Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recurring dream ( happened in 2004)

I used to have this dream 6-10 times a month and it lasted for about 6 months.

It was always exactly the same except for the last time.

When the dream started I would be sitting in an oversized chair in a house full of people that I didn't recognize.I had what I could best describe as a sphere of awareness that was about a 10 foot radius( i could see and hear anyone in the sphere clearly. If anyone was outside of the sphere it was like looking through smoked glass and sounded like hearing a conversation through a wall). I would get up and walk down a hallway where I would come to a huge beautifully hand carved solid wooden door With an iron ring for a handle. I would try to resist opening the door but couldn't make my hand stop. As the door opened it was as if light couldn't go into the room. The hallway was lit but from the doorway on, no light. I would walk into the room even though I didn't want to. I would then collapse and not be able to see. Just seconds after that it felt as if I was moving extremely fast, it was unfathomably loud and all of my muscles were convulsing and bending me backward. When that stopped after what felt like an eternity I came to rest in what felt like a grassy medow ( I still couldn't see). It was sunny and warm. Then I would be picked up by something gigantic. Big enough that I fit in its palm. As it was lifting me up I would wake up with a start. This happened every time until the last occurrence.

The last time I had the dream everything was the same up to the point of walking through the hallway door. When I walked into the room this time I saw a glass vessel sink with gold fixtures and a mirror To the left of the door way. I stood in front of it and turned on the water and ran my hands through it for a while. I then looked up and into the mirror at my face. Then I collapsed and went through the process of coming to rest in the medow again. When the giant being picked me up this time it brought me to it mouth and spoke to me in what sounded like latin (I'm not sure though). When it spoke it sounded like a tape being played back at half speed And when I woke up the last time I felt an emence relief as if I knew it was the last time. The only thing I couldn't do was get to a pen before I forgot what it said.

Any ideas on what this may have been?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32/male/Terre haute indiana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: recurring dream ( happened in 2004)

Aaron,
I am working on your dream and should have a complete analysis by late tomorrow morning. I do have a question that may help in determining the path I need to take in proving a final interpretation. Do you have any obvious impulsive behavior tendencies?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Aaron,
As with many dreams I am sensing a certain probability to what the dream message is but not to the point I can be specific in what the exact message is. This is usual when analyzing dreams since dreams seldom paint a clear message. Let me pen what I sense and then you can see where it fits in your life.

The first part of a dream lays out what the dream is focusing. The dream is attempting to get you to understand the unconscious energies that affect your conscious life. This is what I sense the opening statement is from your dream.
There is an aspect or area of your life {sphere} where you either consciously limit others from entering/participating, or/and because of unconscious reasons you have no or limited control over the situation/circumstances {the over sized chair representing a need to take control of excessive actions that are unconsciously motivated}. The 'sphere' may point to certain characteristics you possess, conscious actions that are unconsciously motivated. It is the unconscious energies that you are not aware of that need your attention {looking through smoked glass which represents not consciously seeing the unconscious aspects}. This {along with language in other parts of the dream} is where I sense the possibility of possible compulsive behavior {or/and possible repetitive behavior}, conscious actions that are unconsciously motivated.

The hallway is the connection between conscious and unconscious {a need to bridge the two}. There is a barrier {door} or a limited ability to access unconscious contents {those that motivate conscious actions}, contents that would lead to self discovery and removal of the controlling unconscious forces. There is a problem with the ability {hand} to resist some aspect in your life. You are unable to see what the motivating energies are even although there may be a conscious awareness of your actions {you continue to repeat the actions despite knowing you shouldn't or they will fail}. You have no or little ability to control these actions {because they are unconsciously motivated}. These actions cause a 'collapse' which may point to an ability to trust your own judgement {resulting in continuous repeating the same mistakes}. These actions are 'convulsive' and when performed there is a rush {moving extremely fast}. Bending backwards may point to pleasure from your actions and when completed there are feelings where you appreciate your accomplishments. You get a huge lift from this. This again may point to compulsive behavior or traits.

The last dream may point to a conscious realization of the negatives associated with these actions. You may beginning to realize the result of your actions are harmful/damaging to your psyche/life. The realization the negative inner motivating energies are reflective in your conscious life {not knowing the unconscious motivators but consciously realizing the harmful effects of them}.
Note: There may have been recent waking experiences that brought this to a head where you had to confront the issues whether you wished to or not.

You have come to a point where the unconscious energies and your conscious response are giving rise to a need to end the actions you find pleasure in. And although there is this realization you have yet to put an end to your actions.

As for the unconscious motivators. This is where the real work is needed. They are embedded energies within your psyche that stem from early life experiences/influences that 'prompt' you to act in certain ways in your waking life {I won't say make you but the energies are strong enough the powerfully influence how you act}. Either that {being psychological} or there are neurobiological factors in play that contribute to the psychological aspects. Discovering what these are {through therapy} is likely the only way to overcome the unconscious issues that have control over aspects of your waking life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I may have been unclear about the point in which I was bending backward. It was very painfuL, as if my body was trying to ball itself up backward. Also I got the distinct feeling that the other entity was trying to communicate something important but could not because of the language barrier.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

I may have been unclear about the point in which I was bending backward. It was very painfuL, as if my body was trying to ball itself up backward. Also I got the distinct feeling that the other entity was trying to communicate something important but could not because of the language barrier.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present