Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Dream I Had This Morning

This dream starts of with me playing basketball in a school gymnasium with some other people I know (I'm not quite sure who they are). I am feeling slighted and ignored by these people who are supposed to be my friends. I don't feel like I have anything in common with them. When I get the basketball I try to jump up and slam dunk it and I am annoyed that I can't jump high enough to do this, even after trying a few times.

I feel that I want to be alone now so I go outside. In front of me is a rocky beach with tall pine trees in front of it. I want to fly like a bird so I start flapping my arms like wings. When this doesn't work I try just holding my arms still out to the sides and the wind lifts me up. I glide on the wind to the top of a tall pine tree in front of the ocean.

From the top of this tree I can see an island in the ocean. This island is inhabited entirely by birds. I see an eagle as big as I am coming straight at me aggressively. I decide that I'd better get out of there because he is stronger and can fly faster than me- I can only glide slowly through the air.

I take off from the top of the tree and glide down to a frozen iceberg that seems to be in the far north. I find that it is actually a chain of different icebergs and they are inhabited by arctic mammals such as seals. This place is supposed to be an endangered wildlife preserve and I know that I am not really supposed to be there because it's "off limits" to humans.

After crossing over the water on a rickety unstable wooden platform I am on land again. Now I am in some kind of pristine forest and need to find my way back home, so I start walking towards the south. I am carrying a bronze eagle pendant (which I really do have in real life) and I need to bring it to somebody (who that somebody is I can't say). I accidentally drop the pendant in a muddy pool of water and I'm afraid I've lost it. However, when I reach my hand into the muddy water I am able to pull it out. At this time I was awakened.

I'll tell you a little bit about what's going on in my life to help you with your interpretation. I'm single- recently divorced with no children. I'm going back to school pursue a new career. I am somewhat introverted and don't socialize with people very much, due to Asperger's Syndrome (mild Autism).

I'm looking forward to seeing your interpretation Jerry,
Thanks,
Warren

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37, Male, Ottawa, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes.

Re: A Dream I Had This Morning

Warren,
I'll break the dream down by paragraph to help explain my interpretation. I'll provide the dream post then my analysis in blue. At the end I will give a summary of my analysis.

This dream starts of with me playing basketball in a school gymnasium with some other people I know (I'm not quite sure who they are). I am feeling slighted and ignored by these people who are supposed to be my friends. I don't feel like I have anything in common with them. When I get the basketball I try to jump up and slam dunk it and I am annoyed that I can't jump high enough to do this, even after trying a few times.

Playing basketball probably represents an external need for assistance and co-operation from others as well as an internal need for all aspects of your psyche to come together to achieve your goals. In your waking life you are probably often ignored/dismissed {because of your mild autism}. Your condition may be the reason for the dream feeling of not having anything in common with others {externally} but also having one negative aspect {condition} that holds you back while possessing other positive qualities. Because of the Aspergers you are unable to achieve complete wholeness {anything round represents the need/desire for wholeness, physically as well as psychologically}. Life isn't a slam dunk as you wish it could be.

I feel that I want to be alone now so I go outside. In front of me is a rocky beach with tall pine trees in front of it. I want to fly like a bird so I start flapping my arms like wings. When this doesn't work I try just holding my arms still out to the sides and the wind lifts me up. I glide on the wind to the top of a tall pine tree in front of the ocean.

You are forced to face the outside world alone in your quest for wholeness and successful achievement of your goals. The beach represents a meeting of the inner and outer worlds and it is a rocky road at best. The pine tree symbolizes fertility in life and that is your goal and desire. Flying like a bird represents the freedom to escape both the external and internal restrictions and limitations that hold you back. You have to resort to your own internal vigor and strength to rise above the limitations.

From the top of this tree I can see an island in the ocean. This island is inhabited entirely by birds. I see an eagle as big as I am coming straight at me aggressively. I decide that I'd better get out of there because he is stronger and can fly faster than me- I can only glide slowly through the air.

You may at times feel isolated {island} and from a perspective of reaching for higher achievements in life {school/new career} you are capable of emotional renewal while on your journey {ocean}. Internally you are all about freedom despite your isolation. But what life has given you there are stronger challenges than normal. You must use your creative energies {air} to survive and persevere.

I take off from the top of the tree and glide down to a frozen iceberg that seems to be in the far north. I find that it is actually a chain of different icebergs and they are inhabited by arctic mammals such as seals. This place is supposed to be an endangered wildlife preserve and I know that I am not really supposed to be there because it's "off limits" to humans.

In your quest for personal achievement you have to go 'with the flow' {glide} in dealing with the realities {north} of the cold world you often encounter. There are many different challenges/barriers in your quest and you must utilize many different aspects of your personality to make advancements. You are an endangered species among the norm and find you are face with 'off limits/limitations' in many aspects of life.

After crossing over the water on a rickety unstable wooden platform I am on land again. Now I am in some kind of pristine forest and need to find my way back home, so I start walking towards the south. I am carrying a bronze eagle pendant (which I really do have in real life) and I need to bring it to somebody (who that somebody is I can't say). I accidentally drop the pendant in a muddy pool of water and I'm afraid I've lost it. However, when I reach my hand into the muddy water I am able to pull it out. At this time I was awakened.

You have been able to conquer your emotional limitations {water} despite the instabilities that life throws at you. And despite the emotional and literal barriers you encounter you are able to find a firm foundation {land} to go forward. Your current goal of going to school and new career is likely the reason for the pristine forest {new personal growth}, your overall goal to find inner peace and wholeness {back home}. You have great expectations {south} and because you do possess strong inner resilience {bronze eagle pendant} there is a need to use these qualities in your journey. The somebody is this greater inner resources that propel you despite the handicaps and obstacles you encounter. Unconsciously you know there are unplanned experiences that will present problems you must overcome and at times you may consciously feel you are 'lost'. However, because you do possess a strong inner psyche you know you will persevere and continue to make progress despite the obstacles you must face in the future.

Summary
A very positive dream which demonstrates your inner strengths despite your limitations and the obstacles you encounter in your waking life. There may have been a recent experiences but the dream also is addressing an overall condition of your life. In my analysis I see it pointing to your ability to overcome both your physical limitations {mild autism} and the waking life barriers. You are also dealing with the unconscious aspects of your emotions as well as the inherent ability to overcome the mild autism. The dream is stating you are headed in the right direction and need only to use your strengths and objectively in facing the realities in your quest for achievement and wholeness. Perhaps the dream is saying 'fly like a bird with the strength of an eagle'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Summary

A very positive dream which demonstrates your inner strengths despite your limitations and the obstacles you encounter in your waking life. There may have been a recent experiences but the dream also is addressing an overall condition of your life. In my analysis I see it pointing to your ability to overcome both your physical limitations {mild autism} and the waking life barriers. You are also dealing with the unconscious aspects of your emotions as well as the inherent ability to overcome the mild autism. The dream is stating you are headed in the right direction and need only to use your strengths and objectively in facing the realities in your quest for achievement and wholeness. Perhaps the dream is saying 'fly like a bird with the strength of an eagle'.

Thanks Jerry, interesting interpretation. You are right in that I am finally starting to overcome both some of my physical limitations (mild Autism) and the waking life barriers. I have had similar dreams before which I thought were telling me to use my strengths to overcome obstacles in my life. I was previously let go from a job because of my lack of ability to communicate with other people. Now I am pursuing another career in which having Asperger's Syndrome might actually be an advantage- it gives me the ability to memorize large amounts of information.

The only thing I don't understand is why the dream is telling me that I am an "endangered species among the norm." Very many people have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome these days- it is not at all uncommon. The dream seems to be giving me an inflated sense of my own uniqueness.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes.

Warren,
You are correct there are many who have been diagnosed with Aspergers. But internally {within your psyche} you know you are 'different' and face challenges people without handicaps don't. Also society often treats anyone who is 'different' negatively which presents even more challenges. The sentence that prompts me to state you are an endangered species among the norm is, "This place is supposed to be an endangered wildlife preserve and I know that I am not really supposed to be there because it's "off limits" to humans." Each of these words 'endangered wildlife preserve' has meaning. The place is within you {dreams point inward as well as denoting actual waking experiences}. You are endangered because of the extraordinary efforts you have to take fit in {introverted state due to Aspergers}. Wildlife Is a collective term that defines a 'region' or aspect within yourself, one that may point to unconscious stimuli more so than conscious {consciously you may not feel endangered}. The preserve would be 'a sphere of activity regarded as being reserved for a particular person or group'. Perhaps the key word in the statement is 'supposed' which I see as denoting a conscious effort and identification {positive} that you do not feel different or endangered. But conscious activities always take a seat behind the unconscious {which is where your true self, true emotions are to be found}. Dreams are a link to the true self, a direct link to the unconscious. They reveal truths that consciousness often ignores, suppresses or is not aware of. Sometimes these truths are only true due to the origins related to inherent physical/psychological aspects {for you that would be the Aspergers} and over time the negative aspects are overcome. The dream points to your having overcoming your disabilities but there are remaining issues to be resolved {introversion/isolation because of your Aspergers to the point of keeping you from complete wholeness}. The function, the original intent provided by nature of dreams is bring us to wholeness, overcoming the negatives in life and finding that thing in life that fulfills the soul {creativity is the prime source of soul fulfillment}.

Let me say in closing that dream analysis is subjective. A proper analysis of any dream must take the whole dream and discern patterns within the dream {emotional patterns}. One sentence is but a part of the whole dream and all other parts must be taken into consideration. I sense the patterns in your dream point to a strong will power which is partly due to the inherent resources provided by nature {nature most always compensates what is lacking with something that helps to overcome the negatives} but also is pointing to what is lacking in achieving wholeness. Although you persevere in most instances despite your Aspergers you continue to possess negative aspects because of it {introversion/isolation/inability to socialize}. In one aspect the dream points to your positive qualities but in another points to the aspects that are lacking/negative. This is your true identity and what needs work is the negative aspects. Anyone with a handicap, most any handicap, has to overcome obstacles in life that would normally not be the case. This is one aspect that makes you endangered. Internally your introverted state threatens to endanger your path to wholeness.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks once again, Jerry, for the detailed explanation to my question- it's very much appreciated. You're interpretation of my dreams have been spot on.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present