Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A recurring dream

I'm sorry, I misread what it was asking for. :) The proper ones are, 21, (still) Female, and Florida.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20/F/Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hannah,
Because the best a trained dream analyst can do is provide a good outline of what a dream{s} is trying to communicate, in your dreams I sense conflict between two choices but I am having trouble pin pointing what they are {even in an outline}. Let me state what i sense and then you can respond. That may provide clarity to what the dreams are trying to communicate.

My sense is there were two things happening when you were 13. One was the forces of nature where your emotions were 'high' {an aspect possibly related to puberity} combined with a personality that tried to pleased everyone, as well as being in a position where you were being persuaded by certain people {male}. You were being pulled by opposite forces {possibly male} and had to make a decision which to go with. There was a conflict between these two persons and you would in one instance had to go with one choice but in another had to go with the other.

age 16
At the age of 16 things changed {emotionally if not literally}. Something or someone intervened and you were saved from having to make the previous choices. It could have been your own maturity and/or a female.

age 17
At age 17 you wanted to trust your own instincts and find positive aspects within your life but you still lacked the capabilities or opportunities to express your true desires and be where you wished to be. You were still having trouble in achieving your true desires because of pressures placed on you {perhaps by yourself}. Part of the trouble was with those who you wanted/needed to trust but emotionally you were afraid of being betrayed. There may have been a woman involved or the 'she' could have been your own emotional self which was highly charged which left you unable to properly achieve the goals you really wished for.

See where the above would fit in the ages you gave and overall. Personal experiences are seldom spelled out in dreams but the emotional energies that are related to the experiences are. Your response should help clarify what the dream messages are.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

When I was 13, that's when I started having doubts about the religion that had been forced onto me since birth, Christianity. I didn't want to dissappoint my mother, but I felt like I was betraying myself by staying with Christianity.

When I was 16, I finally came out to my mom as being bisexual and Wiccan. And I felt like I freed myself for the first time in a really long time.

At 17 my mom and I had a rather large argument, and things with her changed after that. I once again doubted my ability to make decisions.

And when I was 19, I was finally fed up with her, and moved out of the house, and in with my dad.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Hannah,
Your response pretty much fits with my analysis. As i stated in the beginning of my analysis I can only outline the emotional energies in a dream and the exact personal experiences are left to the dreamer to name. In my analysis I stated you were being pulled by two forces. One of those was spiritual {of the two I pointed to}. There was the conflict with your mother which could be one {there could be others}. The personality would be a part of the spiritual and when you can not be your true self there is a betrayal.

At age 16 things changed {both psychologically and literally} You 'came out', literally telling your Mom you were bi. What intervened was your true self. You became your true self.

At age 17 you wanted to trust your inner self/true instincts but lacked the capabilities to do so. This would fit with the self doubt you posted in your response. The woman was both your mother and yourself. Self doubts and your mother left you unable to achieve those things you sought.

For some reason i didn't address the age 19 experience. But the mask is what we wear in our perception of ourselves as well as what we wish others to perceive us. This is not our true self and it must come off to reveal the 'other you', your true self. "We are what our past makes us." This is true in so many ways. Psychologically it is the foundations of early life. The environment in which we grow up is central to who we become. Most people never realize that these early life experiences become motivators for personality and actions later in life. Experience is what make us who we are, who we become.

Although you have had a tough path to travel you are fortunate to have discovered who you really are {bi} and have begun to be your true self. I would be interested in analyzing a recent dream to see how well that has turned out.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

I could certainly put another one up. Would you like me to make a new topic for it, or just post it in here?

Hannah,
Post it as a new and separate topic. Each dream is a learning tool and it is easier to keep up with by topic. I often refer back to earlier dreams and create a link to it. Sometimes the dream subject goes in another direction but usually related to the issues in a previous dream. They tend to reveal more when you post consecutive dreams, you unconscious understanding there is work being done to assist the nature's intention of helping the dreamer resolve emotional issues {the primary function of dreams}. In your dreams there is already a progression and now at 21 they {dreams} will point to your psychology as it is now as well as in the past {the past affecting your current status. Dreams are about how you really feel about yourself and the world around you and the more you realize that was not previously known the better you can deal with it and hopefully resolve the conflicts.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present