Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Crack in the Foundation

Wonderfeather,
What I get from the dream is you are consciously pursuing your journey for balance {bike} but something has caused an interruption in your path {park it}. You are working toward your goals {walking} but there is an inability to find your proper place {parking lot/road}. There is a 'separation' of conscious and unconscious aspects in clearly understanding your path {crack in pavement}. The woman below would be the unconscious self, the separate part from your conscious self. Emotional state of mind is a part of the problem water down below}. You sometimes may feel you are losing sight of your true self and have to look deeper into yourself for answers. You have yet to fully recognize this other you, your true self {other woman/don't see her face}. Or it could be you have discovered important aspects but have yet to bring them to full consciousness {don't see her face}. There is a vague understanding/recognition but consciously you may be trying to hard in achieving the balance you seek {worried about her}. You have invested all your energies in exploring the unconscious and may be missing how it should apply to your conscious life belongings being pushed deeper into the hole}.

On another level there may be emotional aspects that have interrupted your journey in finding balance and your true identity. Are there any recent experiences, other than the unconscious aspects I have mentioned above, that have interrupted your attempts to discover your true self? Could have to do with finding your true purpose in life.

As for your comments about 'foundations', are there any emotional issues you believe have yet to fully surface that could contribute to discovering your true self? I assume you see the crack in the pavement as a symbol for your foundations {early life experiences/influences}. All dreams have at least two meanings/applications and this dream could be addressing your seeking wholeness in your conscious life as well as your exploring the deeper depths of the unconscious in discovering that person within {your true self}. If there are issues with foundations it may be those that have prevented you from finding the wholeness you seek. This is not usual, in fact it is the norm. In my journey it wasn't until I discovered the motivators to how I lived my early life {childhood issues} that I was able to find my true calling {dream work/web sites}. This is what the hero/heroine path is about. Those barriers from our foundations are what must be discovered and overcome. In the process of exploring the hero journey we discover the emotional issues and vice versa. One has everything to do with the other. The separation of conscious and unconscious, the crack, must be filled with understanding of the motivators as well as the metaphysical aspects {exploring the unconscious by finding our true purpose/meaning. As Joseph Campbell put it,

"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive."

We can only find the rapture after we discover what the motivators are {the early life experiences/influences that motivate our personality and actions in adulthood}. True meaning usually is found in finding our bliss, the creative self or that thing in life that the soul wishes for and not what the ego dictates.

'Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.'
Joseph Campbell

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry, thank you so much for your deep interpretation of my dream. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and insights with me.

You’re right. I am consciously trying to achieve balance and I do sometimes feel I lose sight of my true self and have to look deeper for answers. I have discovered important aspects but have yet to bring them to full consciousness.
You’re also right that I have invested much of my energies in exploring the unconscious. I sometimes have trouble assimilating what has been uncovered and fully integrating my innermost reality with my day to day life experiences.

Yes, I do think that there are childhood/early life experiences that have prevented me from fully understanding my true identity and from finding wholeness. I also feel that there are issues that have yet to fully surface that could contribute to this understanding.

You mentioned that the separation of conscious and unconscious, the crack, must be filled with understanding of the motivators as well as the metaphysical aspects. You said that it is important to discover what the motivators are {the early life experiences/influences that motivate our personality and actions in adulthood}. This makes so much sense to me. I suppose this is one reason why a person would choose to go to a therapist and enter Analysis. This is something I have thought of doing many times. Even though I feel like I’ve done a lot of work to understand myself, there is still so much that is unknown, not understood and not integrated. Although dream analysis is helpful, it has not yet helped me to fully uncover the motivators that you speak of.

Thank you for sharing the Joseph Campbell quote. This is exactly how I feel at this moment…I am seeking an experience of being alive, so that my life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance within my own innermost being and reality, so that I can actually feel the rapture of being alive!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44/Female. VA./USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Wonderfeather,
Your name suggests possible Native American interests. Joseph Campbell is a great teacher not only in Native American mythology but also Jungian psyche. It was under his guidance {via his many works} I was able to begin my journey to wholeness as well as discover my intuitive Jungian mind {and the ability to interpret dreams}. His wisdom is beyond measure. But his ability to simply Jungian concepts is probably as important. You may want o read more about his books, lectures and other works. He takes you to the depths of the soul using myth, symbol and metaphor {all related to dreams}. here is my page on Campbell that will help in accessing his works.
Joseph Campbell

A fact about Joseph Campbell. George Lucas' Star Wars Trilogy is based on Campbell's Monomyth. Lucas was a student of Campbell and much of Campbell's The Power of Myth was filmed at Lucas' Skywalker ranch. It was The Power of Myth that turned my life from no direction to finding my true self spiritually and psychologically.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present