Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Golden shafts of wheat

I had a dream where I began seeing some friends I havent seen in a while.but as the dream progressed one of my friends comes out of nowhere and is very angry with me and he has a gun and wants to kill me. he's wearing a tux that is all red. this friend that i know is a very nice guy...i know he would never do anything like that to me in reality, but he does symbolize for me someone who has a lot of grit and who has seen a lot of dark things. at some point he is very close to me and tries to shoot me. I stand still not trying to flee, but eventually I try to move around a bit to dodge the shot. were outside in some meadow or field while this is happening. I turn around and notice that hundreds of people, who I'm not sure if I know because I'm not able to see their faces, are all running towards me across this field. they all begin running pass me and I hear from one of them who screams that they are trying to give me a chance to run away. so I begin running towards them in the opposite direction in this field. (oh and i forgot to mention that this friend with the red tux, his nickname is actually red in real life, he's called red by everyone, I even have him as red in my phone haha.) so im running across this field that has a lot of hills and it is very sunny. i can hear red saying that he still sees me even though i know he is very far behind the hundreds of people running pass him, blocking his way. eventually i begin getting tired and start to run more slowly like im losing energy. then i hear red scream that he knows im losing energy. then as i ran, I suddenly appeared in a dark cave where there was no light, i could barely see. but i was able to see that there were bodies all laying down covered from the chest down in little white towels or blankets. I thought to myself I should hide here and red wont find me but all of the bodies seemed so peaceful. I noticed that all of the bodies were either very young growing fetuses or babies except one child who was in the center who seemed a little older but still very frail and weak. so i decided that i dont want to bring red here to cause harm to all these children and disturb their sleep, so i continued running and was suddenly in the field again. i kept losing energy. everyime i would run across some large hill in this field, there was one very large tree right on the highest point of the hill. i saw that there was one more hill with a very large thick tree on it. as i slowly jogged around it, I was agape as i saw two large sleeping babies who were as large as the tree, and were resting in large golden shafts of wheat which were just as large as the babies. i was surprised that there were two babies and not one. I thought that this place is too sacred and calm to bring red here as well, so I left. suddenly i encountered red in my home and he was holding the gun up to my face. i tried to talk to him and he began to tell me he was doing this for the same reasons my dad gets angry at me in real life. because of my appearance and for wanting to grow out my hair. he insults me one more time and then leaves. then suddenly were in the field again and some black kid whose face i didnt see grabs red, then i suddenly become angry and grab red too and begin to scream to him that he cannot intimidate me with death, then i began to punch him in the face, as he becomes bloody, a train random begins charging towards us and explodes right as it approaches us, then the dream ends. sorry for the long description but the dream was just so strange.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18/M/Miami

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Golden shafts of wheat

Abriel,
im working on your dream and should have a final analysis Friday. Thus far I see aspects to do with personal growth and reaching goals in life. There may be times when you feel you are going in the wrong direction. there is also evidence {in the dream} of being emotionally drained by some experiences in your life. The opening of the dream seems to point to early life issues where life was fairly positive {some friends I havent seen in a while} but where one friend is angry. These unknown friends are aspects your self and one aspect of your early life has caused issues to do with feeling your frustration and possible negative feelings about yourself {self esteem issues}. These would be the foundations for some of the frustrations in your present life.

I'll see what the rest of the dream has to offer.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Abriel,
I've analyzed the whole dream and this is what I get from the images and actions.

An emotional aspect you haven't experienced/applied in some time that comes from inner anger/frustrations. This is a deviation from your normal self and your personality changes when these emotions come up. It involves a desire personal growth and achievement. Your normal positive self has a lot of character but there are a lot of negative experiences in your past. This aspect is an important part of your foundations in growth. The inner anger is a source of lost emotional energies, unconscious forces you are not aware of. You do unconsciously know it is the source of negative conscious aspects and are motivators {unconscious} for confrontation. These are hidden aspects caused from early life experiences/influences. Most were from very early life but one very negative experience was later in life. These experiences have harmed your psyche and personality that hampers personal growth. You have particular set goals but the negative unconscious energies are so large you struggle to make positive advancements. There may be recent/current set goals to do with these issues. Your desire for success is great {especially if there are recent/current goals involved} and instead of utilizing your positive abilities you abandon the projects. Your inner self wants to get past the unconscious forces.

This last paragraph seems to be pointing to two things. One have to do with issues related to desires for growth and success. From the first there may also be two aspects also, one to do with the unconscious forces that come from early childhood development {the growing fetuses/babies as well as the older experience} and the other to do with recent/current experiences that are influenced by the motivating energies from childhood development {the first would influence the latter}.

A second aspect would be pointing to both in the first but specially naming the reasons for the unconscious energies that hinder personal growth and success. The dream sentence, "he began to tell me he was doing this for the same reasons my dad gets angry at me in real life" would be an unconscious communication of why you have the unconscious energies that hinder your personal growth/success. You are acting out from the same reasons as your father. Any experiences of anger are motivated by those early life experiences from your father. You are 'punching yourself in the face', trying {unconsciously} to break free from those influences. In order to restore wholeness to your life, and insure you are able to achieve the goals in life you desire, you must change the inner attitudes {intimidate me with death}. The last sentence seems to be pointing to current issues/experiences related to the inner negative attitudes which in its language suggest a possible explosion {anger/frustration} to the inner burdens you are carrying {train}. You are conforming to the imprinted influences from early life {again the train symbol} and it is now at a point it is approaching you in a real way. My sense is your personality has many strong attributes but there are weaknesses also which stem from the inner attitudes developed vin early life.

Just now, after I finish this analysis, I am taking a look at your earlier posted dream Soul and Egg. This dream does seem to be confirming what I saw in that dream but is going to the central issues for some of the reasons/attitudes that are preventing the personal growth/success are seeking. Your age indicates you are still very much in the formative years of life {18} and ny taking on these inner issues now you are doing what most people never do and the few that do wait until mid life. If there are issues as I read them in this dream, changing the negative attitudes now will be of great benefit later on. If there are creative interests then those will blossom a lot sooner because you have removed the personal barriers created by early life experiences/influences. When you look at famous people who have had great creative success but later in life find only destruction, it is usually because they never overcame the inner demons. Most of those are from the formative years of life.

Are there creative interests in your current life? Your familiarity with alchemical symbolism in paintings seem to indicate an interest. Could that be a part of what this dream is pointing to, the unconscious attitudes that are preventing you from achieving the goals related to creative aspects? Are there immediate experiences confronting you to do with these? Two babies ready to grow, one being the unconscious attitudes that inhibit you ability in growth, the other a current issue/experience that are related to those attitudes.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

wow..thanks, you really analyzed that dream to the core. and i told you id be back haha. and yes, my pursuit in life is art. im trying to become an artist still learning along the way and im at a point now where i see all the knowledge and skill that i wanna acquire and i know what has to be done, but idleness and a fear of continuing the work and practice that needs to be done is bringing up emotions and a drowsy feeling that seems to cut the process, if only for a short period of time. I actually started learning about an artist named leonora carrington before i had the soul and egg dream, and then suddenly one of her paintings which was deeply filled with alchemical symbolism showed up in that dream which really intrigued me and i didnt even notice until a couple of days after the dream. she is a strange artist who is deeply immersed in occultism, alchemy, and weird surrealism. another artist who really inspires me who deals with these types of themes is alex grey, an artist who i guess you can say shed his inner demons(attempted suicide,depression) through the use of a psychedelic very early in his 20s. Im am very interested and acquainted with carl jung and terence mckenna and others who deal with alchemy and the weird themes that surround it. this seems like a dumb situation but i actually confronted my dad a couple of weeks ago about this hair incident and he kinda went crazy and chased me around our neighborhood. it was out of control but it was surprising because i had to deny him three times before he no longer bothered me with his absurd opinion about hair. it was something he gave me a lot of stress and humiliation about throughout my childhood but for me it simply symbolized a necessary change, so i think the dream digs a little bit deeper pass whatever emotions that incident brought up. what fascinated me the most in the dream was the cave full of resting decrepit fetuses and two large babies which in the end is probably one of the most hope-filled things I havent seen in my dreams for a while. ive kind of been searching for an image like that in my mind for a while now(subconsciously). the image of returning to the womb or my mothers womb in a symbolic sense has always calmed me greatly, so the babies to me symbolize something very very original within me. as for the anger towards red, i was just very surprised that after he spared me and didnt kill me, I succumbed to anger anyways. I dont want to get too personal but another thing i want to add is that ive been dealing with for a year or so now, a big surge of libido which scared me because i didnt know one could become enveloped by emotions so easily, and i have been trying to see how to integrate that energy for a while now which is not as easy as it seems. so i think the confusion that comes from these feelings has stifled my path to more studying and learning as well. sorry for the long paragraphs but i will come back once i have another dream that seems very cryptic and thank you for all of the powerful insights.my mom told me the other day in a very condescending tone,"four eyes are better than two."

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18/M/FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present