Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream where NOTHING is happening

I ask a lot of people this, and this happens to no one I know. I cannot find anything on the Internet that pertains to it. I have multiple dreams a month where I find myself in a locatoin where NOTHING is going on; nothing is happening. For example, I will be in an industrial park, or carnival, or just a parking lot with no one around, or sometimes even lots of people around with me not knowing why I'm there, what I should be doing, who I should be talking to. At that point, I realize I'm dreaming, and still nothing happens. Sometimes I walk around aimlessly... and still no objective comes to the purpose of my dream. Does anyone have any answers for me?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22/F

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} not here

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Dream where NOTHING is happening

Brittany,
Although the dreams are about pretty much the same topics, what you provided doesn't point to a specific issue {they seldom do}. What you need to look for are patterns in your waking life are issues that fit with the dream language {symbol and metaphor}. Let's look at the possibilities. I'll present the possibilities. Once you get a sense of those future dreams may provide better clues.
Note: All dreams focus on more one issue but because of your age my sense is these are more about current experiences in your life and not the deeper issues to do with personality and foundations to who you are {although the dreams in some way would be addressing those issues}.

The fact you have these dreams several times a month likely indicates it is something that is contentious. Finding yourself in a location where nothing is going on probably indicates you are in a situation{s} where nothing is happening in your life, in some aspect you wish something was going on. The industrial park may point to hard work you put into making this 'nothing happening' issue happen. Or it could point to economical issues related to wanting/wishing for advancement in your career/job. Being around lots of people and not knowing why you or what you should be doing could suggest you are not quite sure how to going about getting away from 'being nowhere'. Walking around aimlessly would fit with that. You dream {conscious dreaming} about being there but nothing has come of it as yet. The 'objective' not coming to you may point to confusion to what that object, or your purpose in life is about {in which case would point to the deeper issues}.

Look at your waking life and determine what may fit with these possibilities. Your response may provide more clues to what these dreams are trying to communicate to you.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I'm just not sure if any of these types of dreams pertain to my life metaphorically... I can't see
it fit in any sort of way. ..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22/F

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} not here

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Brittany,
Your dreams most definitely pertain to your life metaphorically. Your dreams are about you, more specifically your emotional life. Not believing that could blind you to the true intent of the dream. This is Jungian psychology and Jung got it right when it comes to interpreting dreams {my dream work at the Forum verifies this}. It is not a dream with the original content {a whole dream} so that makes it difficult to get everything right. But because you have the belief it doesn't pertain to you I won't comment any further. Bias is an ego thing, our dreams lack that bias.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present