Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tarnished Wristwatch

Anna,
Here is my breakdown of the images/symbols/actions from your dream. Having some knowledge of your waking life {something I don't usually have when analyzing dreams at the Dream Forum where I require only age and gender} I am aware of your new position as well as some of your recent experiences with your job{s}. My sense of the dream overall is it points to aspects about your mother than you identify with as well as inner aspects of current feelings/emotions. These feelings are your true feelings, something you may not demonstrate in your waking hours but emotions that reflect the deeper fears you possess. Your mother in a way is 'revisiting' you with a message about those fears and how not to make wrong decisions/do the wrong things as she did in her life {the qualities/aspects you identify with and the reason she is a central image in the dream. She has a message that is important and central to your life, experiences she had you can learn from.

The images/actions in your dream and their meaning/application
* wristwatch-represents a need/desire be more carefree and spontaneous, and productive. You are feeling limited and constrained. Seeing a broken watch in your dream indicates that you are unsure of your own feelings or how to express yourself. You are experiencing an emotional standstill.
* gold-the highest quality in colors which in dreams would translate into very strong and important emotions {in the dream action context}
* back to her-going back to the qualities she possessed you identify with
* aged-experiences you learn from her as well as those you have learned in your own life experiences{addressing both current waking life as well as foundations for these emotions
* diamond shaped face-Diamonds represent wholeness. The dream would helping you be find clarity in matters that have been clouding you. It may also point to unchanging or unyielding nature, a personality trait you either possess or need to possess and use {a quality in relationship to your mother}.
* silver toned-silver represents feminine aspects, emotionally affected by your mother's experiences
* stretch band-a need to learn to be flexible
* heavily tarnished-a quality that is tarnished, a lesson from her experiences
* broken crystal-lacking wholeness {crystal would represent wholeness, harmony in life} a quality that is/was lacking and one you are seeking
* holding hand-providing support from her those qualities you identify with in your mother
* funny bone-hitting a nerve. on the surface it may seem funny {how life can be} but on the inside there is hurt/pain
* wheel chair-in need of help in standing on your own two feet. her experiences and what you can learn from them
* job-emotional tasks you are currently working with in your waking life as well as your deeper emotional life
* large office-your status and accomplishments in your waking life and your total well being
* seemed happy-a quality you seek but are not sure whether you can/will accomplish it

Note: after reading your response this would fit with your fear of becoming an addict like your mother, a primary emotional theme in the dream

Hopefully breaking down the images will provide more insights to what I {intuitively} sensed from your dream

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present