Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: barefoot in mud

Jerry, you are so kind.

Truly, your responses have been the kindest words I have had from anyone for several weeks. I will let you know how I get on or if there are anymore profound dreams.

warmest regards

Denise

Hi Jerry,

I didnt know whether to start a new thread for this one or not.

I dreamed that I was walking down a road, it was meant to be my home town, but in my dream looked nothing like it, but my dream self was at home there. I could see the sea and it was tempestuous. I came to a road I had to cross, and it was flooded with the same tempestuous sea. The water took the form and shape of the road, did not spill over the road sides, so it looked more like a river without banks.

Someone from my past young student days, a man, (just an acquaintance, nothing more) was just making his way across in my direction and gave me some friendly advice that I had better choose another way. I was enjoying the spray of the water on my face, it was not like sea water, but nice clear fresh water. And had the urge to have a paddle at the edges. (I dont remember doing so)

I shrugged and turned back the way I had come. I walked along a road (again supposedly my home town, but the dreamscape was different, tho my dream self felt familiar with it). I passed a film crew filming a man in a car pulled up at the roadside talking to the camera.

My viewpoint then became like the camera and as I passed the man in the car, I panned around the area, and pulled back to get a wider picture of a building which my dream self recognised as a school. As a student I trained as a teacher, and this is my job now as a relief / cover teacher. I have not gone back to work this term yet.

Im not sure if it was connected but the following dream was, I was in this same area with a group of girls from my student days and we were looking at houses to share. It was supposed to be the area I lived as a student. In reality, they were 3 storied town houses. These same houses were in my dream and we were choosing our rooms. I was paired with a girl who was my best friend in uni, we could choose either the ground floor or top floor and we were weighing up the pros and cons.In reality,we fell out and I havent seen her since those days. Thats all I can remember except an ex-boyfriend from that time also made an appearance.

I do not like the sea. It scares me, and overwhelms me. In the distant past when I have seen it in dreams it is usually a tsunami or an uncontrollable flood. I understand this to mean my emotions. Also in recent years I have had the same image of a controlled flood, following roads and pathways and not spilling over.

House with many rooms often enters my dreamworld too. Im not entirely sure what this means. Im usually excited in these dreams and enjoy the exploration of the many rooms and want all the space to put my things in. Sort of planning and organising how these rooms are going to serve me. I have a feeling they represent the areas of my life, and how I compartmentalise my life to have it neat and tidy.

I would be interested to hear your take on these two re-occurring images I get.

warmest regards

Denise

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48, Female, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Anonymous,
I will provide an interpretation of your dream Sunday. Busy today getting feral cats neutered {a colony I support} and in new housing, working tomorrow to earn money to pay for their upkeep.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

many thanks. Have a good weekend :-)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

Anonymous,
Here is my analysis of your dream. I will provide further comments tomorrow on the last parts of your post. This dream is very positive as you will see from my analysis. I have broken the dream down by paragraph and analyzed each. I believe you will see the positive take on the dream by reading my analysis.

DreamI dreamed that I was walking down a road, it was meant to be my home town, but in my dream looked nothing like it, but my dream self was at home there. I could see the sea and it was tempestuous. I came to a road I had to cross, and it was flooded with the same tempestuous sea. The water took the form and shape of the road, did not spill over the road sides, so it looked more like a river without banks.

AnalysisSeeing your true self which is the 'tempting' part of who you wish/need to be. This true aspect resides within the unconscious but there are other aspects {roads} in your journey/path you must cross {therapy?} to realize this and achieve complete wholeness in your conscious life. Your unconscious guides your conscious life {takes the shape of the road} and presents endless opportunties to self discovery and potential {river without banks}.

Dream Someone from my past young student days, a man, (just an acquaintance, nothing more) was just making his way across in my direction and gave me some friendly advice that I had better choose another way. I was enjoying the spray of the water on my face, it was not like sea water, but nice clear fresh water. And had the urge to have a paddle at the edges. (I dont remember doing so)

Analysis Developing masculine aspects that will provide valuable insights. Your unconscious is communicating these masculine aspects {film crew/man talking to camera}.

Dream I shrugged and turned back the way I had come. I walked along a road (again supposedly my home town, but the dreamscape was different, tho my dream self felt familiar with it). I passed a film crew filming a man in a car pulled up at the roadside talking to the camera.

AnalysisYour view/knowledge of yourself is expanding. You are gaining a new perspective of yourself getting a wider view of the unconscious aspects that motivate your personality and behavior. You are learning more about yourself, inner and outer.

I see positive signs you are 'driving' in the right direction from this dream. You are open to self therapy and it is responding by providing new insights to your inner world. There may be recent personal experiences the dream is addressing but the inner self is definitely a primary fpcus of this dream. A positive dream, a good sign.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Wow, thank you Jerry :-)

I look forward to the rest of your interpretation.

btw, my rose tree is continuing to produce late flowers. White ones :-)

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Anonymous,
My take on the added info and partial second dream is as follows.

Comments on Second Dream
Past experiences as a student where decisions were made involving issues of true self {same area}. Experiences where that had requirements. Requirements that did not fit completely with true desires/wishes. Making choices to do with these desires. The choices were between conscious aspects vs unconscious {what is required/what you really want}. Failure to follow your heart.

Your Added Comments
The sea is symbolic of the unconscious and/or your emotions. The deeper the water the deeper the emotions or emotional energies. The uncontrollable flood/tsunami would symbolize a flood of emotional energies, something you may be afraid of since the energies are related be undesirable experiences {afraid of the sea}. The controlled flood would be your ability to control the emotional issues so they either would not cause problems for the ego or you are countering the emotional energies by following your own path. These emotional energies would be in one aspect related to the decisions as a student and/or from personality/ attitudes developed from early life experiences.

The house with many rooms would be you {house} with your many emotions or aspects that make up who you are {personality/attitudes}. The exploration of the rooms would be exploring your inner self and the excitement those things that fulfill your soul {vs the ego requirements of society which I believe the dreams are partially if not entirely focused}. The space to put all your things would be that soulful place were you wish/need to be. Also, on a different level and second application they would apply to your compartmentalizing things in your life so they are neat and tidy. This would require the question and answer to why you have this attitude {compartmentalizing} which may provide answers to decision making reasons.

Summary
The second dream and the comments you provided seem to be about personality and attitudes and the foundations for them. The second dream seems to be about what choices and decisions to be made. Often these type images point to whether you follow society and making money and importance of career, or whether you follow your soul and do what would fulfill it. The compartmentalizing may come from early life learning {student years and/or early life training/experiences/influences}. Out personalities and attitudes are not developed just out of the blue but have foundations of experiences/influences. These would go the core issues of why you are 'barefoot in the mud' to begin with. If you take the word barefoot and look at its possible meanings if could represent not having shoes which would point to a lack of solid foundations {childhood}. These issues become unconscious motivators in later life and depending on how your life evolves could/would be major factors {being stuck in the mud}.

I have given a lot to think about. The original dream does seem to be very positive which for me indicates you are at a turning point in your life. Although the experiences of your breakup are instrumental in how you have been feeling the underlying causes for your personality/attitude are also major contributors. If being barefoot is taking as not having shoes/proper foundations then that could lead to you having a lack of confidence in yourself and low self-assurance and or issues with self-identity. As with most everything in life there is the 'cause and effect' to why things happen {Karma-the natural law I follow in life}. Why your love was so 'unconditional' and why the breakup affected you in the way it did. These could go to foundations as much or more than just the experiences. The positive tone of the first dream may point to going past those unconscious issues {a beginning} by examining your inner self. I believe that when a person begins to work with their dreams they begin to discover things that were available all along but never realized. Not only about their ego lives but also understanding the powers of the unconscious as well as 'metaphysical' properties that lead a person to follow their soul {creativity/spirituality}. Exploring the inner space will reveal what the outer space is made of as well as why it has evolves as it has.

I look forward to your comments.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

there is a lot to think about here. In my life I have started things and not followed them through, probably because I lack self-confidence as you have said. I trained as a teacher in uni but didnt teach. I married and had children and was a stay at home mum. I studied homeopathy for 2 yrs but did not complete the course due to lack of funding. This worries me now about the psychotherapy course I am interested in doing.

I went back to teaching a few years ago but being a single mum has made that difficult too. I have identified myself as co-dependant and have a fear of independence. I have to sell my home in 2 years and have no idea what to do from there. I worry a lot about my future and sometimes look back at all the missed opportunities I was afraid to see through.

I guess I am still looking for my Prince Charming to rescue me, as going it alone is a very scary thought. I feel trapped and stuck, but by my own making. Wrong or bad choices and a poor support network.

I will think more on this.

thank you so much for taking the time to interpret the dreams I have told you about.

warmest regards

Denise

Hello Jerry,

I am quite excited to tell you about my recent dreams and my own interpretation of them.

Earlier this week I had dreams about groups of people I used to be involved with. One was about Brownies, (Girl Guides), I was a leader for 7 years before I had children. The other was about a church group. No details remembered just a nice feeling of days past.

I also had a dream I was dancing with a man, a slow tender dance, and at one point he picked me up and I put my legs around his waist and could see my bare feet again.

The most profound dream I had was about a mother and child. The mother seemed to be stalking me, she was everywhere I went, she was nice, so was the daughter. She told me that the child was my daughter who she had adopted but she wanted her to get to know her real mother, me.

Just yesterday my 16 yr old self came knocking. She reminded me that I once had a dream to be self-sufficient and live on a hippy commune with like minded people. I made the decision to start planning for a future doing just that. Now is the right time for me. In 2-3 years I have to sell my home, my children will have flown the nest and I am not secure enough in work to carry on here. I have decided to make enquiries and meet new people who can help me escape the rat race and bring all my life skills - teaching, healing, homeopathy, herbalism, flower essences, story telling, breastfeeding councellor tarot, astrology and more - to a group of people who will appreciate them, and me, and who will be supportive of me.

hence my dreams were telling me that I need to belong, be a part of a group, a family again.

The dancing dream I saw as integration of myself.

The mother and child dream was my own inner child coming back to me :-)

Since a week ago, things have been much better for me. I have had spiritual healing, soul retrieval and homeopathy and the fog is clearing for me. I have felt much more stable. My divination work is stronger and I am perceiving messages and listening to my inner child.

I just wanted to tell you how I was, and ask you what you think about these new dreams.

many blessings

Denise

stats from 7-14-10 to the present