Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: naked dream

Anonymous,
is difficult if not impossible to state exactly what a dream image may represent but the patterns that develop from the images and actions are what are important. An image is a symbol for some aspect of the dreamer's psyche/true self and providing what they may represent allows a flow of patterns to develop. If that flow does not fit together then the interpretation of the image may be incorrect. But if there is a continuous flow and a pattern develops then the interpretation is probably correct. All images have at least two interpretations/applications {an example: high school could represent a learning experience related to emotional issues as well as pointing to an actual time frame associated with the emotional issues}. The first part of a dream sets the stage for what the dream message is and in your dream that message {in may analysis} points to an aspect within your psyche you are afraid of/afraid to acknowledge. The ghost suggests something that is emotionally haunting. This first lines points to a developing pattern and as the dream develops the pattern will have a flow and should fit together in a narrative that describes an emotional experience that is a conflict in search of a resolution. Usually there is not a single image that defines what the dream message is but a series of ambiguous images that when put together forms a discernible pattern a trained dream analyst will recognize. This is how i came to my conclusions about your dream and possible repressed emotional issues. Once I began reading the dream as metaphor a pattern developed and the images that followed fit with this pattern. Most certainly the images have other meanings/applications but those too would point to the same message but in a different direction {as with the high school example}. Here is how I read the images in your dream, breaking the images down as the pattern they represent developed.

The house is your inner self and the room you are afraid to go into is an emotional aspect that causes emotional pain/conflict {from past experiences in your waking life}. The ghost would be aspects you fear {from the past experiences that cause the emotional pain/conflict}. The blonde color may represent a fear {coward} of these emotional issues {if brought up to consciousness}. Getting dressed would represent getting to know your true self {acknowledging the emotional issues}. But there is no light available that allows your conscious self to do this. Giving up is giving in to accessing this knowledge {the first indication of repression}. Going downstairs would represent repressed thoughts {pushing these thoughts down into the depths of the unconscious}. Half naked may point to exposing some of these aspects to conscious attention or into the subconscious {the dream itself may be the mechanism that is doing this}. Your boobs hanging out would symbolize exposing these unconscious aspects that are repressed {and a desire for emotional nourishment that was lacking in your early life}. Wanting someone to come upstairs would be the need for assistence in bringing these repressed issues to conscious knowledge. The number 3 is the number for conflict {4 is wholeness, 3 not quite whole}. The high school girls would represent learning of the these unconscious aspects but could point to actual waking experiences {often when a time frame such as high school years are reference it points to actual waking life experiences which you confirmed in your response}. There is a subconscious awareness available to you associated with this time frame {moving away from home and the end of childhood experiences}. Your bf's sister would point to animus issues related to repressed shadow qualities {shadow issues are the 'dark' unconscious emotional issues that follow you around}. The bf would be an animus quality and could point to aspects related to masculine relationships or/and an actual relationship. Clothes are ego/personality traits/aspect and the floor would be the foundations for them {early life experiences/influences}. These are inner aspects that should be positive {cute} but the reality is your foundations are negative experiences. The number 3 again would point to inner emotional conflicts and the shirts would represent attitudes you possess. The number 3 may also suggest 3 experiences or 3 aspects that are the cause of your conflicts. Going downstairs and no one being there may also point to repressed issues {no one there being not being able to consciously 'see' the emotional issues}. Being in a hurry would symbolize being unprepared {to accept the unconscious energies that are repressed} and getting dressed would represent putting these aspects 'on' consciously so to be made aware of them {clothes represent the ego consciousness, putting them on would be a conscious realization}. You are unprepared to do this [acknowledge the unconscious contents/emotions}. Being scared when the lights went out would point to the fear of the unconscious contents {as well as the actual time frame the 'lights went out' on the positive aspects that should have been provided as a child, the foundations/floor for your path in life}. Those positive aspects were left behind because of repressed experiences that unconscious haunt you {ghost}. Acknowledging these issues, bringing them to consciousness would cause hurt/harm so you have repressed them. The inner ghost has gotten rid of any possibility of making them conscious. The ghost could also represent an actual person who is responsible for these repressed issues. They are repressed into the unconscious as far as they can go leaving you no where to run away from them {because the dream is attempting and will continue to attempt to make you aware of the issues}.

If there are repressed issues as you suspect then future dreams should begin to reveal what they are. Dreams usually come in a series with the first dream presenting the issue that is in conflict with following dreams providing additional clues to what the issues are. Dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor are the images are seldom literal {except in close relationships where a person may actually be the real waking life person} . They seldom come straight out and state what the emotional issues are. Especially when there are repressed issues that are buried deep within the unconscious. What needs to be done is to discover what the issues are either by way of therapy {with a trained therapist} or/and by self examination where you go back to your earliest memories and concentrate on those years. Often new memories will arise that will lead to other new memories and hopefully an ability to go into the one 'room' you could not go into in the original dream.

Let me know your thoughts and if you can remember any dreams after this first dream post them to see what they have to say. A dialog with the unconscious though dreams is more can be the path to discovering what the repressed issues are. Revealing what the issues are is the first step, acknowledging them is next with the intent to resolve the issues.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: naked dream

I'm going to try to meditate on my childhood memories later today and I will let you know if anything cones up and I will be sure to post my next dreams onto this thread. I am very curious so see what they have to say. Thank you for your detailed analysis Jerry! You have been a great help to me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 female Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present