Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dreams in which I'm dead / dying

Carolyn,
In dreams the rule of thumb that almost always fits is any 'generic' person within a dream represents an aspect of the dreamer. So yes, the soldier would be a part of yourself. A known person {even if not named} would also represent an aspect of the dreamer with that person possessing qualities/experiences that the dreamer identifies/shares with or opposites aspects that affect the dreamer. The known person would then also represent the dreamer in those related aspects. The primary issue I took from the dream language was the inner anger {again, a trained analyst can discern the outlines of the emotional conflict but not often the specifics}. The war is an inner war/conflict and the other woman could be the aspect related to your anger which is displayed by the injustices of other people. But the other woman would also be focusing on the reasons for this inner anger, that 'other' person within who has the anger. Those are the central issues that need to be understood so you can work to resolve what causes them. Have you determined what the issues are in your counseling sessions?

The unconscious motivators are just that, unconscious. These energies usually come from past experiences/influences and are often rooted in childhood. Very often dreams will address these rooted aspects, using symbolic language {the language of dreams}. The soldier in your dream is not only symbolic but is a metaphor for an 'active' emotional energy within you. These inner aspects are often projected onto others. In your case it could be people you are angry with {even if justified}. The anger is not only at them but also yourself.

"The defensive mechanisms are not adequate to defend yourself from these inner issues." You ask if this means everything is a front. Not a front but a disguise cast onto others. The disguise are the inner emotional conflicts.

What may be dead inside is not your whole self but some aspect of yourself. You speak of difficulties with creativity {creativity is the ultimate expression of the true self}. It may be related to those energies that block you from being your true self {personals as well as creative}. Two years ago this would have been definitely a truth. Perhaps it still is and you are unaware/unconscious of it. Therapy will eventually reveal this if true.
Note: Carl Jung used dream therapy to delve into the unconscious. Whereas the old standard method of analyzing a patient {I say old because more therapists are using dreams as a tool to discover what is within the unconscious} took much more time to get to, dreams are a direct link to the unconscious. Instead of using free association, Jung always wanted the patient to return to the dream to open the doors to the unconscious contents.

Dream Two
Parents aren't always the reason for inner anger {but usually there are links associated with parenting that can be result in later anger}. There could be neurological reasons but usually there are unconscious motivators as well. Why was there anger about school? Determining those causes will lead to te source of the anger and discovering the source will allow you to resolve the issues.

The odd way you feel about yourself could be what is missing, at least the causes for these feelings. It always gets back to the causes. Few things just happen by chance {cause and effect}. The fulfillment may not only have to do with work but to do with the underlying reasons. The 'natural' function of dreams is to help the dreamer understand what the underlying energies/causes are so the person can consciously be aware of them and, with work and time, resolve them.

Joseph Campbell, my spiritual mentor who introduced me to Jungian psyche in 1992} made the statement, " there is an invisible plane supporting the visible one." The unconscious is the invisible plane that underlies the conscious. We often do things we are not conscious of and on reason is the unconscious energies that motivate us to do so. Campbell was not only speaking to the inner aspects of the human psyche but energies within nature also. What many consider mysteries or even super natural are really natural phenomenon we do not understand or have yet to discover. Within the human psyche it is discovering the energies within the unconscious that make us do the mysterious things we do.

We have covered a lot in our conversation. The fact you are in counseling and seeking to discover the sources for your inner conflicts is a positive step in finding wholeness and happiness in life. Your posting your dreams for interpretation is also a positive step because it demonstrates an openness to seek all the tools possible to find that wholeness. I am not a psychologist/therapist, do not have any formal training {I am what is considered an 'intuitive Jungian'}. Let me make a point for consideration for future therapy.
You posted two dreams for me to analyze and all I knew about you was your age and gender. Yet I was able to point out many truths about your psychology from these two dreams. Just think if I had known what your therapist knows about you and used dreams as a tool in your therapy. From one post I pointed to truths that usually takes a therapist many hours of analyzing to get to. Consider the value of Jungian therapy and if it is possible to find a therapist who uses Jungian dream work. You may want to inquire to those possibilities. Consider the power of dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present