Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Semi-Truck death

Alright, so this is a dream I had a couple of weeks ago.

It starts off with me walking down a deserted highway, and there's a full moon in the sky and not a cloud in sight. As I keep walking more cars start showing up. At first they are run-down, junk cars then they start getting nicer and nicer until it was just cars like Ferrari's and Mercedes on the road. It seems like I walk for hours, but don't get tired at all.

I then see another woman walking along the road in front of me. She has long, black hair but that's the only thing about her I can remember. It's at this point in time I see a semi-truck coming down the road.

When the semi-truck got to a point that it couldn't stop the woman jumped out in front of it and died. I then woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20/F/Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Semi-Truck death

Hannah,
This dream has a positive note to it but is still reflecting on the negatives from your past. There is progression and that may be because you have taken steps to improve your situation {moving away from your mother}. Unconsciously {your true self knows} if not consciously you know you need to find ways to change the old habits and attitudes and create new ones and a new life. I see progress from this dream. Here is my analysis along with the symbolic meaning of the images and actions.

Your deposition in life is one of emptiness and decline {walking down} but you possess a positive attitude things will improve {clear sky}. There is a desire for better things {full moon which symbolizes emotional wholeness} despite the deteriorating conditions in which you have grown up. You see better things for your future {in sight}. Your life has progressed {walking} but there are long lasting unconscious attitudes{woman with long black hair- shadow symbol} that influence your thinking {unconscious motivators}. These various attitudes {cars} cause you to be burdened with negative emotions and attitudes {run down cars/semi truck}. You need to learn to discard these old attitudes to in order to be able to obtain proper personal growth {nicer cars}. You have gotten to a point {semi truck getting to a point} in life where you must face your shadow {woman jumping in front} make changes and seek new direction/new attitudes {died}.
Note-death most always represents an end to one aspect and beginning of new aspects. A psychological death and resurrection.
End of analysis

If you continue to work toward improving your life and are able to create new attitudes you will likely have a dream{s} with archetypal images. These type dreams suggest a real break through has taken place. But you need to continue working to obtain a better life. Being Wiccan I suggest you look to the positive aspects this spiritual concept offers. But I also suggest you do not get too involved since there is a danger this positive nature based spirituality will lead you away from the psychological aspects that are at the core of the issues that need to be addressed. Metaphysics {spirituality} are important in achieving a balanced life, one of emotional wholeness, but objectivity is as important. Staying focused on the root causes and resolving the psychological aspects is the path to true wholeness and happiness. If the underlying conditions are not resolved your life will still be influenced by the negatives from your past. There needs to be a true and complete death of the old and a rebirth to the new.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Things have been changing for me, a new job being the main one. I've decided to stop focusing on trying to find someone to be partnered with (a boyfriend/girlfriend), and focus more on bettering myself.

I don't exactly practice Wicca. I know some of the rules, have most of the Rede memorized, but it's not a huge part of my life. It just shapes some of my core values I guess you could say, and some of the ways that I think.

If you'd like I can keep posting dreams to keep you updated. :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20/F/Florida

Hannah,
The dream reflects the progress you are making {new job, bettering yourself}. There are the old issues {deserted highway} but with new hope and being complete {full moon}. The cars are aspects of yourself. Some are run down {from your past} but they start getting nicer {the improvements in your life}. You are looking/seeking for even grander things {Ferrari's and Mercedes} and you know that will take a lot of effort {I walk for hours}. Your positive attitude is reflected in "but don't get tired at all".

The black haired woman could point to shadow issues {as I noted in my analysis}. What color hair does your mother have? Because you do have issues with her there may be aspects about that relationship {repressed aspects she possesses either you also possess or fear of possessing-being like her}. That could apply even if your mother doesn't have black hair but if she does the qualities I mentioned may be an issue. Otherwise the shadow image would point to the weakness of the relationship with her. That issues remains a part of who you are {in front of you}. The semi truck could represent the heavy load to do with that relationship as well as other issues you carry with you from your past.

Overall it is a positive dream but with the caveat you still have the past issues you are emotionally carrying with you. The dream is pointing to a need to work on those issues because if you don't the influences of those experiences will go with you the rest of your life {like a shadow} and influence how you feel and think. These are psychological issues which will be much more harder to work through. But it is essential you do.

Post another recent dream to see what else may be going on in your emotional life you may or may not be aware of.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present