Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is This Dream a Warning?

My goodness! Thank you so much for such a thorough analysis Jerry! I am so grateful.

I am still trying to wrap my mind around some of the points you’ve made here. This analysis has definitely brought deeper issues to my attention – issues that I haven’t been able to verbalize or even pinpoint by myself (I guess that's why I had this dream ). It’s a lot to take in, but I feel good about finally having something more defined to look at.

I mentioned that both of us were not in a place to pursue a relationship at the time we met – I had recently ended a long, unhealthy relationship with another man and I was dealing with the aftermath of that. I closed myself off through most of that relationship and was unconsciously continuing that pattern even after I removed my ex from my life. Without getting too much into my childhood, my parents had a very toxic relationship that dominated our household. My siblings and I were often pushed aside or hid away while my parents fought – sometimes for days and often our emotional needs were met with anger or resentment (because they were too drained to deal with us). I can see that I might unconsciously be used to closing myself off and suppressing my emotional need for intimacy and affection because I fear rejection…or possibly I somehow believe I shouldn’t need those things. I think I attracted my ex into my life because he fit that pattern – he would make me feel guilty about my emotional needs but would often not respect my boundaries when it came to fulfilling his. We are on good terms now, but the end of that relationship was admittedly a bit traumatic and I think it just elevated whatever fear I already had about getting involved with someone new.

This new guy definitely awakened the desire for a genuine, healthy relationship. When it comes down to it, I don’t really think I know how to have one just yet though. The dream and your analysis reflect this – I need to “move a lot of things around” in order to get to the point where I can be the supportive, loving partner I want to be. It seems I need to work on balance within myself and work on moving past unhealthy patterns.

Not to tell you my whole life story, . I just want to let you know how incredibly perceptive (and HELPFUL) your analysis was.

Thank you so much Jerry! Really appreciate you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Female, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Absolutely

stats from 7-14-10 to the present