Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fight at a funeral

Dustin,
My sense is the dream is addressing issues in your life to do with wife but may also go deeper emotions related to how you feel about your mother {the sisters would be aspects of your mother you cast onto your wife}. You possess a contradictory attitude toward your wife because of these inner emotional conflicts. Your need to release emotions over these issues may be taken out on your wife. there may be issues to do with your father also. The guy in his mid 30s who hits your wife may actually be your father hitting your mother and you may be displaying similar tendencies {or anger} toward your wife.

At first I had trouble with the wife images and her sisters. But going back to your Baby Dream and your response about your wife where you said there are 'highs and lows' to the relationship, I sense the sisters represent symbolic qualities of need you identify with. And you spoke of the broken home you came from and the two divorces {another application of the second wife in this dream}. The bad behavior you experience in the relationship along with your own weaknesses makes me believe you are pretty much living your childhood over again except instead of giving up on the marriage as your parents did you are willing to go to extreme degrees to keep the marriage going.

You also stated in your response to the Baby Dream you belong to a religious group where there is a hierarchy that cannot be violated. And because you do have objections to many of what is taught my sense is your interest is associated with your own 'hierarchy of thought' you must stay with your marriage despite the problems and that can not be violated no matter what. This comes from an unconscious attitude related to what I described above about your parents and their 'violating' their vows of marriage. This religious group you belong to is feeding both your need of the hierarchy of thought as well as your sense/objections where you disagree with to some of what is taught. The better self {unconscious} is coming through in your dream {dreams reveal your true self, opposite the bias of the ego} on one hand and these dreams are trying to help you understand the energies that are responsible for the attitudes you have {from childhood and related to parents and marriage}. From what I get from you state about the religious group I would think it is not a positive thing in your life. Not only is feeding the 'hierarchy' aspect it is also not letting you voice your emotions, something that is vital if there is to be a resolution to the deep psychological issues. If you can't consciously voice your true self there is little hope your unconscious self {your true self} will be able to voice what is deep within your psyche that needs to be brought Out {as you are dreams are attempting to do}.

Let me know your thoughts to my interpretation. The funeral in your dream may be symbolic of burying the old self and old attitudes. These dreams could be an important break through for you, if indeed you heed what they have to say and seek ways to resolve the issues I have presented.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Fight at a funeral

It seems like this could be right on. My marriage and life in general have felt very difficult lately. Nothing seems to be going right for me in any area. Physically , mentally, emotionally and spiritually I feel as if I am falling apart.

I had another dream the night before reading this explanation. In my last dream I was just in my house talking to my mom. I told her how sad I was and I felt such despair like I wanted to die, I just felt like collapsing and sobbing because I literally feel so stuck in every aspect of my life for the last 3-5 years. I saw my dead dad and he told me how nice it felt to know when you are going to die, like a relief to leave this trouble I am facing. I don't know how to turn it around.

My church is a source of comfort and simultaneous pain for me. Comfort because I do feel a lot of peace and truth and support, but pain because I feel confused about things that seem out of sync with my value system and what I understand about being Christian.

I want to know all the answers, but I dont trust any answer I receive no matter how blatant it appears. I feel there is no way to know most truths for sure in this life.

I feel a lot of anger at God which seems to sway between blaming him for letting me have these problems followed by a desperateness of wanting him to help me to make sense of them and give me the answers I seek, helping me through this, yet so depressed and contentious that I cannot bring myself to live at the needed spiritual level with prayer and humility and seeking and meditation needed to achieve that desire and receive my answers.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30/arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} tes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present