Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
kidnapping

Both myself and my partner had different dreams last night of our younger of two daughters being kidnapped. In my dream we were at some sort of community event where two of my best guy friends were there and a small crowd of people. Our daughters were outside of the venue to be playing, but when i had gone out to check on them i found my oldest daughter asleep in the middle of a drive way. I carried her back inside and i got very angry at my partner. I was blaming him for the incident and threw a glass of wine in his face. Then i proceeded to try and find our youngest daughter who is only a toddler. I saw two friends who said that they saw a man who just got out of jail take her and i ran screaming running down a nature path trying to find her. Then i woke up. Like i said my partner also had a dream she was kidnapped, but it was much simpler dream. They were at bunnings and a lady took her.

This freaked me out today. Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: female evans head, nsw Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: kidnapping

anonymous,
My sense of the dream, and because your husband had a similar dream, there are issues you both share related to negative experiences. On one level {all dreams have at least two meanings/applications} there may have been recent experiences related to these negative experiences that involved your daughters but not any experiences that involved their kidnapping {symbolically means feelings of being trapped or restricted}. But I sense the primary focus of the dream has to do with where you are in the relationship with your husband {and he with you} as well as where you are in life in general {middle of driveway representing middle of life's journey}. There is a desire to rediscover earlier positive experiences in life and you married relationship. Pressures/anxieties may be causing outward feelings of frustrations and there may be a tendency to project those onto your husband {threw glass of wine in his face}. Finding your youngest daughter would represent rediscovering earlier youthful experiences {she would be you, a norm in dreams}. A toddler in this aspect would represent learning to walk in a new phase of life {accepting where you are in life and moving forward}. The jail is the way you feel about where you are in life/relationship, feeling confined. These are natural aspects {nature path} of getting older as well as the progression of most relationships.

Have you and your husband had experiences where being married has made both of you feel restricted in your natural progression? Is there a sense the relationship is getting stale? Dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor and the images of close relationships {family members} would represent both actual experiences but also would point to inner aspects of the dreamer. Your daughters would be younger aspects of yourself {in your husband dreams they would represent his anima aspects, possibly developing or under developed feminine aspects to do with his emotions {I would need to see his whole dream to give an actual interpretation}. I do believe the dream is addressing issues related to your relationship with your husband as well as where you are in life {getting older, approaching or being in the midlife stage}. Knowing your age may help in verifying this {you did not give your age}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: kidnapping

Thanks, that send to make sense to me. We both feel restricted do to life with young children. We both long for adventure and travel, development of our own selves. I am 33. Yes, age had been a on going thought. I know longer feel like i have the freedom of my youth, but i am not exactly a dinosaur. As far as our relationship goes i suppose it is stale in one sense but we are closely connected. Again feel restricted to the amount of one on one time we have together. My partner just went on holiday by himself, so i suppose that we aliven his spirit. Cheers

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: female evans head, nsw Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present