Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Deceased stepfather

Sara,
Dreams are about the emotions. Not just what you think you feel consciously but your true emotions without the ego bias. Getting to the emotional energies your dream is trying to communicate is what I try to do in analyzing/interpreting the emotional energies. The images/actions are symbolic of these true emotions and 'translating'/interpreting those is how we are able to get to the message the dream is trying to communicate. The reason for this is there is an emotional conflict you have that needs to be understood and resolved. Here is what I come up with from your dream.

The primary emotion and message of your dream seems to be anger. Because what you posted is most likely only a part of the whole dream, which would better explain the anger, it is a bit difficult to understand where your anger is directed. But, unless there is something negative 'hidden' in the relationship with your stepfather I see the dream/true anger {better clarity with the additional info you provided} being directed at your brother. Here is how I have interpreted the images/actions to help your understand the symbolic/metaphorical language of dreams {as well as to how I interpret the dream}.

-stepfather-real person
-Grandmother-nurturing, protection, and unconditional love
-stepfather sitting next to Grandmother -real person/substituting love, nurturing
-next to-equal to Grandmother {your stepfather}
-taking care of-literal actions
-holding -embracing/influencing/dominating toddler {a child who is just beginning to walk/go forward in life}
-in his arms-dependence on him
-caring for it-displaying love/kindness
-for what ever reason-unknown emotions
-anger/did not speak-can not express negative feelings
-listen/explain-unconscious message communicating emotional aspects
-in distance-subconsciously directing emotions
-saw younger brother who is named -younger brother 'the named person'
-after stepfather-inherited values
-just standing there looking healthy-in name only/in looks only, looking healthy {when in fact he is not}
The last part may also point to a different way your stepfather treated your brother, more of a 'healthy' and different relationship than with you. Often girls are treated with more discipline than boys by fathers/stepfathers.

Explaining the Images/actions
The dream begins with showing your true emotions about your grandfather {love but with discipline}, providing direction beginning in your young life. Then it changes directions {a norm in dreams} and points to the emotional anger you feel. Emotions you have not or can not voice/communicate for one reason or another {perhaps it is still unconscious, and real, and yet has become conscious}. The 'named' person is your younger brother which could/would indicate where the anger is directed. Whereas you and your brother were raised by your stepfather {remember the beginning of the dream points to the love you have for him}, you/brother should have inherited the values from your stepfather. But your brother is in name only, not actual, not real. Your brother is looking healthy which is opposite to the truth which would suggest what should have been a healthy brother raised by a loving but strict stepfather is not honoring/following {after stepfather} the example of your stepfather. Your brother has no discipline, has unraveled after the death of your stepfather {your brother may have had the same positive feelings toward your sf prior to his death}.

To be honest my first inclination was to look at negative emotions you possess toward your stepfather. But with the added info and re-examining the dream with that knowledge I can see where the dream anger is being directed at your brother {albeit unconscious/subconscious, not yet expressed}. Unless there are negative experiences involving you and your stepfather {and not having the the whole dream to work with} the best candidate for the anger {symbolically meaning real anger, frustrations, negative feelings, unpleasant emotions} would be your brother. The last part of the dream is pointing in that direction. And just as with interpreting the symbolic language of dreams , interpreting the actions must be not always taken in literal context as well. The language and actions must form a pattern of emotional behavior for it to be applicable to your waking life and true emotions.
Note:- One of the few times people should be taken literal {the real person and not just symbolic} is when the person is a close loved relationship. A known friend would be represent qualities about that person you identify with. An unknown person would represent an unknown part of you the dreamer. But even close relationships can be symbolic {and be literal at the same time since in all dreams/all dream images have at least two meanings/applications.

Summary
If there are not any 'hidden' repressed negative experiences you had with your stepfather then I see the dream anger being directed toward your brother. If there should be 'hidden'/unconscious anger related to experiences involving to other aspects the images of him {symbolically could represent 'substitute' for your real father} and your brother {symbolically representing a very close and important animus/masculine aspect within you. Perhaps another dream will give clarity to these questions.

Jerry

A Message From Gerald

Forum
Host/Moderator/Analyst

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Help Me Keep My Services FREE

The cost of maintaining the DREAM FORUM, my websites and my dedication to caring for my neighborhood felines strains my resources

I NEED YOUR HELP

Please Contribute
$1.00/$5.00...Any Amount You Can Give

Use PayPal {Donate Button} or mail contribution to:

Gerald Gifford 1876 Baylor Ct., Cocoa, Fl. 32922

Secure Payment with PayPal

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present