hardship and both parents working most of the time. Even though times were tough, my parents never divorced. My current relationship is in a way similar, we are going through financial difficulties, but my spouse wants to separate.

Childhood dictating decision making as an adult is interesting and very relevant with my decision to go and talk to counsellor to solve inner issues. This year I have been fighting with myself with the changes that have happened inside of me. I am not the same person I was a long time ago, and yet people still act like I am. So in one way my true self is coming out, but because what people say (I think this is also related to childhood/young adult) I am pushing my true self back. As a person I do aim for wholeness, including spiritually and I want to be better than I am now. If I had the self worth that you have mentioned, I feel as though I would have already achieved greatness, and most of my goals/dreams would be fulfilled.

Thank you once again, I truly appreciate it. The analysis is very accurate, and I take it as a sign to do what I have planned to do, especially since I have received signs in my waking life as well

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Woman 30 Australia

Anonymous,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. It helps those who are interested in dreams to understand the symbolic images and the metaphors they represent not only in your dream and in your life but in general. All dreams have a message and to understand the message there has to be an understanding of the basic principles of dream psychology. Jungian concepts and approach to dreams provides that. Getting to the message of what is in the unconsciously reveals the true self, not letting the emotional self/ego control the true identity. In is the inner self you find the true self and that is to be found in the unconscious and is revealed in our dreams. Whatever it is that prevents us from being whole will be the subject matter in our nightly slumber.

As for your life in the present. You have to find your true self and be your true self or you will never find wholeness. Nature's intent was for humans to be whole but with the way the world is we are controlled by the outer desires and not the inner values. Spirituality {living accord with nature as well as society} and creativity {we all have a special ability or dedicated to something that fulfills the soul} are the two ingredients that lead to wholeness. That and resolving those issues that are imprinted on the psyche from early/earlier life experiences/influences. It is not by chance we turn out much like our parents since we spend our formative years under their control and influence. Many of the limitations in life are from early life imprinting. When you look back and discover what those are you uncover what was not known. You can not resolve what you do not know. Once you know what the imprinting is you can begin the healing process that prevents wholeness. By living a spiritual life you have control over cause and effect. The positive things as well as the negative are most always the result of your own actions. And many of those actions are unconscious, a product of the imprinting, motivators for personality and actions in later life. Take control of your life by being your true self. What others think of your true self doesn't matter. What you think of yourself does.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present