Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brother in dream-gasoline, lecture

I remember bits an pieces of this dream. I was with my older brother and we were at a college/university. He was giving a presentation in front of this large auditorium. Before he started he walked behind me looking down as I was sitting in the back row. He smiled at me. I thought "he is being nice to me?" In real life, this is unusual as my older brother is a hostile narcissist who had 95% of the time been pretty cruel to me growing up. I have no contact with him to this day. While he was standing in front of the class, he pulled out a gas can and was standing naked. He then poured gasoline over his head. I wasn't sure if it was gas or water from a gas can. I then woke up. Thanks for any insight. B

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53 Male Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Brother in dream-gasoline, lecture

Bob,
The first sentence may be suggesting {represents} you are in a stage of advanced learning of some aspect about yourself. In one application {the outline of the primary motivating energies} your older brother is you. The walking behind and back row would represent unconscious aspects. It could have to do with awarding {presentation} yourself in one aspect of your life that is a positive {smiling at you}. You are being nice to yourself because you are doing the 'opposite' of what your older brother would actually do {this may also point to a recent experience where you utilized or experienced this 'niceness'}. Standing before the class may symbolize being proud {standing} of yourself to do with an aspect you consciously feel important/needed {front of class}, something you learned early past experiences {can}, something you 'can' about as a adult you could not do then. This attitude exposes who you really are {naked}, the naked truth that drives you because of past negative experiences with your brother {and possibly beyond him and with other experiences in childhood}. The gasoline would represent emotional energies and because {in the dream} you are not sure if it was water or gas {gas represents being re-energized} it would point to unconscious aspects {water} that were in the gas can {past influencing experiences}.

Has there been a recent experience to do with being nice? Or experiences where someone wasn't nice and you demonstrated your positive attitude in response? This could have stimulated the unconscious energies that from early life that underlie your personality, positive attitudes that came about because of the negative treatment by your brother. Your personality is a direct 'opposite' his. Being a nice person is important to you because of the early life 'training' experiences to do with your brother.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, Thank you. I have been doing work on Mindfulness, my Spirituality, and more important going after my duality versus non-duality. I am trying to see people and relationships with all the baggage from a non-dual perspective, appreciating the impact of conditioning and staying present in the here and no. Not there but have found a path. I've been reading some good authors as well, e.g. Richard Rohr and Richard Moss. Thanks and Peace to you. Bob

Jerry, I had another dream that appears to be along the same topic. In the dream, my wife and I bought a new home. In the home was a large indoor pool. There were numerous people throughout the house and I was going around and asking people to leave.

The NEW house is myself and the changes in process, and the numerous people were various aspects of my self that I am getting rid of??

Jerry, I had another dream that appears to be along the same topic. In the dream, my wife and I bought a new home. In the home was a large indoor pool. There were numerous people throughout the house and I was going around and asking people to leave.

The NEW house is myself and the changes in process, and the numerous people were various aspects of my self that I am getting rid of??

Bob,
The translation you gave is exactly how I would have read the dream. This new house has an unconscious connection to your true self {swimming pool} which could indicate positive changes. You are making an 'inward journey' psychologically in a process of eliminating those emotional issues that need to 'leave' so you can find wholeness in life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present