Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exquisite banquet

Hello,

My dream is in two parts. I think I get the first part but could you help me interpret the second one ?

Part one :
I'm in the attic of my parents house. The attic is not habitable in real, there it is but not finished. Now for the crude part sorry...
I need to use the toilets, my stomach hurt. When I look down in the bowl it is clogged, I see a lot of **** everywhere on the floor. I realise that even if it isn't mine I have to clean everything, no choice. So I take it and put it back in the toilets (closing my eyes). After the room is cleaned there are children in the attic. An older girl, a sneaky one looks at me. Then they go down the walls. I'm surprised. I look and see a small gap between the walls, they use the wooden structure as a ladder. They come back and I start yelling at them for the mess. I see a shy little boy, I don't why but I know he is crapping himself when stressed or something and I feel compassion for him.

Part two :
I'm still in the attic, it looks finished and it is bigger. A long table is set with guests all seated. I'm in the middle of it, sitting next to a girl. She is tall and thin, brown haired. A bit like me but female. People are blurry, I remember that they just seem busy eating their food.
I look at my plate and I'm very surprised again when I see the food in it. Unlike for the guests my vision is clear here. In my plate, the meat is a big pair of balls of a dark blue colour. I can't eat that! I feel the discomfort of being a picky eater in front of the other guests, particularly the girl. I tell myself usually I'm not difficult with food. The vegetables are weird also, they look like berries. I taste them, sweet but I know that's not a food for me. It will make me sick. Then I see that the girl isn't eating her food. I ask her if she doesn't like it. She don't. I feel relieved and tell my own discomfort with the food.

I think I get the first part. It is related to yesterday. I got home to my parents house after a week at my place. They have difficult life situations right now. I understand it but when my mother tells me what she thinks of it she passes me of lot of stress (like when I was a kid), she is aggressive if I try to slow her down.
Cleaning the **** for me means cleaning the emotions left after that.
The children are responsible for the emotions. They go in the structure of the house, in my own mental structure.
One of them is what I call the little me, (the shy one). It depicts my life right now.
The food related issues doesn't surprise me. I have chronic digestive issues and it is know that emotions play a large role in it.
The second part I can't really understand what it mean. The special content of the plate, very clear contrary to the rest of the scene. I don't get it.

Thanks in advance for your help. Also don't hesitate to ask for clearer explanations if you need. English isn't my primary language, I do my best.

Cheers

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 Male France

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Exquisite banquet

merkito,
You most likely do know the message of the first dream. I have broken it down by image {symbols} so you can see what I get from the dream. Parental issues beyond just your recent visit. Possible clue to the second dream. It begins pointing to the same issues {still in the attic}. I am working on the second dream and will have an analysis today.

attic-thinking aspects
parents house-relationship with parents
not habitable- not a good relationship

use toilets-release of emotions or getting rid of something in your life that is useless
stomach hurts- can no longer tolerate or put up with a particular situation
clogged toilet-holding in and keeping your feelings to yourself
feces-aspects that are dirty/negative and which you believe to be undesirable and repulsive
close eyes-repression/ignoring issues
floor-support system/childhood foundations
put back into toilets-repressing/ignoring issues
cleaned room-removing aspects to do with specific issues/childhood
children in attic-childhood issues
older girl-anima/feminine qualities, possibly older/past emotions
sneaky one-deceitful/devious
going down- headed toward the wrong direction
walls-limitations, obstacles and boundaries
gap between walls-opening to unconscious contents
wooden structure-how your life is structured/unconscious behavior
ladder-connection between unconscious and conscious self
yelling at them for mess-repressed anger that need to be expressed
shy little boy-you
crapping himself-inability to control actions {due to childhood foundations}

Additional info on first dream. Your foundations from childhood {floor} are the building blocks for your personality and actions as an adult. What you experienced as a child will be unconscious motivators as an adult. If you take what I have provided in my analysis you should see reasons for who you are and how to feel and act as an adult. These issues need to be fully examined and then resolved. If they are not they will continue to have control in your conscious life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Hello,

Thanks a lot. I had linked this first dream to the day before. As I said I got back to my parents' and then felt anxious, exhausted. They unloaded a lot of their problems on me that day and that was too much.
It reflect a lot on my past. The way you put it describe it best.
I talked of all this with a therapist and I remember a lot of things from my childhood but I'm surprised by this :

> "close eyes-repression/ignoring issues"

I thought it was clear for me, that I know my issues as I live with them everyday. So I wonder what is my blind spot.

> shy little boy-you crapping himself-inability to control actions {due to childhood foundations}"
That's the hard truth.

> These issues need to be fully examined and then resolved.

What do you mean by resolved ? how ?

I can't wait to read your interpretation of the second part. I have no clues for it.

Thanks a lot

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

merkito,
I didn't point out in my analysis of the first dream that the opening statement/paragraph{s} usually set the stage for what the dream is attempting to communicate. This dream seems to be addressing the same issues as the first dream.
Here is a breakdown of the images/actions/symbols and the pattern flow I get from them.

-still in attic-still in the same 'mental' mode, likely to do with parents/childhood, possibly other aspects {mental fits better than the word thinking I use in the first dream analysis}
-finished and bigger-you have grown and as has the emotional issues {have become unconscious motivators for personality}
-long table that is set- those 'fixed' qualities to do with ego/family respects. The issues have a long emotional history
-guests seated-organized emotions/complexes
-vision clear-unconsciously if not consciously known
-middle-central emotions
-tall, thin, brown haired girl-controlling unconscious emotional attitudes that define your personality {do you tend to overlook things or procrastinate?}. Also may fit someone you know, your anima/feminine aspects if it fits you {a bit like me but female}
-busy but blurry people eating food-hidden {unconscious} aspects that provides nourishment/motivators for your personality/attitudes

-plate with food-still have yet to resolve the issues {you state in your response you are in therapy}
-clear to you {your true unconscious self} but not the guests {your conscious self, the 'organized' motivating attitudes/traits/personality formed from early life/childhood experiences/influences}
-meat a pair of balls dark color-unconscious aspects that support your mental attitudes which need to be understood/realized to achieve wholeness-resolve emotional issues. may be pointing to subconscious/conscious aspects you have realized/knowledge of through therapy {dark color}
-can't eat that-haven't realized/repressed full extent of issues
-picky eater front of other guests-only some of the unconscious aspects/issues consciously realized/understood/acknowledged
-particularly the girl-your anima/emotional self
-tell myself-telling oneself through therapy about unconscious aspects/issues
-vegetables that look like berries-lacking foundations that provides nourishment for true self-unresolved issues about the true self {the unconscious dream shows the true self absent the conscious ego bias}
sweet but not food-I sense this may point to repression of some type. and/or a lack of total understanding/not fully known {of emotional issues|
-make me sick-mental/psychological imbalance
-girl not eating her food-not accepting/fully realizing the issues because of emotional pain
-doesn't let food-repression/inability to acknowledge issues/not fully aware of all issues
-tell own discomfort with food-making conscious the lack of nourishment that causes emotional issues {beginning in childhood, experiences/influences}.

When I analyze dreams I look for a developing pattern{s} that are symbolic metaphors for the dreamer's emotional life. I not only look for patterns but patterns that fit together, gives a flow to the actions that ultimately makes a discernible statement. I sense this dream is addressing the issues already discussed from the first dream {childhood issues with parents}. It seems to be acknowledging the therapy you have undertaking but points to not fully knowing/understanding the strength of these issues as it has to do with personality and as unconscious motivators for your conscious life. There are 'hints' of repression but those may merely be pointing to a lack of full understanding of the issues. If so the message may be there is more work to be done.

The lack of understanding/not fully realized aspects of your therapy would go to your question about issues that need to be fully examined and resolved. One can know what the issues are {parental} but resolving those issues takes more work and understanding. It may also point to a lack of full understanding of the unconscious energies these issues possess, how they have help form your personality and the extent of their ability as motivators of conscious actions. This may be one of the primary message the dream is attempting to communicate, that and pointing to parental issues in childhood {and beyond?}. You have gone through therapy but there is more work to be done.

To elaborate on the issues that need to be resolved. In my 'self therapy' using Jung's Individuation Process {self psychology}, it took a lot of time to realize there were unconscious issues and the motivators in my life {like yours mine were to do with parent/father as a child}. Once that was discovered I began the process of fully understanding the energies and how they affected my conscious life. I had 'father' issues but until I realized much of what I was doing was imitating his actions {but not those as a father to my son}. Trying to replace the never received emotional nourishment, love and acceptance by looking in all the wrong places and substituting it with the wrong actions {looking for love in all the wrong places}. Once I did understand the energies and the powerful influence it had over my conscious life, I was able to end that influence and its control.

How long have you taking therapy and where do you think you are in the process? The dream does seem to be stating there is more work to be done. And possible repressing/ignoring some of the emotional issues.

Jerry

I'm still in therapy. I think made a big step in discovering all those issues but I still have a lot to process.
I only start to trust myself, accepting my issues without blaming myself for it. It's a step but now I need to resolve them.
I think I accept my issues, the girl face the same problem and I'm relieved by that.
But I still need to deal with what's in the plate. The balls are an obvious message for me.
It talks about masculinity. First I say no I can't eat that but now I'll start to integrate it I think.
I've been dreaming about men coming in my house in a dream a few days after this one.
I was intimidated but happy to see them.

merkito,
The recent dreams about men coming into your house and being happy to see them could reflect progress. Instead of the 'emotional' feminine {actually the feminine aspect is superior to the masculine} there are now men which could represent strength. Post other future dreams after more time in therapy and they should reflect where you are.

Jerry

Hello,
Sure that's interesting.
Ok I will post another dream in the future to see how the themes in my dreams are evolving.

Thanks a lot for your time

stats from 7-14-10 to the present