Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Getting married

pari,
Getting married to your bf is the bringing together of the 'opposites/conflicting' emotions in order to help you resolve the inner conflicts you are having in 'becoming your true self'.
This pretty much answers whether the dream title is actuually describing the primary message of the dream {in dream structure the opening of a dream, what Jung called the exposition, will provide an idea what the dream is focusing on - see Dream Structure}.
The 'suddeness' in 2 days could possibly point to some expected experience, or more likely the number 2 would be a symbol for a 'union', as well as the 'conflict' you have in real life on getting married at this time {remember all dreams, all dream images have at least two applications/meanings}. The 'confusion and going with the flow' is a real life experience in how you are living life. This is opposite how you truly wish to live your life which is what needs to be married {living in the real world vs living the life you wish to live}. You simply wish to be your true self {dress is a symbol for your ego persona and would point to bringing together the ego life in accord with your inner true self}. The friend would be the actual person {aspects you identify with-being the photographer} as well as another part of yourself, possibly pointing to positive aspects but also rejected aspects. This 'inner friend' is an unconscious energy/photograph depicting a reflection of who you are vs who you wish to be. Bringing those together is the primary message of the dream as well as what you 'truly' wish for in your life. The rest of the first paragraph is pretty much describing your waking ego life as it is vs your true self. Your true self {your 'bare' ego self} doesn't have makeup and reflects not having to wear makeup to cover who you really are and want to be. The more you look inward to your true self {which is the path you are trying to follow} the more beautiful you are, the plain self without ego bias nor social/family obligations to hinder you. Your life will be really good after the mental conflicts {hair} are resolved.

Regretting not buying the dress {ego persona} for yourself may point to the conflicts of being your true self {following the opening statement}. Something recent may have caused you to have to go against being your true self, conflicting emotions perhaps {the conversation with your parents about taking 6 months off from studying medicine may be involved}. You don't wish to have to do something against your will and since you have decided to take 6 months off and have informed your parents, its too late to change your mind????

Then there seems to be 'further' action {emotional/actual experiences} involved in recent days {prior to the dream}. Your bf would likely point to some aspect of that relationship {only you could know} but at the same time represent your own masculine self. The friends could point to positive aspects and because it has always been your 'dream' for these 'positive' aspects {friends} to marry {come together}, your decision to take 6 months off could be pointing to your looking forward to the future in being your true self so you can be truly happy. It is a difficult task and you are trying to stay positive despite the conscious obstacles. The part about 'why me, why should it be my wedding, really don't want to get married' would be a conscious experience as well as a conflict in itself since you are afraid of long term relationships {an attitude that you need to address sometime in the future since it too probably has roots in childhood and needs resolution}.

All in all I see the dream as positive as well as reflecting your real conscious and unconscious life. If you look at the hero/heroine journey there are always barriers, dragons {in myth} to be slain to achieve your goal {rescue the damsel in distress}. In Buddhism there is the concept that no matter how good life is there will be sorrow. A part of life as it is today {In Iran as well as everywhere else} is the difficulty in being who you really wish to be. If it is not government oppressing you it is corporations {as it is in the US} and because of their ability to control so many aspects of daily life {in the US we are addicted to material things}. But the hero/heroine does not let society dictate how to live life, you follow your soul. In Iran you have a different set of circumstances with strict Islamic rules {how much of that applies in reality I can only read what is printed}. But whether it be the state {as in Star Wars where George Lucas used Joseph Campbell's Monomyth as the format for his movies}, unbridled capitalism {as in the US} or society itself, the hero/heroine finds ways to progress in their desire to be their true self. To not be your true self {as most people live their lives} is live life without meaning, void of being truly whole. It is much better to have tried than to wish you had {living an inauthentic life as most do}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you very much for your interpretation:)
well I did guess that the marriage is something about reunion of two opposites.and I think it is applicable to my life right now.
there are just some points that I want to explain:
I think the part about watching my self without make-up in the mirror and realizing that I'm beautiful really explains my life,and even in reality sometimes these days I tend to look in the mirror and think I look more beautiful after taking all these actions to live my true self!I don't know..It's a strange feeling!
I think the conflicts and the acts that are not aligned with my true self relate to this condition that after telling my father about medical school I'm planning to move out and as I have some concerns about him reacting bad I'm trying to act somehow conservatively in the house and that's really bugging me cause that's not "me".
and I think the fear of getting married is just a reflection of very same fear in reality in my life which I should investigate more as you said.
you are one of my main motivations not to give up these days and keep following my instincts and I've just started to read the hero with thousand faces and as I go through every stage I can relate to many things that has happened to me in these few months and on "my" journey to this point .
Thanks alot for guiding me in this way.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25/female/Iran

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Pari,
You are indeed brave to follow your own path. Especially at such a young age. There will always be sorrows in life but by being your true self you will avoid many negative aspects your friends will have to suffer through. When your job in life is what you love doing most then it is not a job. When you follow your soul and not what society dictates then you will fulfill your soul and society will follow you. When you follow the hero path doors will open where there were none. This was Joseph Campbell's message and from experience {21 years since I first began my inner journey} I know it works. Live spiritually {beyond religion and in accord with nature} and think psychologically {objectively and not emotionally}. The laws of Karma trump all other laws since what happens to a person is most often a result of their own actions. You take control of your life and find meaning in doing so. Simple equations that have endured through the ages.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Dear Jerry,
I'd be happy to read your thoughts on my second dream posted here if you have any time to work on it:)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24/female/Iran

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Pari,
Thanks for reminding me. I had overlooked it with all the posts and events. I'll work on it today and try to have a response by tomorrow {long dreams can take time}.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present