Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: strange dream whats the meaning

Anonymous,

Here is what I get from what seems to be a simple dream but may in fact point to deeper issues to do with relationships.

Being in jail but not trapped may point to aspects of your life where you feel suffocated or confined but choose to be in this situation. You are not only OK with the experience but may need it {that would go to deeper issues}. Your bf being included in the dream and a proposal may be the dream addressing your true feelings {dreams are about how you really feel}. Saying yes may be how you would react in real life but it may be you need to be in a relationship to feel whole {ring is a circle which symbolizes wholeness and happiness wit yourself and your life}. The dream would be addressing the issue with the actual relationship but also go to the deeper issues that are brought about from early life experience {childhood and beyond} where there may have been a lack of proper love and nourishment. Such an upbringing will sometimes result in an unconscious need in later life to be in a relationship despite the negatives {feelings suffocated/confined by the relationship}. It is not the best possible relationship but it is better than none. I have known people who get into a relationship that is doomed to fail because they must be in a relationship despite knowing it is not the best situation. It may be a relationship of convenience more so one that is the best. This could be your situation.

As for the meaning of the purple stone. A stone can represent strength and unity which would fit with the need for a strong relationship {instead of one that is convenient}. The unity would point to a need for unity with another person as well as unity within yourself where you have resolved any issue that would make you accept a relationship of convenience. The purple color could symbolize, in psychological terms, deep intuition or awareness of some type as yet unexplored dimension of the self. That would point to the feelings of suffocation {jail} because of a relationship of convenience {only OK with it}.

Let me say how important it is to provide your age and gender in analyzing a dream. I assume you are female but in today's world a bf proposing could involve a same sex relationship. The reason for gender is when a man is in a woman's dream it could point to masculine qualities Or lack of} of the woman's psyche {although the dream states it is your bf he may represent inner qualities as well}. The dream is likely addressing two issues using the same images {symbols} with one focusing on the relationship with your bf and another inner issues {as noted in my analysis}. A man in a man's dream {or woman in a woman's dream} would mean something entirely different.

As for age, a younger person's dreams often have a different perspective as to what the images represent. I take it you are a younger person but how young can be very important. A young teen's life is much different even from even that of a young adult. An older person has a lot of life experiences {and thus accumulated emotional baggage} and that may influence how to interpret a symbol/image. In the case of an older person the dream would more likely be addressing the 'baggage' issues from the dreamer's past. A younger person lacks this experience and the dream is more likely to be more focused on current emotional issues {along with other issues but as a secondary issue}. Understanding the stage of life of the dreamer is important in analyzing/interpreting a dream. My take from your post is you are a younger person and the dream is addressing both the relationship with your bf as well as deeper issues to do with foundations in life where you are unconsciously motivated by the early life experiences/influences. Coming from a broken home always has an affect on a person but in what way depends on the individual. Because dreams speak the truth and only the truth {the conscious ego speaks to what a person wants and wishes for and not always the true self} they will reveal what is out of balance in the dreamer's emotional life in an attempt to help resolve the issues and bring about balance {dreams are nature's healing device for the psyche just as the immune system is to the body}. Ask yourself if you are happy with the relationship because it is convenient or because your bf is the person you really want to be with. If your in your early teens you probably will not know that answer because your ego trumps your true self. It may be the same even if you are older and your unconscious psyche is controlled by a lack of early life nourishment which would push you to convenience instead of what you really need/want.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I am 16 years old and a female but most of my friends and older people tell me im very wise for my age very mature because ive been through alot. and about the relationship, i have a long distance relationship for almost 2 years now, its not an ideal situation but we really love eachother

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

anonymous,
Your long distance relationship that is not ideal fits with being in jail but not feeling trapped. My sense is there are issues about the relationship you may intuitively {your true feelings} feel is not OK. Your family life may not be ideal {mature because of experiences} could provide a tendency for a need for a relationship {despite it not being ideal/OK}. I believe the dream is addressing both issues, the relationship that is not ideal {what other issues about it that make it not ideal?} as well as a tendency to accept such a relationship because of personal experiences {family}. The long distance relationship {have you actually met the guy and how old is he} may play out {it would be best that it did} but if indeed there is an inherent need {due to negative experiences with family or or personal experiences} for a relationship you may be prone to accept a relationship in the future that is less than ideal. Those type relationships seldom last {I know from my own experiences as well as people I have worked with}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

He is 3,5 years older than me and no i havent seen him yet hes going to visit me this year and no hes not a total stranger my friend has lived there till she moved and they were friends and because of her i came in contact with him and let to this relationship. And im not having a relationship because i want one i have a relationship because i truely love him not just the company but i love him for him and i see my future with him. And i know im young, anything can happen. But isnt that with all relationships. Anyways i thank you alot for helping me understand my dream ;D

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present