Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Royalty & Conflict

Hi Jerry,

Thanks so much for taking to time to respond. I found your analysis very interesting.

In terms of my relationships in general, the idea that I'm shielding myself from being hurt is spot on. I'm a very shy, reserved person, and I experience a great deal of trouble with and anxiety about opening up to other people for fear that I'll be rejected, invalidated, and hurt by them. While I do have a strong desire for a romantic relationship, thus far I've never actually been in one - this is one source of many deep-seated insecurities. I tend to view myself as undesirable, especially in comparison with other people around me, and the lack of any romantic involvement has only fed those feelings.

Given that I've never had a boyfriend, my relationships with men are confined to friendships and familial relationships. There have never been instances of physical abuse and nothing that I would classify as psychological abuse, per se - rather, it's just the tone of conversations with my father that sometimes make me feel as though my opinions and thoughts are invalid or flat out wrong, especially when I try to bring up an issue or address something he said that I find inappropriate or hurtful, either to myself or others (for example, he flippantly commented that a young man he saw was a 'fag' - please pardon the term, I'm quoting him - somply because of what he was wearing. When I suggested that what he said was uncalled for unkind to say the least, I was ignored entirely and a new topic was brought up). I tend not to speak up very often, and to be completely ignored when I actually do say something is something that hurts me deeply. In my relationship with my brother, there was an instance where, without going into too much detail, he chose something else over the family and I felt as though I wasn't worth enough for him to stay. This was when I was around 14-15, and I believe is one of the contributing factors to my lack of self worth and reluctance to become emotionally attached to anyone.

In regards to doubts about people in authority, I am very much in a place of being separate from my parents in my thoughts and opinions. Clearly we differ greatly in some of them.

So I guess to summarize, I have lots of self-esteem issues stemming from previous relationships, comparison to others, and the absence of romantic relationships. While I deeply desire an intimate, romantic emotional connection, I have trouble seeing that as attainable for me and struggle to allow myself deep emotional connections at all. A final aspect that may be relevant is a desire to be physically strong as well as emotionally fortified.

I'm not sure how relevant all of this is, but thank you again for taking time to look over and respond to this.

Best,
Ashley

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, female, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Just this one

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Ashley,
I appreciate the detailed response. I will provide a full response to your most recent post either later today or in the morning. Understanding what is unconsciously going on upstairs {via your dreams} can help with the waking issues as well as the reasons for them {there are always motivators from imprinting from early life experiences/influences}. Your dreams can reveal what you may nor realize and when you get an understanding of those you are better equipped to deal with them. My task in analyzing dreams is to help in those efforts.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Jerry,

Thanks for letting me know. I eagerly await your response.

Best,
Ashley

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, Female, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Just this one

Ashley,
I apologize for not responding as promised. I sometimes overload myself with tasks and then overlook things I meant to accomplish. Your last post brought me back to the task of looking at your response to my interpretation to see what there may be that would provide further insights to the dream message.

My analyze seems to have pretty well described with what fits with your life. If it fits then it must be a proper analysis. What Jung provides in conceptual theory allows a trained analyst to discern what the dream message{s} are and then a further investigation of the dreamer's life {provided by your response to my analysis} allows even further insights to the dreamer's unconscious mind {which is the true person beyond what the biased ego perceives}. I'll give my thoughts on this and let you take that and determine your next step.

What I see as important from what we have ascertained from the dream as it describes your psychological mind is the father relationship and how it has formed your personality and personal attitudes. Your shyness and reserved attitude most likely had is foundations from early childhood and the relationship with your father. In those earliest years the abusive experiences are imprinted and as you grew older they were constantly re-enforced. The 'psychological' abuse can be and seems likely to have been a key ingredient in your personality/attitudes as an adult. Because every person is different and reacts to environmental experiences based on many factors, the exact reason why his abuse was so dominant in forming your personality would take a deeper look and analysis. But that is an important thing you should consider doing {a deeper look} if you wish to escape the motivating energies the father relationship has implanted onto your psyche. Your shyness and fear of being hurt has a direct link to that relationship. Your self worth is also a product of that relationship and carried over to the negatives related to the brother relationship. Your feelings about your brother leaving and choosing something other than family most likely was also related to the father/son relationship. The same attitude your father demonstrated toward you probably was a big factor in your brother's decision. Although you felt your brother was abandoning you {I am assuming a lot without knowing much about the factors involved} he was likely getting away from your father. But your damaged psyche saw it as a personal experience toward you. That same attitude lives on in the present time and that is what must be resolved if you wish to find healing and wholeness and your life. Having the desired romantic relationship you hope to have is less likely because of these developed attitudes. And even if you were to have a romantic encounter a good possibility it would fail because there would be unresolved unconscious issues related to your father that would get in the way. The issues with your father must be resolved before a successful relationship, romantic or otherwise, will be possible. Therapy seems to be the only answer {self therapy could help if professional consulting isn't possible}.

Let me know your thoughts on my last analysis and perhaps we can find possible avenues that will help your situation. From what you stated in your response to my analysis {and confirmed as a truth from my analysis of your unconscious dream} there is little doubt what the issues are that prevent you from being the whole person you seek to be. The unconscious/motivating energies are strong and removing the grip of those earliest years of psychological abuse by your father is the only way to find healing. This dream pointed to the issues. Future dreams can help in determine where you are in the healing process. When you know what is causing the problem it is much easier to resolve them. The next big step is doing what needs to be done to get there {which requires a lot of desire and discipline}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Hi Jerry,

First and foremost I want to apologize for the extreme delay in my response. I've had exams, and have more exams approaching rapidly, and overall this month has been horrible in terms of my anxiety. I am so incredibly sorry for the delay.

After reading your latest interpretation, I can agree that previous relationships certainly had a hand in shaping my current insecurities. However, I'm having a lot of trouble classing my interactions with my father as abusive; I've never before associated that word with him before, and despite recognizing hurts in the relationship I still wouldn't class it as such. While my brother and I do both have issues in our relationship with him, his leaving was due much more to his own poor decisions than to conflict with our dad. A large part of me balks at calling any of our interactions, even the negative ones, abusive. I haven't had many other dreams that I recall lately, and certainly none that I remember so vividly as the topic of this post. To be honest I still think about it from time to time.

It's somewhat disheartening but not terribly surprising that my particular personality might make it difficult to find a meaningful relationship. In tandem with other fairly recent discoveries about myself, there seem to be plenty of reasons that a relationship may be out of reach, no matter how much I may want one.

Professional therapy, unfortunately, isn't an option. I'm not prepared to open up to my family about my deeper problems and can't afford any kind of treatment on my own.

I'd like to apologize again for the extreme delay in my response! I hope you're doing well.

Best,
Ashley

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, female, CA

stats from 7-14-10 to the present