Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tarnished Wristwatch

Anna
Here is what I get from your dream. You will need to fill in some blanks since the dream only provides a sketch of the possibilities and only you can know how the symbolic images fit.
Your mother is a part of the dream because she had qualities you identify with {your dreams are about your emotions and any known persons in the dream, especially those who are close, are in relationship those emotions}. Those qualities have to do with the wristwatch. Here is what it would represent {determine how this would fit your mother}.
----wristwatch- your ability to bring about fun/excitement and productivity at the same time. Also a need/desire to be more carefree and spontaneous. You are feeling limited and constrained.

'Bringing it' back to your mother would reflect qualities your mother possessed that are important in your life. Could it be your mother knew how to be care free in strenuous situations? Abilities you need to apply to your life? Or it could represent just the opposite, she had problems letting go and you possess those same qualities and need to overcome them. One of these would be central to the dream message. A message that would be valuable because of what you knew of your mother's experiences when in situations that you are in at this time in life {watch had aged/ weathered quite a bit}.

The diamond shaped face of the watch {represents your ego self} points to finding clarity in matters/emotional issues that have been clouding you. There is a valuable lesson you need to learn {from your mother}, to be more flexible in stressful situations, something you may have problems doing {Diamond shaped face, silver toned, stretch band but it was now heavily tarnished}. Being able to utilize these skills/lessons learned from your mother's experiences would lend support {holding hands} to your desire to be happy in life.

The funny bone. In one application {all dreams, all dream images have at least two meanings/applications} it could point to your good sense of humor {a quality I know you possess from your posts on Facebook}. It could also represent 'hitting a nerve' that is painful which also would be a quality you possess with people who are self centered and selfish {dreams often provide clues to personality traits of the dreamer}. These type emotions would go to the core of who you are, something that dreams also do, presents the underlying foundations {early life experiences/influences} to the dreamer's personality and psyche.

The wheel chair image would point to 'help in standing on your own two feet'}. Dreams are about your emotions and the 'help' would be addressing emotional issues of standing on your own two feet {as well as a literal application that is probably true in having to go it alone in life}. It could also go back to experiences with your mother having to do the same. Was your father living when she died?

The last part of the dream seems to be addressing two issues, one of the experiences you know of to do with your mother that left a lasting impression {remember your dreams are about you and your emotions}. That would point to qualities your mother possessed that allowed her to persevere despite the emotional tasks in her life. These are experiences to do with her that affect you are experiences you are having also. The ability to get by, to survive, despite the 'emotional disabilities' you have in your life {another trait I see in your posts}. It could point the importance to remember what is needed in tough emotional situations. Either this was a quality your mother possessed or none she lacked that you need to learn from, either being qualities you need to apply when you are in emotional situations. This would be the central message of the dream, learning from your mother's experiences {which ever fits, something only you would know and I as a dream analyst could only suggest what they are}.

In Jungian dream concepts dreams have 4 parts. The opening statement which lays out what the dream is trying to communicate. The middle parts would show a development of the issues the dream is focused and something happening in response to the primary emotional issue {your mother no longer living but your need/ability to recognize those important aspects she possessed that will help you today in your adult life}. The final phase would provide a result of the primary emotional issues {finding clarity to issues that are clouding you} and/or a solution to what needs to be done to resolve these emotional as well as literal issues in your life. That solution would be using what you learned from your mother's experiences and applying them in your life {which would lend support in overcoming the issues, literal and emotional}.

To determine if I have provided a proper analysis of your dream would require that my interpretation fit your life. A lot of things could be seen as generalities but if the analysis is a good one it would be more of, yeah, that does fit! Let me know your thoughts and with a little more info about your mother I will likely be able to defines the images better. Also, if it is OK with you I would like to post this dream on my Dream Forum because it does have a distinct message that would benefit others, as well as an outline of the 4 phases of dreams that fit Jungian concepts. I can post it as Anonymous if you wish and no one will know it was your dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

This is amazing, and so spot on!!! I'm going to comment more later, but I want to re read this about a hundred times. My father died when I was six, she was definitely going it alone when she died. : ( She died when I was 12). She had a very difficult life, even as a child, and ended up becoming addicted to alcohol, valium and librium to cope. I think when my Dad died, she had another nervous breakdown (she had a few), and never really recovered from his loss. It is a deep seated fear of mine that I will become an addict one day, because she was, but with every fiber of my being I'm not going to let that happen.

Anna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Melbourne, Fl.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Anna,
Here is my breakdown of the images/symbols/actions from your dream. Having some knowledge of your waking life {something I don't usually have when analyzing dreams at the Dream Forum where I require only age and gender} I am aware of your new position as well as some of your recent experiences with your job{s}. My sense of the dream overall is it points to aspects about your mother than you identify with as well as inner aspects of current feelings/emotions. These feelings are your true feelings, something you may not demonstrate in your waking hours but emotions that reflect the deeper fears you possess. Your mother in a way is 'revisiting' you with a message about those fears and how not to make wrong decisions/do the wrong things as she did in her life {the qualities/aspects you identify with and the reason she is a central image in the dream. She has a message that is important and central to your life, experiences she had you can learn from.

The images/actions in your dream and their meaning/application
* wristwatch-represents a need/desire be more carefree and spontaneous, and productive. You are feeling limited and constrained. Seeing a broken watch in your dream indicates that you are unsure of your own feelings or how to express yourself. You are experiencing an emotional standstill.
* gold-the highest quality in colors which in dreams would translate into very strong and important emotions {in the dream action context}
* back to her-going back to the qualities she possessed you identify with
* aged-experiences you learn from her as well as those you have learned in your own life experiences{addressing both current waking life as well as foundations for these emotions
* diamond shaped face-Diamonds represent wholeness. The dream would helping you be find clarity in matters that have been clouding you. It may also point to unchanging or unyielding nature, a personality trait you either possess or need to possess and use {a quality in relationship to your mother}.
* silver toned-silver represents feminine aspects, emotionally affected by your mother's experiences
* stretch band-a need to learn to be flexible
* heavily tarnished-a quality that is tarnished, a lesson from her experiences
* broken crystal-lacking wholeness {crystal would represent wholeness, harmony in life} a quality that is/was lacking and one you are seeking
* holding hand-providing support from her those qualities you identify with in your mother
* funny bone-hitting a nerve. on the surface it may seem funny {how life can be} but on the inside there is hurt/pain
* wheel chair-in need of help in standing on your own two feet. her experiences and what you can learn from them
* job-emotional tasks you are currently working with in your waking life as well as your deeper emotional life
* large office-your status and accomplishments in your waking life and your total well being
* seemed happy-a quality you seek but are not sure whether you can/will accomplish it

Note: after reading your response this would fit with your fear of becoming an addict like your mother, a primary emotional theme in the dream

Hopefully breaking down the images will provide more insights to what I {intuitively} sensed from your dream

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present