Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Heritage, family and sexuality

Hello, Jerry!

Sorry, I forgot. I'm female.

Thank you for the reply!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Y

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Heritage, family and sexuality

Anonymous,
Being a female doesn't change a lot about my analysis but does affect it in minor ways. The reason I need your gender is because a man in a woman's dream {especially unknown/unnamed men} would symbolize your masculine qualities. This would hold true with the dream brother since you do not have a real brother {which if you did could point to aspects of that relationship}. Here is my analyze.

The opening of the dream suggests there are positive traits/aspects related to your father that have been passed down to you. If there are not positive personal qualities then the inherited aspects could be material/monetary. These aspects would normally add to a positive part of your life/personality as an adult but because there are unresolved issues related to 'father' relationship {that may have affected your personality/character} you are not able to utilize the positive aspects as you should This could point to both inner qualities about yourself as well as in the relationship with your father}. There are bad things that need to be understood {the unconscious energies associated with the father relationship} so you can learn to accept the them and find solutions. They likely influence if not control your personality.

Despite the 'positives' you have 'inherited' there are tombstones in your life. These would represent either things that are hidden away or repressed or/and experiences that have left a 'mark on you that need to be understood and need to be put to rest {this is a function of dreams, helping the dreamer realize the unconscious energies that cause emotional conflicts and find a resolution for them}. The brother is an aspect of yourself and in your dream would symbolize masculine characteristics that needs to 'show up' {be integrated} within yourself so there is balance within your psyche. Not having shown up for a long time may indicate these masculine aspects were deminished because of early life experiences. These characteristics have caused a separation from who you should be and who you are and you are not able to express yourself because of the experiences {cleft lip}. You need to discover and embrace those lost characteristics/unconscious energies so to understand their influence and remove the negative influences. They may have affected aspects of your natural self and caused you to not to be able to function as you should related to these aspects {possibly sexually}.

Your other self {the normal person you should be} may at times have caused a separation from reality where the negative influences from early life take control of your conscious actions. In other words you may react/act in a manner that is unconsciously driven and you are not consciously aware of. This other self, those aspects that are out of balance, needs to be recognized and resolved, overcoming the negative emotional issues {that you are married to/have unconscious control over you}.

Summary
The dream is addressing current issues to do with your father {ongoing} but also the underlying issues from early life {also involving your father} that formed your personality and who you are as an adult. These early life issues are unconscious motivators for conscious actions as an adult. I sense a lack of positive masculine qualities which would be related to the early life issues {and due to a lack of a proper relationship with your father}. It could affect relationships with men or/and have caused a lack of strength of character when it comes to certain conscious actions in your life {instead of being objective you may be too emotional}. Look at your past and determine what experiences there were as a child that would have caused issues in your adult life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present