Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ghost Lady

I arrive at my childhood friends house, which is run down and decrepit. He has recently had a child and I'm visiting to see his newborn as well as catch up and reminisce.

I step inside the house and there are flies everywhere, presumably due to cookie crumbs being everywhere. When I first get there the layout of the house is different from the rest of the dream. Its tight-knit and around the first corner of the house is a set of stairs, with dingy old frayed carpet, that lead up to a patio door to a roof/balcony. There is a half used (open) package of cookie dough sitting on a picnic table out there, as well as more cookie crumbs everywhere. When I get onto the roof/balcony another person from my elementary school days who my friend I were never friends with is randomly there as well. When I go back downstairs they are now old oak stairs and lead down to a room with no cookie crumbs and it seems much cleaner with hardwood floors now. At the bottom of the stairs there is an open room, and a door on the right hand side of the botom of the stairs. This is the room the Ghost Lady dwells in I believe. I turn around at the bottom of the stairs to go who knows where, and when I'm halfway through the room I'm grabbed by my ankle and it's a horrific looking Ghost Lady with an ominous, almost foggy looking face and her mouth is always wide open as if screaming but I don't recall a sound. She tries to drag me into the room at the bottom of the stairs, but my friends randomly show up out of nowhere and grab my arms, keeping her from pulling me into the room. This happens a few times with no apparent chain of events leading up to it, almost like a rerun at least from what I can remember.

Eventually we end up at a store a couple kilometers away from the house to pick up more cookie dough. They each have a car. I don't remember getting there, just remember being there waiting outside. Eventually my friend and random guy from school drive away in their cars and I'm left there, with a sense of dread consuming me. I start walking back. The landscape is very hilly, with a river spotted with random dead looking trees on my left side, and open fields on the right.

The house eventually is in view, and seemingly instantaneous and random, the kid from my elementary school is walking beside me. A large black lady pulls up and it seems that her and the school kid acquaintance know each other. He hops in the car with her, and as soon as he does the heavy set black lady transforms instantly into the ghost lady from my friends house. Her gaping mouth and twisted looking, gloomy face gives off tendrils of wispy, almost cloudy "stuff"... She drives away with the school kid screaming and that's the last I ever see of him.

I get back to the house and I end up back in the room with the stairs and Ghost Ladies door. I am walking always with my back to the door, and every time she grabs my ankle and tries to pull me into her room. These times it was me grabbing onto the bottom rail of the stairs, or the door frame which keeps me from getting dragged into the room so this Ghost lady can do who knows what to me.

I end up in my friends finished attic, where the baby crib is to go meet his little one. Walking through the main room in the attic we talk about the ghost, who he's apparently very aware of, and I ask him if the ghost ever bothers the baby. We reach the door to the back room where the baby is sleeping in her crib, and then it cuts suddenly to me being dragged by the Ghost lady again and this time I don't grab on to anything or have my friend grab my arms but before I'm dragged into the room I wake up.

I woke up feeling very frightened, and this stuck with me for about 30 minutes after I woke up. I am probably missing parts here and there for transitional periods of the dream but this is the way it happened to the best of my memory.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28/Male/Ontario Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Ghost Lady

Jessie,
I normally provide an analysis of posted dreams within 36 hours but because of a personal illness {serious} in my family {my white male cat} and my regular work day on Saturdays { I am retired} it will be Sunday before I will be able to examine your dream. And because it is along dream it will take some time to do a proper analysis and I have always believed when you do something do it right. Anything less goes against my religion {although there is no specific religion I follow}. I appreciate your patience.

I will state from taking a quick look at the opening of the dream my first impression is it is 'related' to childhood issues. The 'childhood friend' could be you with the friend be symbolic of aspects within your psyche. What was your childhood like?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Well other then my biological father leaving when I was a very young age (3-4) my childhood was great for the most part. My stepfather is my Dad and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

Recently my mom has been diagnosed with Crohns disease and is kind of weighing on my mind.

Other then that life is great.

I appreciate what you're doing here and there is no rush. I hope your cat is ok my friend.

Cheers.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28/Male/Ontario Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

Jesse,
I have had personal issues I am dealing with to do with the health of family members that has occupied my thoughts and that is the reason it took so long to focus on my dream work. At first glance I did see childhood associations {beyond the positive relationship with your stepfather} and have no doubt that is what the dream is attempting to communicate. The way the dream opens and unfolds fit with the pattern I know to be 'universal' when analyzing a dream. Exactly what the childhood issues are only you can know. But I have laid out a good possibility, one that may fit if indeed there are not any negative childhood experiences beyond that possibility.

Analysis
If indeed your childhood was indeed as good as you stated then this dream is addressing aspects of your childhood that have been rejected and hold strong emotional energies. Those would be something beyond the good childhood, something other than the positive relationship with your stepfather. The Ghost Lady would either be an actual female associated with your childhood, or she would symbolize anima/feminine qualities, rejected {Ghost} emotions {feminine aspects} to do with some other experience from childhood. One possibility of what that might be is the non relationship with your real father, a need to understand the whys and reasons your true father left you when you were so young. These could be unconscious desires at this stage in your life, desires that would likely become stronger later in life. Or they could be conscious desires you have given thought to {recently} but have pushed back into your unconscious. Here are some reasons this may be what the dream is about {desire to know more about your true father}. If there are not any 'Ghost Ladies' from your childhood {eliminate that possibility} then I would look to the biological father as the 'ghost emotions' symbolization.

The statement of a dream sets the stage for what the dream is attempting to communicated {dreams offer messages from the unconscious about the emotional conflicts in the dreamer's life}. The opening of your dream points to childhood experiences but one that is opposite your 'remembered' childhood with your stepfather. The childhood friend would represent aspects of your psyche, he is you with qualities or aspects you identify in him being the reason he is in the dream {what type home life did he come from, a broken home without a father perhaps?}. The child is you also, the newborn {very young child} that was abandoned/left so early in life. The child could also represent 'new' emotions that have come to conscious thought {all dream images have at least two meanings/representations}. The early years of your childhood, the natural desire to know about your true father would be what you in the dream would be ' catching up and reminiscing about'. That phrase could also {again the two meanings} represent recent thoughts about your true father {if that indeed is true}. The inner desire {and perhaps at the moment unconscious} to know and understand things about your true father would be what the dream is about. Look to this possibility if there are not any other childhood experiences where there would be 'dingy' and frayed carpet {emotions/aspects you have swept under the carpet} negative experiences {in dreams the house is you, symbolically}. The dream does state {in the early stages} the house {you} is different from the rest of the dream {from the rest of your childhood}. Eliminate the other possibilities and see if memories/desires about your true father would fit.

Otherwise there would be experiences from childhood you may have repressed and/or do not want to acknowledge. The emotional energies would be the Ghost Lady, the ghost representing the rejected aspects and the lady representing the strong emotions {she would symbolize anima/feminine qualities}. Instead of pointing to the positive childhood you had with a great stepfather, the dream is focused on lingering emotions {cookie crumbs} about childhood that are missing. My sense is those 'unconscious' crumbs could be your biological father, the natural inner desire to understand things about him you never knew. These would be rejected aspects because consciously {at this stage in your life and perhaps throughout your life} you do/did not want to think about/acknowledge them. But the deeper inner self does need to know and the Ghost Lady would be the emotions associated with that {trying to drag you into the room where those emotions are stored}.
Note: I had a similar experience in my life where my father left my mother and 4 children and never was a part of my life. Even today {at age 65} I still think about that and still possess strong emotions about it, even though it is an issue I reconciled long ago.

The room the Ghost Lady dwells in is the emotions to do with childhood experiences {the dream is quite explicit about this}. These emotions 'randomly show up out of nowhere' {the friends are aspects of you}. The dream states, "This happens a few times with no apparent chain of events leading up to it, almost like a rerun". These experiences from your past, your childhood {that never was with your true father????}.

The dream also briefly mentions your new home {with your stepfather?} but the 'kid from elementary school {look to those specific years to determine if there were negative experiences that may fit} is 'walking with you', the experiences from early childhood are still stamped on your unconscious {again, look at the actual childhood friend and determine what about his life fits in yours}. The black lady {black is a normal symbol for dark energies within the unconscious}, the dark emotions, turns into your Ghost Lady. The Ghost Lady from your friend's house would point to associations he and you share {the house would be those things he possesses that fit with you/your inner house}. And remember, because you do share aspect with this childhood friend, in the dream as a symbolic metaphor he is you {that is the meaning of a metaphor-the same thing}.

The last part of the dream points to the thinking process {friend's attic} and the topic is the 'new born' baby {old experiences as well as new recent thoughts about them?}. He/you are aware {unconsciously if not conscious} of these emotional energies {dreams are about emotional energies that are in conflict/unresolved}. The focus is harm to the baby {you} and the answer is 'these emotions are dragging you into that specific room {the experiences from childhood}.

Summary
Either there are emotions to do with negative experiences in your childhood you have repressed/ignored/forgotten this dream is pointing to or the dream is addressing issues to do with your biological father and his leaving you at an early age. We read about people who consciously in later in life make it a point to find their true parent{s}. For those who did not know/have a relationship with a biological parent {I am one} it would be an unconscious energy. Eliminate any other possibilities to negative childhood experiences and if there are none seriously entertain the possibility about your biological father.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Wow thank you so much for the detailed breakdown. When I woke up it seemed like just a random scary dream, but the aspects you manage to string together do seem to make sense.

I really appreciate you doing this.

Cheers

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28/M/Ontario

stats from 7-14-10 to the present