Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My thumbnails have fallen off

I look down at my thumbnail, it looks like my (step)dad's hand, large, course and German. I reach down and peel the fingernail off, from back to front. Instead of the usual pink nail bed I see a great grey depression, like a canyon, with baffles separating compartments. These baffles are paper-thin and look dry and crispy). (Actually they look like a picture of the mitochondria, the organelle in the cell that provides energy so the cell can function.)

I wonder how on earth I can function with my hands like this. How can I get them into the water without getting infected? I figure I might as well do the same to the other thumb, which looks just the same.

when I awake, I am depressed. This is the third dream I've had since I placed my tablet by the bed side and asked my psyche to give me dreams to work on.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59, female, Washington State

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: My thumbnails have fallen off

Labyrinth Walker,
It may be Sunday before I am able to provide an analysis of this dream. I am having problems with my laptop working as well as internet connection. Both are off and on which makes it difficult to access the needed tools for a proper analysis. I have an appointment with the cable guy tomorrow night to fix the connection {wifi}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Labyrinth Walker,
When analyzing dreams I look for distinct patterns of actions from the images that fit together. One image alone will seldom point to the dream message but when applied together with the other images/actions a pattern emerges. Here is what i get from this dream.

My sense of the dream is there are addressing issues with love and acceptance from your biological father. The thumb would represent getting a grip on these emotions and the nail is covering them up. Your step-dad is a replacement for the original love you seek from your real father. The hand represents abilities and being German is unrecognizable language {not consciously recognized}. The fingernail represents mental avoidance {not necessarily intentional} of the unconscious associations. Back to front is the need to bring these emotions from the unconscious to consciousness.Baffles are restraining devices, the compartments are unconscious aspects to do with the various emotions {complexes?} and the canyon represents hidden emotions that are being avoided. Paper thin is barely recognizable aspects. Being able to function with these hidden emotions points to the natural aspect of needing to understand the none relationship with your real father. There is a need to get into the water {unconscious} without being infected by the negative emotions you consciously associate with the father relationship. This non-relationship in some ways affects your conscious life {as does most early life experiences do}.

As we discussed earlier the non relationship with your father could be an unrecognized issue in your life {The Tower of Boys and their Beers dream}. When I put the images/actions together in this dream I get the same message. These may be unconscious issues that are unrecognizable because they did occur so early in life. But the structure of the psyche requires reconciliation of parental relationships since we all possess these archetypal energies.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

In case you may not have gotten my response via my e-mail, here is one too. Basically I am going back to the drawing board. I have just started back into working with dreams - since 8/1 and my psyche has been very accommodating : )
I have plenty to work with. Your website has been a wonderful resource. Thank you for your effort.

Lately I my behavior has been changing in odd ways. I am wondering if I've spent enough time in the abyss, and I am getting ready to become someone new...? It is a slow process.

Stacey

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59, Female, Washington State

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? This is it!

Labyrinth Walker,
Did you get my e-mail response to the e-mail you sent me. If not let me know and I will resend it. It includes comments about Marion Woodman and links to pages I have created at my Myths-Dreams-Symbols website. Woodman is an early sage in my life, a Jungian analyst above the rest.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present