Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: High Symbolism

Anonymous,
Your exploring the occult and spiritualism in-depth could have a definite influence on your dreams. And it adds a new dimension to the possibilities, one of course I was not aware of and one that few people would be involved with. So there is a good possibility the dream is focusing on spiritual/metaphysical aspects, at least in one level. As I stated in my analysis all dreams have at least two meanings/applications {per Jung and what I find to be true in my own experiences in working with dreams}. Knowing of the personal experiences and taking those into consideration this dream does seem to have more than two, at least in some of the imagery/symbolism in the dream.

In looking at the dream summarily there is an unusual amount of reference to the deep unconscious in the images that could point to spiritual symbolism {dolphins/whales in particular}. And there is a direct reference to a 'dark spiritual presence', perhaps on one level a reference to the deeper and possibly still unknown/explored aspects of the collective unconscious {something where someone like you or me would be personally involved}. Another aspect {among the possibilities} to the dark spiritual could be the fear of engaging the shaman and trusting his intentions. 'Trusting it and relinquishing control' could be another reference to this aspect related to the shaman experience. Knowing of this personal experience {it is seldom I have access to personal info when I analyze a dream} would cause me to look at the dream in a different light, or at least consider the associations the images/symbols can hold in reference to the experiences.

With that said I would still definitely consider the possibilities of repressed emotional energies. In working with dreams I have found these type dreams almost always make a statement about deep unconscious energies where there is repressed or as yet acknowledged experiences from early life. I say this with confidence because the responses I get when I provide an analysis on these types dreams are nearly always positive {it fits the dreamer's life}. Usually when there are repressed energies in a posted dream the dreamer has already begun to realize something is amiss and often the reason they take the time to post a dream. When your batting average is .999 then you begin to believe you are interpreting the images properly {and have a good INTUITIVE understanding of Jungian psyche}.

Let me examine the dream in greater detail having the added info about your personal experiences into the occult/spiritualism. Although I do believe imagery like those in your dream would usually point to what I provided in my original analysis there are always exceptions. Especially when I encounter dreams where the dreamer is deeply involved with metaphysical energies. It will likely be Sunday before I will be able to thoroughly go over the dream. I have a very sick cat I am currently focused on and my mind isn't 'tuned in' to my dream work {I am a caretaker of many community/feral cats in my neighborhood}. Saturdays I give estimates for my son's fence construction business {a family business I started 37 years ago} and it is usually a 10-11 hours work day. The money I make from that endeavor goes to my community cats.

If there is any other info related to your work in metaphysics you wish to share that could help. Anything you feel comfortable in providing.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Ok Great!

I concur that your analysis was accurate. I had a rough childhood. No sexual abuse but I was on my own since the age of 12. So when I say I've self analyzed to see what may be repressed, I'm not saying that there isn't anything that I may be repressing, but I haven't been able to identify what has been repressed. I will give this more attention and effort. When you mention in your first response that the dream seemed to have spiritual aspects, that alerted me to the fact that I had asked for a sign, or communication to confirm if I should move forward prior to having the dream. Then I had the dream and you pointed out that possible aspect. And I had an inkling that the dream may be associated with that. So I wanted to know your opinion. Also I've had prior dreams that point to water creatures such as the seals, dolphins, whales, octopus, etc. The seals shape shifted into rabbits in the dream you just interpreted and I had a dream prior where octopus like humanoid shape shifted into an octopus. Thats a whole other dream however so I won't go into that to much so we don't get off track from this one. But I've recently have also came across research in this area of mythology.

I appreciate you taking the time to interpret the dream. Your service and site are very valuable. I've began some of Carl Yung's audio books as a result. Great stuff. I know there are no coincidences so I feel the dream also lead me to this site and this information. Its given me more insight into some other stuff I've been studying and has been helpful to my path.

On another note, I have also had a special connection to cats all my life. They've been like spiritual protectors to me. I think thats great that you dedicate time to that. I had a friend back in AZ. She did that work as well. I hope all goes well with the cat your currently taking care of and he/she returns to 100% health.

Have a good one.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/Male Kennesaw, GA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Anonymous,
I appreciate your being candid about the childhood issues. From my experience in working with dreams when images like those in your dream are present they almost always {if not always} point to deep emotional issues that are either repressed or have yet to be acknowledged. Caves, dark oceans, ocean creatures {oceans, seas are symbolic of the deep unconscious} are all images that point to the deep unconscious. Add a shadow element and you have enough symbolic images to verify something within the deep unconscious that has yet to come to the surface. Also the Phoenix, AZ terrain could symbolize 'barren' landscape which could be a commentary about your emotional self. Mountains on one level could represent large obstacles that need to be crossed, barriers within the unconscious that need to be overcome so the emotional contents can surface and be recognized.

On the positive side there is the resort/castle which could represent a breakthrough to the recognition of the unconscious contents {cave} via your spiritual endeavors. The spiritual search is an aspect of Jung's Individuation Process, the self analysis and coming to wholeness through an inner search. It is a part of the whole process of the inward journey and you have to delve deep into the unconscious {"I realized that if I didn’t go back through the cave, I would not grow in knowledge and would be stuck"} to achieve both the individual reconciliation of the psychological issues {that are repressed/not yet recognized} as well as the metaphysical/spiritual realizations that come with going 'inward' {the deep unconscious is like the deep oceans, so much that has yet to be discovered}.

Looking at your dream journey, when you come to the tall mountain and see the resort/castle, there are two actions that point to something out of balance {a function of dreams is to restore this balance}. One is the 'dark' spiritual presence which could point to two aspects. One could be a fear {darkness} of unconscious contents and the other your questioning yourself whether to trust the 'shaman'.
Note: Joseph Campbell says beware of the need to trust a shaman or a guru because the best you can do is to go as far as they have reached in their journey.

There is also in the dream the statement, "I wanted to acquire the knowledge that lied within it but was scared and ran". That could point to both aspects, one running away from the psychological contents that need to be acknowledged and the other running from trusting the shaman. The second, as far as pointing to whether the dream is giving instructions as to trust a shaman, has the language "knowledge that lied within". Although it may look out of context the words lied within may be saying to trust your intuitive instincts as whether to trust a shaman, the intuitive self recognizing any 'lies' that may come from such a person. It also would likely be a statement to look within yourself for the answers and not run from what you find. You have to 'head back' into the depths to make these discovers and confront your shadow. When you do this the shadow will no longer 'block out the sun' because you have removed those emotional energies that come from your early years in life, the foundations your personality and life are built from {ground}. A boost of confidence is the result of doing this and you will be able {on your own} to command an end to the 'darkness' to stop. Empowerment is self attained experience and not something someone else can provide.

There is no clear indication from the dream whether to trust a shaman {there is seldom is} but there does seem to be a clear direction as how to proceed. As always it is a self search, going inward and doing the work that needs to be done. Campbell also stated it is OK to have teachers in your journey but ultimately it is the person who must shoulder the work.

As for any 'metaphysical' aspects that may be the central theme of the dream, with your response there were issues in childhood, and again looking at the dream, I don't believe that to be central. Secondary, very possible since you have explored the occult/spiritualism. But realities are always primary because the psyche is human and the controlling agents are psychological. Occultism and spiritualism can provide great knowledge but they alone are not the answer. The primary issues are from the foundations laid in childhood and whatever else there is can only be attained by removing those barriers. There is a castle in the clouds but it must be reached by climbing out of the depths of whatever the psychological issues are.

On a personal note. My path was through dreams and my web sites but the ultimate realizations that brought me to balance was recognizing the childhood issues that were the motivators in my early to midlife adulthood {3 failed marriages}. I was seeking to fill a void from not having a loving, caring father and in my actions as an adult I ended up 'imitating' him in how I reacted to relationships. Like him with the pressures became too much I 'ran'. By breaking those patterns I became the person I should have been.

In closing a comment about cats. I am a very strong believer in the feminine aspect as the superior aspect within the psyche. Cats are the feminine power and they are very mysterious and independent. The only problem is we become so attached and from Buddhism we know that attachments are what create the emotional issues in life. But what do you do when the world is so full of sorrow {first Buddhist saying is 'life is sorrowful'} and the will is weak? I see my 'attachments' as a calling and not to answer that would cause even greater sorrows. You do all you can do and hope that the Great Spirit will help with the rest.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present