Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dinasour/random dream.

My dream when I took a nap which was very close to reality in terms of relationships.

I was with a group of people walking around what seemed to be a dinasour park...there was announcement I didn't understand but I assumed it was the t-rex being near so they had us turn back quickly. Then there were two distinct dinosaurs that the guides said we could touch but I just hid behind the people I was with and crouched to avoid contact. I was terrified and felt like a little kid again.

Then it was night time at some point where I was in France it was beautiful. But I may have been drunk in the dream, since I was giving a massage to a much older man playing the guitar on the street and being very flirtatious. Everything was dizzy and I was taken out of the city on a carriage.

Likewise, at some point I was trying to figure out what to do for the night with a group of people from college, and I took like an hour trying to decide what to do and the time on my watch was blurry. We ended up going on some little cars and I just hoped that they were fast enough and filled with gas to out-run the dinosaur. So, it seems I had knowledge even in this different situation.

So, back at the park/college it was night time and my family and I were taking my sister to her college dorm [she goes to college in real life]and for this new school year, I was worried since her dorm was out in the open with no protection. I was scared for her. And then once we got inside her dorm, it was smaller than usual with no space. I was afraid for the t-rex to come since my family was spending the night there but we didn't fit. Then, my dad left to get something from the car and I had to go get him because he was taking too long. I hesitated first because if the t-rex came my dad wouldn't be able to run as fast and would stay behind and get eaten. But I left anyway to go get him. Turned out he stayed with a group of Mexican men laughing and listening to their music and getting drunk. He didn't listen when I asked him to come back [in real life, my dad used to drink a lot at parties and not want to leave]. So, I woke up after dreading the t-rex to come since they were so loud and eating me.

At some point I was looking through my videos from France [never been there in real life], and they were very blurry and I sounded unconscious and I said "is this a dream."

Mainly the fear was the dinosaurs and the fear of seeing the t-rex and eating me or doing something to hurt me--so there was anxiety throughout the entire dream while trying to hide a lot.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 / Female

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? If needed.

Re: Dinasour/random dream.

Anonymous,
I am in the process of analyzing your dream and hopefully will have a final interpretation later today. Thus far I sense issues to do with feeling vulnerable and new experiences that are current in your life. Past experiences may have an influence on your emotions in the presence, either a past relationship or a past experience{s} that left an impression on your psyche. Childhood issues may be involved but I believe the dream is primarily addressing current experiences {but unconsciously influenced by past experiences including childhood}. I'll finish my analysis and post the results.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Anonymous,
I sense there may have been recent experiences that have brought back past emotions that have to do with feeling vulnerable or perhaps cause you to be in a vulnerable position. There are unconscious energies from your past {childhood/early life} that underlie these feelings and likely are related to your relationship with your father. It is pretty much impossible for me {or any experienced dream analyst} to name the recent experiences {without knowing more about you} but I can see the underlying energies which would be related to your feelings or actions in the current experiences. Here is what i get from breaking down the dream by paragraphs.

Dream: I was with a group of people walking around what seemed to be a dinasour park...there was announcement I didn't understand but I assumed it was the t-rex being near so they had us turn back quickly. Then there were two distinct dinosaurs that the guides said we could touch but I just hid behind the people I was with and crouched to avoid contact. I was terrified and felt like a little kid again.

Analysis: Emotional aspects related to past experiences that are now being renewed. T-Rex would be a large devouring aspect, something that is in your unconscious that possesses energies that unconsciously motivate your personality and actions. There may be two distinct experiences or aspects to do with these emotional experiences. These experiences {from your past and in your current life} make you feel vulnerable.

One aspect could have to do with the motivating factors that make you feel/act a certain way to a particular situation {experiences/influences from early life/childhood that unconsciously motivate your personality/actions in the present time}.

The second could have to do with the current situations in your life that make you feel vulnerable. Because of past experiences you are left with emotions related to those past experiences and put you in the same position as in early life {felt like a kid again}. Feeling vulnerable seems to be a strong sentiment in this dream.

Dream: Then it was night time at some point where I was in France it was beautiful. But I may have been drunk in the dream, since I was giving a massage to a much older man playing the guitar on the street and being very flirtatious. Everything was dizzy and I was taken out of the city on a carriage.

Analysis: Being in a positive place in your current life but feeling awkward due to the unfamiliar surroundings {are there current changes taking place in your life, perhaps a new environment?}. Or it could be the attitude of feeling vulnerable that causes these feelings. The current place you are in may put in a situation where you feel you have little control and are in need of nurturing and comfort {something you may not have received in early life from your father}. These motivating energies may tend to make prefer older men. There may even have been a recent social experience where you were in an awkward position and perhaps to do with unwise decisions.

Dream: Likewise, at some point I was trying to figure out what to do for the night with a group of people from college, and I took like an hour trying to decide what to do and the time on my watch was blurry. We ended up going on some little cars and I just hoped that they were fast enough and filled with gas to out-run the dinosaur. So, it seems I had knowledge even in this different situation.

Analysis: Aspects to do with decisions/in-decisions about current experiences in your life. There may be aspects about yourself that affect the decision making process due to unconscious motivators, perhaps aspects to do with self esteem and vulnerabilities you have. You may be subconsciously if not consciously aware of these personal aspects of feeling vulnerable {subconsciously meaning not fully aware but knowing there are aspects which influences one's actions and feelings}. You are motivated by energies that you can not get away from {they are unconscious} which may cause you to make wrong decisions.

Dream: So, back at the park/college it was night time and my family and I were taking my sister to her college dorm [she goes to college in real life]and for this new school year, I was worried since her dorm was out in the open with no protection. I was scared for her. And then once we got inside her dorm, it was smaller than usual with no space. I was afraid for the t-rex to come since my family was spending the night there but we didn't fit. Then, my dad left to get something from the car and I had to go get him because he was taking too long. I hesitated first because if the t-rex came my dad wouldn't be able to run as fast and would stay behind and get eaten. But I left anyway to go get him. Turned out he stayed with a group of Mexican men laughing and listening to their music and getting drunk. He didn't listen when I asked him to come back [in real life, my dad used to drink a lot at parties and not want to leave]. So, I woke up after dreading the t-rex to come since they were so loud and eating me.

Analysis: You are in a period of re-adjustment to new experiences and you are feeling vulnerable. There may be personality aspects you share with your sister {being vulnerable?}. Issues to do with family and in particular your father that may be the underlying reasons for your feelings of feeling vulnerable {taking advantage of}. The T-Rex/devouring aspect would be associated with experiences with your father. there are aspects to do with family that do not fit with a normal family environment. Your father's actions in the dream may point to experiences to do with him where he was unresponsive to your needs. Those experiences may now be coming back to you because of situations/environment you are currently in.

Dream: At some point I was looking through my videos from France [never been there in real life], and they were very blurry and I sounded unconscious and I said "is this a dream."

Analysis: You are analyzing your current situation {unconsciously} and the positives but are hampered by past experiences. Those past experiences {the motivating energies to your personality} bring back your feelings of being vulnerable. What should be a positive current experiences are shadowed by your negative past {the positive are but a dream}. Although you are now in a positive environment you are unable to feel as comfortable about yourself because of the unconscious attitudes from early life {feelings of being vulnerable}. You may be susceptible in your decision making because of the unconscious energies. These are the underlying issues to do with your feelings in your current environment.

As for recent experiences. Any recent actions would be related to the unconscious motivators. When it comes to relationships do you prefer older men {or at least somewhat older than you?}. Your actions/experiences may be motivated by your vulnerable personality and decision making would be based on that.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you very much for your analysis. Since the dream, I went to my first therapy session since my anxiety had been very high at the time. And indeed, I was told it seems I may have PTSD, which could explain the many disturbing dreams I've had.

Your analysis shed light on the problems I had as a child, so thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 / Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present