Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: May 8 - A Road Trip, A River, & Flying Blowfish

Kristin,
My analysis, "possible changes in your waking ego life and the pressures in making decisions about those. There are developing issues that could benefit your well being but there is hesitation. Part of the hesitation may due to similar experiences from your past that did not succeed" may be addressing the 'one dead end job after another' and thoughts about your present job. This would add to your feelings of a lack of confidence {along with your relationship with your mother}.

The lack of nurturing from your mother would be a strong stimulus for a lack of 'general' confidence and likely a reason for not finding a position in life {jobs as well as overall life}. Are there associations with your mother that have an influence on your not having children or is it you have been unable to have them? {or perhaps never in a long enough relationship?}.

As for the astrological sign. Often dreams use images to denote aspects about a dreamer's personality {although astrological associations would not be a usual one}. I referenced this to see if that might be a sign pointing to Virgo {August 22 - September 23, the 8th sign}. Looking back over the dream I can't find the reference that caused me to point to this {it may have been in reference to the symbolic meaning of an image}.

One part of the dream I suggest you look at and see if there are any emotional associations to it. The dream language to do with your classmate Anna. Is there any relevance to something that occurred 20 years ago? If so it may provide clues to the dream message beyond what we have discussed.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I think you nailed it - leaving my current job is something I want very much but I have so far lacked the confidence to really look for a new one.

I don't have children because I fell head over heels for a divorced father of 3 when I was 22 years old. He is unable to have more but when we met seemed open to the idea of looking into options later with me (vasectomy-reversal or adoption) but later changed his mind. I have had a very difficult time dealing with this as I want to stay married but have a nearly impossible time ignoring the desire for family and children.

I found it interesting that you saw something that made you think of Virgo. My husband and two closest friends are all Virgos.

As for Anna - funny thing, I changed the names of all my dream characters, leaving just the first letter the same for anonymity. But just realized I used my mother's actual name - Anna - as the fake name for my classmate.

'Anna' the classmate is someone I'm only in touch with through Facebook now. We were friends in high school but not super close. She has always fascinated me though. She is sort of the 'ultimate woman' in my mind. She does just what she wants but she loves her family, husband, and children fiercely. She is very involved in charity work meant to uplift and affirm other women. She traveled all over the world when she was younger (something I always wanted to do), she is stunningly beautiful, and has surrounded herself with close life-long female friendships. To sum up: she is everything I ever wanted to be and I admire her. In spite of only seeing her through Facebook and not thinking much about her in my waking life, she has popped up in my dreams quite often lately.

Thanks again for your comments!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 F, North Carolina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Kristin,
Seldom do dreams use names, locations, objects, numbers or other images that do not have meaning in the dreamer's life. Just as the dream is unconscious there can be unconscious associations to the dream images. Your issues with your mother could have been the reason {unconscious} for using her name for the high school classmate. She is everything you wanted to be and perhaps because of the mother issues you never were able to travel that path.

As for the astrological signs. There may be associations there also. Again I don't remember why I asked the question but it was probably something I felt fit with the emotional energies in your dream. I often have intuitive senses from an image that is not a part of the dream imagery {and usually fits}.

With your responses I do feel the dream is not only focused on the mother issues {you want to be a mother, a better one than your mother was} but also the internal conflict of not having your own children. It may be your strong desire to have your own children is to prove you would be a good mother, compensating for what was lacking in your childhood. Not a bad thing but understanding why you have these desires may help in dealing with them.

A note about dream analysis. Most every interpretation I give I only have the age and gender of the dreamer. Just imagine what can be gained when a trained analyst could provide when they know the complete history of the dreamer. Instead of having to spend untold hours by using standard methods trying to reach deep into the unconscious, our dreams are a direct link to the unconscious. Having the life history of the dreamer and taking what the dream has to offer it would take a lot less time in understanding what the issues are. Thus the reason Jung always insisted, 'let's get back to the dream' when engaging his patients in therapy.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present