Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Issues with Defecating

First of all, thank you so much for your sensitivity and willingness to help me and all the others who are trying to explore this realm.

Much of what you said resonated. I just completed a week long fast. I usually fast twice a year as a way to heal my body and clean out some of the emotional baggage and outdated thought processes that don't serve me. The fast tends to precipitate reexamining issues that can make their way to the back burner while my "real life" proceeds at its usual pace.

Anyway, during the fast I had been reading "Memories, Dreams, and Reflexions" and I really sensed Jung's sincerity and compassion towards his own conflicted self and all of his patients. So I thought about my reoccurring dream and decided to look for someone who might be able to shed light on what's going on.

So many of your suggestions seem right on, getting closure and resolving emotional conflicts, and cleansing are all themes in my life. But I don't understand what kind of actions I can take to resolve the issue other than continuing to ask guidance from dreams? In Jung's book it seems that the dreams often provide clues and cues. But what am I avoiding?

At this point I have no conscious recollection of any past trauma that could have prompted such feelings of anxiety, shame, guilt, and embarrassment. I'm not aware of having any compulsions, and I don't have any clue as to what I am or could be repressing.

I have spent the last 5 years reinventing myself after breaking away from the identity my family or societal condition told me I "should" be. Today I'm a very happy and fulfilled individual and I have meaningful relationships with my nuclear family and friends. I have meaningful romantic relationships. I focus most of my free time on creative expression through music and dance, and have a strong affinity and connection to nature. I'm financially independent and live within my means.

I also focus a big part of my energy on my inner world, I don't overthink my decisions and trust that things will work out. I don't rush myself into things that don't feel right. I spend time sitting quietly with myself everyday and I honor, validate, and give room for any of my emotions to come up.

What am I missing and what are some concrete steps I can take towards resolution? Will the dreams suggest potential solutions or just give hints?

Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32/Male Canada (but I'm nomadic, don't have a permanent home base)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Issues with Defecating

Anicha,
I'll provide a detailed response either later today or in the morning. I do appreciate your response. All dreams are learning tools and provide deeper insights to how dreams function as well as how the deeper psyche uses symbolic images/actions in showing the true person and their true emotions. No two people are the same and the images in dreams can have different meanings/applications. What a response does is allows us to see how this works. But just as important it allows the dreamer to see deeper into their own self and see what is really there. Where as the waking ego has a bias view of the world {and the person}, the dreams is pure truth. Knowing what is really inside will allow the dreamer to evaluate their life and make appropriate changes where needed. Many issue are known consciously but the unconscious aspects, especially the motivators that often control the conscious life, are not. Dreams are tools for healing, revealing what ism out of balance and in many instances why. Knowing these things will allow the dreamer to change what is out of balance and by doing that bring about harmony and a more happy and productive life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present