Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nightmare.

The analysis provides great insight into my experiences which is allowing me to get to the meaning behind this.
Well, I'm definitely having trouble with my anxiety and letting go of a past romantic relationship that hurt me greatly. Since then I've been in and out of relationships but they've all failed because of my fault (false expectations of love). I've made the decision to be single for a while and figure myself out. I've recently been having flashbacks about my childhood which makes the anxiety worse.

I witnessed domestic violence at home as a child. My sister and I would cry together but we would also watch as my parents fought. Their fights became less violent the older we got but still, they barely get along. This is what my therapist says is the possible cause for my PTSD. In addition, something I haven't mentioned, as a child, my sister and I had a babysitter who would torment us. Our parents didn't find out until we told them once we were older when we moved away. I have many bad memories being under her care but I don't know if that part of my anxiety/nightmares. I've also had traumatizing experiences involving trust and neglect issues among peers as I was growing up in my pre-teen years. Besides that, I don't know what else it could be that's causing distress. My life is good, I'm in a good place but indeed, I can't fully embrace it. But I'm slowly realizing more and is helping a lot.

Thank you!

Again, thank you greatly. It's overwhelming seeing how accurate your analysis have been. All together, it enlightens the parts that I've tried to understand about myself and sheds light on what I need to do.

Jess,
Are you in therapy? Your 'accurate' description of failed relationships and fights between your parents fits with the unconscious energies I sense from your dream. I do believe your PTSD would have associations to the childhood experiences. But there are likely unconscious aspects to do with childhood that have yet to surface {the flashbacks}. It could have to do with being tormented babysitter since those early life experiences often become imprinted on the psyche and also become motivators for unconscious conflicts later in life. The trust factor and neglect issues likely have a bearing on your failed relationships {similar childhood issues in my life weighed heavily in my three failed marriages}. Uncovering the childhood experiences will go a long way in understanding the motivating energies that have control over your adult life {including issues to do with relationships}. Resolving those issues will likely help with the PTSD if not eliminate it entirely.

As for my analysis. Beyond my abilities to properly analyze/interpret your dream {as well as my great success in general in analyzing dreams}, I hope you will spread the word that interpreting dreams can be successfully interpreted and be used in therapy like yours. Dreams are no longer the great mystery they once were and that needs to become the story and not they are not yet understood. It merely takes someone like myself {a layperson and not a trained analyst} who has an in-depth understanding of Jungian concepts {I've studied Jungian psyche for 23 years} and developed intuitive abilities to successfully analyze and interpret dreams. The Dream Forum is a catalog of my success {because others like yourself took the time to respond to my analysis}. Academic Jungians {therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists} use a strict application of Jungian psyche and I believe miss the nuances that allow dreams to be understood. Imagine the time that would be saved in helping people access unconscious contents via their dreams instead of spending untold hours trying to access the information in the traditional manner. I was able to view in one short dream a great many aspects from your unconscious. And all I had was your age and gender.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present