Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Repetitive dream - out of control house

Hi there, I have been having this repetitive dream for years now and would love your opinion of what the meaning behind it may be.
Whilst in these dreams the location may change.. the subject and feelings are always the same.

I dream that I am house sitting someones/a friends home(s) (they tend to be rather lavish) I am aware in the dream of the incredible responsibility I have to ensure that the house is looked after.
During the dream I somehow manage to to completely mess the home up - its filthy, or without my consent a party is thrown there (usually my sister rocks up with an entourage).

I spend the entire dream rushing around like a headless chook trying to clean and tidy the place before the owner returns home. Trying to get anyone out the house.. I am really upset during the dream and no matter how much I clean its never complete. The owner always come home unexpectedly early and is extremely disappointed in me for the lack of care to the house and I feel a great sense of guilt.

At the last stage of the dream I become aware that I am also supposed to be looking after/feeding their animals (to which I have completely forgotten about) The animals have gone without for days - up to weeks.

I am left with an intense feeling of guilt and disappointment.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, female, melbourne, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? I assume so

Re: Repetitive dream - out of control house

Bernita,
I will analyze your dream either later today or Wednesday morning. I have two sick felines {I am a caretaker of neighborhood/feral cat as well having several of my own} I need to take to the vet and when my kitties are not feeling good it is hard to focus intuitively on a dream and analyze it as well as I wish to with every dream. I will say this tidbit, noting what the house represents which may provide a spark of conscious recognition on your part to what emotional issues the dream is trying to communicate <>in its language of symbol and metaphor <> {both current issues in your waking life as well as the deeper issues to do with formative years in your life}.

The tidbit is the <>HOUSE IS YOU<>, or some important aspect related to your emotional self. The friend's home is also some aspect of yourself {with the possibility the real person {if known} being a part of your dream because of something about them you identify with/have shared experiences or/and personality traits}. When we 'translate' the other images and/or actions {rushing around}, a plot will develop that will mirror aspects of your waking life. If you read this post before I give my analyze use the HyperDictionary/Dream Dictionary and the Power of Dreams Dictionary & Motifs and see what possibilities listed may fit with your 'dream house' and actual waking experiences/emotional energies in your life. If there is an interest, you may want to read how I analyze/interpret a dream by visiting my pages How to Interpret Dreams.

What I do is 'translate/interpret' the images/actions and then put them all together together. Think of it as a puzzle and putting the pieces together coalesces into a picture dof the specific house that is in your dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Bernita,
Here is my analysis corresponding to the paragraphs/stages of the dream
My sense of your dream there are expectations of you that require you be something other than you are {something that is/was imposed on you} and you have the responsibility to look after yourself alone instead of having others do it for you. This may be related to a recent experience but would likely go back to early life experiences as well. Is the friend in the dream someone you know? If so then the expectations would be similar to that person's life.

Messing up the dream would suggest not living up to expectations, perhaps to do recent experiences that fit with this as well as in early life where there were such expectations {all dreams, all dream images have at least two meanings/applications}. Something is not clean about some aspect of these experiences yet you are expected to willingly/joyfully participate.

Being headless may point to doing what you are expected to do without questioning it. Because you are unable to live up to these expectations you are constantly stressed, trying to please others while living up to expectations {inner as well as outer-the inner expectations being imprinted from early life experiences}. You have spent your whole life doing this, trying to live up to expectations, some which are unattainable but with the same expectations {not realizing the unconscious energies that motivate your personality and reasons for later life decisions}. No matter how much you try to get from yourself {your own expectations} you can never fully please yourself or others {this is a personality trait}. There is guilt on your part because you can not fully achieve what is expected of you {of yourself and others people}. You are often disappointed in yourself {unconscious imprinting of early life one reason for this} which enhances any guilt when you fail to live up to expectations.

You are unable to live by your natural instincts and instead you are governed by these unreasonable expectations. There may be times when these energies cause you to be totally out of sync {up to weeks at a time}.

Summary
What are the expectations in early life that today influence your actions and personality. I believe this is the primary message of the dream.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Thank you very much for your response, I greatly appreciate the time it took to respond.
I hope your feline friends are feeling better. It's never nice dealing with unwell animals.

I must look into this more, having had the dream again last night. Something I clearly need to address in waking life.
Thank you again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, female, Australia

Bernita,
Post the more recent dream and let me analyze it.Although the dream has the same plot it would most likely use different images/symbols. Those often reveal more about what the dream message is. Dreams tend to progress, offer more content especially when you take time to analyze them.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present