Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dream help

Thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20/female illinois

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? most likely

nmarin,
Let's go over my analysis {both responses} with your response in mind and see what we come up with.

Analysis: You have two choices, both that need to be opened and better understood. One is the masculine which you prefer and utilize the most. But there is conflict with this masculine self, aspects of which you do not understand/realize.

Further Analysis: Perhaps it should read the masculine which was pushed on you instead of what you prefer. This may be one conflict with the masculine and that may have deprived you of your true feminine values. Pushing yourself to please others {a masculine aspect} may be a trait that has become as unconscious stimulus and it could cause you to replicate actions you feel important because of what others expect and ignore what you truly like/want. Is science a subject you really love or is it something less than that and not the important thing in life?

Analysis: This masculine aspect is in need of assistance from the feminine {to create balance}. Then there is the feminine which you have to share and probably submissive/inferior to/with the masculine. This causes problems in accessing these a balance. Unconsciously there needs to be a break through in accessing the shared aspects.

Further Analysis: This would fit with the above added analysis. Because of expectations from your father and possibly others your masculine side was how you lived as a younger person {up until college when you began to break away from family and go on your own}. This masculine side was forced on you and because of that your feminine self was ignored. Now as you grow older and become aware of what your true self wants the feminine needs to be integrated into who you are. That would translate into doing what you really love to do and not abiding what others want. Your feminine aspects has been submissive to the masculine causing an imbalance.

Analysis: Unconsciously there needs to be a break through in accessing the shared aspects. The masculine aspects which you prefer are not helpful in times of great need. The preferred masculine aspects causes inner conflict and produces a 'mechanical' attitude.

Further Analysis: When I say unconscious it refers to the energies that motivate you to act as you do/have and contribute you your personality. The environment in which you were raised {doing what others wanted} are unconscious motivators and to remedy what is out of balance there needs to be a conscious recognition of the unconscious energies. That is what we are doing by analyzing/interpreting your dreams.

Analysis: This attitude is the source of lower 'values' which may point to not being able to be your true self because of a too strong of masculine qualities.

Further Analysis: The masculine has ruled your life, figuratively in how your psyche has developed from early life experiences and literally in your father pushed you to play softball. As a child you were enjoying playing and possibly may have had a good relationship with your father because of it {having a close relationship of any kind is positive} but as you grew older your true self began to exert itself. The feminine aspects are often opposite the masculine but more than that the feminine includes the creative aspects. Is science a 'creative' endeavor where you truly enjoy learning about it or is it something again forced on you? Often the early life experiences become unconscious motivators and lead to repeated 'mistakes'. You do things unconsciously and we do so until you either grow out of it {some we do, many we don't} or realize there are unconscious energies that motivate you. Is your science education motivated by your animus or is it a subject you really love? If it isn't something you really like doing then it is likely motivated by the influences from early life which would be centered in the animus.

Analysis: My sense of this dream is you are too reliant on your masculine qualities and do not utilize the feminine as you should.

Further Analysis: I still think this to be true and a central message of the dream. We know the reasons for this {forced to play softball, perform masculine tasks}. As a child it was fun but as an adult it isn't the true you. The true self is to be found in a balanced psyche but contrary to popular belief it is the feminine aspects that are superior {because it is the creative/spiritual}. As I stated in my original analysis these are soulful issues {the number nine in Greek mythology is symbolic the feminine and the soul} and you must overcome the physical/psychological impulses {the number six relates to the body}. You ahve ignored {was pushed to do so} the feminine side and take on a masculine attitude which is not your true identity. The inner qualities to do with your true self must be realized and utilized. This will bring about balance and true harmony in later life. The boy vs girl is the masculine psyche vs the feminine psyche.

Analysis: Rather than one experience {5th grade} possessing emotional energies that were life altering I see it as a learning experience about yourself that was the beginning of an awareness to do with your personality/life.

Further Analysis: You may want to look back at this time period and see if there are experiences that are relevant to the masculine attitude vs the feminine. Your close girlfriend leaving may have been a 'big' event in it left a void in your feminine psyche {your gf relationship brought the feminine out}. When you she left it could have been on lasting stimulus for your feminine self. That could be the experience {if indeed it is true} the dream was speaking to. You need to bring that gf back into your life {figuratively speaking, the inner gf}.

Summary
I believe my original analysis{es} were proper from what you added in your comments. As I stated I can only see along the periphery/outlines of a dream with any exact experiences being known only by the dreamer. An over reliance on the masculine and ignoring the feminine. The first was forced on you {even though you liked it for a long while when you were younger} and now the feminine is wanting to be noticed. What to do to bring out this feminine side? Be your true self and don't let the unconscious motivators get in the way. Don't let others dictate what you should do in life, do what your soul wishes for. Is science something you really like {it can involve creativity}? Or is it another experience of doing what others expect or what you think is important because of a too strong animus? Choose number 9 over number 6 {these numbers have archetypal associations related to mythology and the natural psyche}, the true self over what the body wants or thinks it wants {including those pushed on you}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Jerry. This explains a couple other dreams I've had too. Thank you for taking the time to do a detailed analysis it really helped me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20/female illinois

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present