Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To Kill A rabbit

ive never really thought about dreams other than I have a lot of them. The guy I have recently been seeing is into this sort of thing and kindly pointed it out to me that not everyone can remember dreams or control them. Sometimes I control them and sometimes I cant, I guess this comes from practice. I have always been connected spiritually and been told often enough that I have abilities and I just need to tap into them. I have never really taken them seriously until now.

Animals are a big part of my dreams because my life literally revolves around them. I have a reoccurring dream (although ive not had this in a while), its me owning these hamsters in this cage (they make me happy) but i wake up one morning and realise ive forgot to feed them and when I go check on them they are all emaciated (some still alive but bearely breathing and the others dead) This dream really haunts me because I would never do anything like this.

Back to the dreamm in question, I have been known to find it hard to let people in and recently ive been questioning my sexual capabilities because i havent been close to someone like that since my ex. He kind of exploited my sexual nature a bit and Ive lost that courage a bit. I am a highly sexual person being a scorpio but Its difficult letting someone back in like that so I can understand the repressed feelings.

This new love interest I have, Huge Spiritual and sexual connection and he was the one in the dream that I could not keep my hands off but it ended quite abruptly and I could have kept the dream going but I didn't.

The incident with the rabbit was pure guilt, The guilt for twisting its neck and the sadness that it was suffering and me trying to put it out of its misery by twisting its neck even more. Such an odd thing for me to have in my dream.

The dream I had this morning again with animals, It was in a hospital setting and there were these animals inside this pen and I kept going to see them but i really wanted to look at them but my friend was in charge and i didnt want to ask if I could. so I was going back and forth. Then my friend decided to be sick all over my uniform so I went back to get changed only the other top I had also had sick on it and i could actually smell the sick so I had nothing to wear. The dream soon faded out at this point. There was more to the dream before that but I cant quite remember :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 female from leeds

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

natalie,
I've got my grove back and will provide my thoughts to your response and what I believe to be the message of the dream.

What I was sensing from the dream but could not put into place {as far as a continuous flow of patterns that completed a meaningful scenario} was the sexual aspects. Only the dreamer can know for sure what exactly the specific issues are {questioning your sexual capabilities}, a good dream analyst can at best present a periphery view of the possibilities. Not that the sexual aspects did speak up, they did with the dream language 'uncontrollable sexual energy came over me'. But often such language has little to do with literal sexuality, it represents a merging or coming together of opposite aspects within the dreamer. As usual it does both in your dream, the merging I could see and understand but the actual sexual issues I could not. Looking back over the symbols and my interpretation of them we can now see where they fit. The issue of sexual capability issues stands out clear in the symbology. There are emotional issues {one being sexual} that are out of balance {slanted} that does not allow you to progress normally {not walking straight}. The sexual issue is a psychological issue {upstairs-mental aspects}. As is the other issues I will address later.

But that is but one of the issues the dream is trying to communicate. Another is your being a 'highly sexual person' . Writing it off as simply being a Scorpio won't do, there are deeper issues involved and that involves the rabbit. This issue goes back to the 'innocent victim' interpretation and would underlie {be a motivator} for your being a sexual person. It is one aspect of my analysis you did not address in your response, those early life experiences that have shaped your psyche, your personality and are at least if not wholly the reason you are a sexual person. This is where the innocent victim would become involved, you as a child and experiences {physical abuse} that took away your innocence or negative experiences. The rabbit represents the innocence you lost and because as a child such experiences do leave great guilt, your wringing the rabbit's neck would be a metaphor for those feelings. You are wringing the unconscious connection {neck} to conscious experiences as a child. The guilt is real but you are not the guilty person. The person {masculine?} who took it away is and because it was likely a person of authority who we would not think would do such things, the guilt is transferred onto you {as a child} and still lives within your psyche {thought killed but still alive}. The issue that needs to be addressed is the early life experiences, the innocence lost and the person {masculine} responsible for it. This has affected you sexually, the possibility you are a sexual person because you are looking for love in all the wrong places {this was my experience as a young adult, the result of childhood experiences}. Although this kind of sexual drive could be neurological {altered levels of important brain chemicals such as dopamine and serotonin} your dream points to something more sinister with the rabbit/innocent victim image {the rabbit image can also be a symbol for sexual activity}. I believe this is the primary message of the dream, that and the possibility of repressing these experiences or a need to examine any childhood experiences but a reluctance to do so because of the emotional pain they caused {the result being the rabbit/innocent victim which was/is you}. The guilt is primarily from those early experiences but could also be from sexual activity in your adult life that has caused guilt.

The dream you penned in your response about animals in a pen is significant. Animals often symbolize different instincts with each animal having a specific meaning. A rabbit being symbolic of the innocent victim would be touching on instincts as a child of something being wrong in experiences you had but not knowing {as a child} what it was that was wrong. You naturally felt guilt although you did not know why {the innocence of a child}. The hospital is place for inner healing {psychological} for what is 'penned up' within you. You 'want to look' but a protective aspect within your psyche {the friend in charge} will not allow you to do so because of the emotional pain. This friend would be an aspect of yourself in one application but could also point to another aspect {something that would require further examination and more detailed information about your life}. The sickness could be the sexual attitudes you possess with the uniform representing conforming to sexual ideas that are responsible for these attitudes {this would be one application}. The original uniform, the origins/early life experiences of who you are has affected/made sick the second uniform {sexual attitudes as an adult}. These aspects need to be 'exposed' {nude/nothing to wear} so you can confront the deeper issues and begin the healing process {hospital setting} that will allow you to be free of the controlling/motivating energies. What is positive about this dream is you are 'wanting to look' at these unconscious issues {penned animals}, a progression that is the norm when a person begins to look inward and discovers their true self {the true underlying reasons for personality and actions}.

Summary
What childhood issues are there that need to be acknowledged? {you do not need to provide any information you feel uncomfortable with}. I think this is the primary intent of the dream, to get you to 'look' at these issues so you can understand why you are who you are and the motivating energies that cause you to be that person. The issues in your life are not due to happenstance {being a Scorpio} but have underlying reasons/issues for them. The dream as a tool from nature to help bring about healing to the psyche is attempting to get you to do this. By examining the underlying reasons and resolving those issue you will also be able to heal the 'second uniform' you wear as an adult wishing for a normal relationship {sexual as well as overall}. One cause the other and healing the one will bring about healing for both.

A final comment. The fear of being exploited is a central issue. That too would go back to childhood/early life experiences {I take it was childhood these experiences occurred but it could have been later in adolescence/teen years}. The underlying energies to do with the nearly experiences are why you have issues with being exploited as an adult. Opening up to what occurred early in life, acknowledging it happened and realizing you were the victim and not the guilty party, these are issues that need to be resolved if you wish to live a whole and balanced life {slanted as it is now}. Much of this is common sense stuff {the environment you grow up in leaves an imprinting and naturally influences who you become}. What is not so common sense is the notion there are these unconscious energies that exist, and how to deal with them and resolve them. Your dreams are speaking about this every night.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Wow that is a lot to respond too ☺️😊. Ok so I can't really remember my childhood that well, maybe there's a reason for that! It's very strange you mention abuse because my sister and brother went through it but I didn't and I can't say my childhood was traumatic. My brothers and sisters looked after me well. There's only certain parts of my childhood that I can remember and it's just snippets. I think a big event for me was about 4 years ago, I was dating a guy for about 3 years on an off but it
Was very messy. Basically he didn't tell me he had a girlfriend and kids and it just dragged on when I found out and it became just about the sexual aspect of the relationship.. It was quite a big time in my life for grief. It's only recently that I've started to let someone else in and funnily enough it's the time I started to lucid dream again. Lately I've just been sleeping and not taking notice of my dreams but recently they have been a bit weird.

Just some bits about the dreams. I work in a hospital and th uniform in the dream is what I wear for work 😊.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 female leeds

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Natalie,
No doubt your recent relationship is a part of the emotional energies in your dreams {those are difficult to address unless I know a lot more about your personal life}. It is the underlying experiences I sense in the dream that need your attention. My question about your brother and sister's abusive experiences would be how were your not affected? Could it be you were too young {when did this abuse occur and why and how did it end-if you were not affected then it must have had an end here you were removed from the environment of abuse}. Could you have repressed experiences involving abuse? Those experiences would have caused emotional energies that would have been stored within your psyche, experiences where the energies would be motivators for personality traits {such as your fear of being exploited}. You state you remember little about your childhood and that may because you have repressed those memories {after the age of four when memories first begin in childhood}. Talk to your sister and brother and see what issues there may be that could be affecting your life as an adult.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present