Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Selling my Clothes/Choosing a Cemetary Plot

Jackie,
I'll provide further comment and take a look at the first dream later this morning {tentatively. My cat is in his last days}. But i do believe the second dream is going deeper into the issues of 'trust', especially in men. Are there reasons/experiences from early life that would provoke such feelings? The dream seems to be pointing to something that needs to be buried/put to rest {cemetery plots} or/and that is buried within your unconscious due the emotional energies they possess. I say or/and because it could be both, those experiences that are buried within your unconscious {something negative that occurred earlier in life} that needs to be acknowledged and 'laid to rest'. There is a shadow, masculine figure {which could point to an actual male although a shadow symbol is usually one of the same sex}. Let me look at the first dream and see what it might have to say about these cemetery plots and shadowy male presence.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jackie,
I apologize for taking so long in providing an analysis of your second dream. I have been working on it but with my mind elsewhere {my sick cat} I don't want to rush my interpretation. From the images/actions in the dream I do sense there are negative energies where emotionally you are letting the masculine aspects overpower your higher qualities. Translation of that could suggest there were male persons in early at least {perhaps wholly} responsible for your lack of trust in men. I also read these 'masculine' aspects are unconscious controlling agents in your psyche.
Note: clothes are a common symbol for your personality, how you are perceived as well as how you perceive yourself.

I also am getting vibes there are issues to do with self esteem or/and self worth. If so those issues would be related to the 'masculine' energies that are motivators in your psyche. Unconsciously they would be controlling agents in your conscious life, a possibility for the distrust in men {which would stem from early life experiences with a man or men}.

Let me finish my analysis and put it all together. The distrust of men seems to be a prime issue in this dream as well as the second dream {the shadowy masculine}.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Jackie,
I finally finished my analysis of your second dream and as I stated previously the message is a continuation of the first dream.That message seems to be bout early life foundations that has affected your personality/psyche, experiences that have to do with a masculine aspect. I sense the prime candidate for who fits that role is a male who not only influenced your life but possibly your sister's and mother's {they were helping you move the clothes {your persona/outer ego self} from hangers {what you have based/hung your personality on, experiences/influences from early life}. What was the relationship with your father like? I sense possible repression of these 'clothing items' and a need to acknowledge the issues to help resolve personality issues from those experiences. Are there self esteem issues, issues of self worth due to perhaps a controlling father who never let you be who you really are? Both dreams point to this strong possibility. These issues likely are partly the reason you are in need of getting your life in order. The early life experiences/influences would be unconscious motivators for your personality and inability to trust men. Mistrust of men {or anything for that matter} just doesn't happen. There are reasons and often they are unconscious, energies beneath the surface you are not aware of. Ponder what I have offered and see if it fits. There is definitely something from in your 'clothing' that has affected you ability to be as progressive and make the achievements in life you desire.

One last comment. Because the shadow {your shadowy figure} is normally a person of the same sex of the dreamer, the 'someone else in the room' could be a female and the masculine could point to your animus {your masculine qualities}, a lack of masculine qualities. The person who is responsible for the deficiencies to wholeness in your adult life could be female.

Jerry

I think I can see what you are saying. I am trying to piece this together. "Controlling" isn't the word I would use, but repressive (in a sense, but not entirely) is probably more fitting. This is something both of my parents take part in. They are both highly repressed/repressive people. Added to that, my mom grew up in an abusive household so as a result, she always raised us to be afraid of my dad (there was a lot of transference) which as an adult I while see to be without merit, I also understand how her mindset was framed...but I do also see how this impacts me today.

I am going to turn this around in my mind some more. Thank you for the interpretation...I really appreciate it!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Jackie,
Here are my thoughts to your last response. I can see where the dream language from your original post, the last paragraph that reads, "There was someone else in the room with us, but I did not see them other than in my peripheral vision. It was masculine, shadowy" is your father. You state in your response, "my mom grew up in an abusive household so as a result, she always raised us to be afraid of my dad". The 'shadowy' masculine would naturally point to your father. Your mother's personality was 'limited' {not allowed to blossom as it should} because of her abusive childhood and the same would be true for you {an atmosphere where everyone was in fear of your father}. It is not only how her mindset was framed, it was how your was also. This is the clear message I got from your second dream where I stated, "This dream looks to be addressing issues of a need to put an end to some aspect of yourself that stems from early life foundations that supports your personality and who you are {flooring}". This is what both dreams point to.

As for mindset, that begins in the womb believe it or not and extends throughout early childhood. We now know that personality is formed by the age of nine and the majority of the foundations that personality is built is achieved by age 3. Growing up in an environment where there is a fear of the father naturally would contribute to the foundations. Those experiences/influences are imprinted on the psyche. Just as in the animal world {we are human animals} have imprinting from imitating their parents, the young minds of children also are greatly influenced by the world around them. It has been shown that many species of animals will follow the first form deemed as 'parent' when they are born which suggest the original mind sees the world around them as the prime governing influence. When a child sees the mother being abused, or is abused themself, that is imprinted on the brain and becomes a structured influenced and motivator in future life. Such experiences would also be a reason 'not to trust men overall', the overall experience in childhood {there were positive aspects as well no doubt} being the motivator for such attitudes. Much of Jungian psyche is 'common sense', it only makes sense that our animal instincts which are designed by nature are influenced if not comforts to the world around us {and then there are the natural archetypal structures within the psyche}.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present