Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dreams of illness

I have these reoccurring dreams of myself being sick. I want to share my last one, and then the one before that.
I dreamed that I don't fell well and have been sick since 6 months ago and starting to fell worst. I notice some black spots on my neck, many of them. By close look I could see what they are - tiny little beetles. They are under my skin and move all over my body. I researched and found out the name of that sickness (which I don't remember now, but I knew it in my dream)I went to see a doctor in a big hospital on top level. It is a woman. She ignore my spots and determine something far less serious, than what I knew I have. I ask for second opinion and talk to another female doctor . She asked me about my symptoms and looked carefully the bucks/bacteria under my skin ,then she look concern and tells me I am right and I need to stay in hospital for a month and have treatments for clearing the bugs out of mu body ,because they are under my skin but also inside my body in stomach and organs. I worry about my son ,how I will be separated from him for a month.
Then, together with that dream I saw the beetle (I found in real life, dead but preserve and took it to take photographs of it) being attack from ants. I turn its body over and millions of ants go out. I am frighten.

The other dream of illness I had 1 year ago. I dreamed that I visit my doctor and he looks at the content of my stomach under microscope and tells me that all my guts and stomach are full with microscopic bacteria and they are destructive. He shows me the image from the microscope and they look just like tiny beetles.

In real life I have recently develop inflammation of the stomach lining, which is gastritis ,but they did not found any bacterial causes. I don't know if they are connections with my dreams.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33/F/Tenneesse/US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: dreams of illness

Sylvia,
My sense is the ream is pointing to 'psychological' aspects that may be causing or contributing to your illness. The black spots on the neck could be pointing to a relationship between the mind/mental and the body/physical body {black is a common symbol for the unconscious}. Beetles can be symbolic of destructive influences that are at work in your waking life. Moving all over your body could point to the influence of stresses affecting the whole body. The hospital on the top level may also point to 'mental' aspects. The female doctor is {in one sense} you and the dream states 'you know what you have' {you know there are stresses}. Under the skin is a common phrase related to letting issues/pressures 'get under your skin'. The second opinion may be a second guessing since again it is a female doctor {you}. This may be adding to the stress which would require additional healing {hospital} to get rid of the 'bugs' {which can be symbolic of things that you are worried about}. These 'bugs' are not only under your skin but have spread all over your body {influencing the stomach and organs}. The worry about your son {are there issues that could cause stress related to him?} may point to stresses as well as real concerns to his well being if you should have to leave him.

Then there are the attacking ants. They may indicate that you are fed up with the way things are functioning around you, stresses that are bothering you. The body is can be representative of your state of health {mental as well as physical}. Turning the body over may be suggesting you need to change directions so there are less stresses in your life.

As for the other dream. The microscopic bacterial may point to issues that are magnified which will cause destructive disorders {psychological as well as physical}. Upon a closer inspection you see 'tiny' {but accumulative} destructive influences at work {tiny beetles}.

The dream does seem to point to mental aspects that are at least at work in your life. If you have deeper psychological issues then those too could add to the stresses. The only purely physical possibilities that may be contributing or causing your stomach disorder would be the 'bugs', as in a virus. But I do believe the dream is also pointing to mental aspects that are contributing to the problem {if not being the source}. Do you have a lot of stress in your life? We know that stress is a prime source of many physical disorders since it does contribute to the weakening of the immune system. Ponder this possibility and see if it could fit. Discuss the psychological possibilities with your doctor {is it a woman?}, especially if there is no other source found that could be the cause.

With that said we must also consider the mental aspects the dream is addressing could be the stress you are having because of the stomach ailment. This could be the sole focus of the dream. Future dreams may provide clarity but although this dream points to mental aspects it is not entirely clear to what extent. If you have a lot of stress in your life then that could very well be a contributing factor to the stomach disorder. If life is OK then look to the dream as pointing to the stress of having the disorder and not a strong contributing factor. The stress factor is important as to what the dream message is.

Consider this also. You live in Tennessee. That alone could turn your stomach.
Pun. I am from Nashville, born and reared, up until 2 1/2 years ago when I retired and moved to Florida.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Jerry,
First of all ,thank you for your interpretation of my dreams, I am agree there is stress in my life, also anger witch I feel in my stomach, I posted my son`s dream a week ago, don`t know if you make the connection. I also believe that most of the people have psychological issues, deep or not . I do see the bugs in the ~guts ~ PUN~ like courage, dare ,bravery , if you use these words in American English ,which (American or British is my second language).And what is that people think about Tennessee/

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33/F/Tenneesse/US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

Sylvia,
Tennessee is still considered by many as a 'backwards' state although it is quite the progressive state {or was}. That is it was until about 10-15 years ago when extremists on the political right began to undo the progressive measures and instituted laws that better fit in the 19th century than the 21st. God and guns, a particular god and unlimited guns is their motto. A John Wayne mentality that has no empathy for those who suffer as well as a pro growth agenda that cares nothing about how we treat the environment.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present