Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Hot Tub Turtles

Thank you Gerry. Let me try and make your job easier by going making it more clear punctuation etc.
So the first part of the dream is very hazy and seems to have been about living near a ski resort yet it was still my family home. There was a smartphone app to do with telling the depth of the snow I believe. It did this using different coloured orbs purple green and another colour but I cannot remember the details of this app except that it wasn't working correctly.
The second section of the dream is me going to the toilet. I go for a pee in the toilet. There is a spider on the back of the toilet so I avert my stream in order not to hurt her. Then a transformation occurs. The toilet turns into a hot tub as I am still urinating. The spider goes out on the water and emerges from some hot tub foam as a grasshopper wih downy grey white hair. He is on the back of a turtle and there is also another turtle in the water now. I am amazed and leave the room.
I go to tell my brother about this event. I am in a corridor and he is there cutting his ex-girlfriends hair and they are joking about still being together. I tell him about the turtles and he replies that he already knew about them in fact he got sick of them and threw them in there.
The next section of the dream now follows in the sitting room of my family home. It is the same as home with the addition of a lifeguard up the back of the room as if there is a swimming pool up there. There is a group of us sitting around talking about The Blizzards (an Irish music band). They are talking like superfans obsessed talking about specific songs on specific albums. While the group is talking Kathy my brothers ex secretly asks Fuji (a Japanese guy I worked with for a little while he's an electrician and always on his laptop in his spare time) to put all of the Blizzards music onto my brothers iPod. It is some kind of secret plot to tug his heart strings so that they will end up getting back together. At this point the scene shifts. The lifeguard walks past us and leaves and now we are at the other end of the sitting room where the lifeguard had been before (no swimming pool just the normal real life sitting room). There is me my brother his ex and his old best friend Ben. Ben is talking to Kathy about the Blizzards and they are connecting really well. John gets offended by this and leaves saying to Ben on the way out 'I fell in love with this girl' and leaves. All the while this has been happening I have been looking at Ben and how much he has changed he has gained a lot of muscle on what used to have been a very skinny frame. I am starting at him trying to see the old Ben in there. I miss the old Ben when I am looking at him. This Ben is much less affable. He is more macho and confident. Me and my brothers ex are sitting down while my brother and Bem were standing throughout this scene.

This is the dream as well as I can communicate it. Hope this helps :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 travelling Australia but from Ireland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Nope

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Absolutely!

Jimmy,
This rewritten version I can understand and see developing patterns. I will post my interpretation of the images/actions below my final analysis to give you {and others who follow my dream work} an idea of how I came about my conclusions {although I won't elaborate on just how I came to each interpretation due to the length of time that would take}.

There are two parts to the dream, one about the negative aspects related to emotional conflicts and the other a 'transformation' of sorts that is helping you {at least temporarily} get past the negatives. The dream begins with a 'hazy' understanding of unconscious energies as well as why you are experiencing changes that affect those motivating energies {underlying causes for personality and attitudes}. It also ends with the same actions but with a sense something positive is occurring in your waking as well as unconscious life. The attitudes {negative} I speak of seem to be deep and strong, emotional conflicts that are so strong that are destructive to your personal growth and affect what should be {naturally} a positive personality. This would point to underlying emotional issues that most likely come from early foundations/experiences/influences. You probably are likely to shied yourself from these early life aspects {perhaps repress them} in order that your ego self doesn't have to experience emotional pain in the present time. This would be the negative aspects the dream is trying to communicate in order that you can understand them and hopefully resolve them.

The positive is related to the transformation. And it seems to be associated with spiritual or metaphysical aspects. But this part doesn't have a long involvement in the dream which may indicate it is a short experience {in terms of the longevity of your life's experiences}. My sense is, and from this comes from the information you included in the 'Age/Gender & Location' question I ask when posting a dream, this 'transformation is related to 'travelling Australia but from Ireland'. Are these travels providing a new perspective in/on life? No doubt they are taking you away from your normal routine back in Ireland as well as any emotional issues related to being at home and in your usual environment. Being in Australia allows you to temporarily escape the negative attitudes. These positive aspects are in the second and third paragraphs {see below}.

But then the dream goes back to the core emotional issues that remain unresolved. The final paragraphs seem to point to some of the reasons for these issues and a need to understand them so you can 'vocalize' them consciously and find a way to resolve them. The last paragraph in particular points to a need to 'go to the source' of the reasons for the negative emotions/attitudes which may suggest not only confronting them but the persons responsible for them. Although the last parts of the dream do point to the fact the issues remain there seems to be a renewed strength that could help with resolving the issues. This may be from your trip to Australia and gaining new perspectives beyond the 'old world' you have lived emotionally as well as physically. The very last of the dream seems to be teetering on the negatives and the positives which may suggest if you take the new gained perspectives and use them as a catalyst for changes in your life when you return home you will put yourself in a position of resolving the underlying causes and thus eliminating their ability to influence your personality and actions now and forever.

Let me note before I provide an interpretation of the images/actions that as an experienced dream analyst I can only see the outlines of the dream and can not provide a lot on recent experiences {from the dream} that would be a part of the dream along with its intended message about the underlying issues, causes and resolution. All dreams, all dream images have at least two interpretations/applications with one directed at the underlying issues/causes to personality and attitudes. Another would address recent experiences where there were strong emotional energies Usually negative but could be positive}. One would be tied to the other {personality types have a tendency to act in a certain way}. If any of the people named in the dream are with you on your trip to Australia you may want to examine recent experiences with them and see what that might involve. If not then they would be associated with the emotional issues and be mostly metaphorical of aspects they possess and/or past experiences that define the emotional issues.

Interpreted Images/Actions
first paragraph
-hazy-still unconscious
-ski resort/family home-life mired in mental stress needing to escape from emotional conflicts
-smartphone app-applying ability to be receptive to unconscious contents
-depth of snow-depths of repressed emotions/inhibitions
-colored orbs-self regulating mechanisms {natural} that would prove positive but not functioning

second paragraph
-toilet/peeing-emotional release
-spider on back of toilet-self destructive energies that need elimination
-avoid hurting her-avoid consciously addressing issues/repressing them so the experiences will not cause emotional hurt to ego self
-transformation-a needed change of psyche development
-turns into hot tub while urinating-unveiling aspects of your unconscious
-spider turns into grasshopper-self destructive energies turns into positive growth
-downy grey white hair-prosperous attitudes brought about by clearing the psyche
-on back of turtle-shielding unconscious contents
-another turtle in water-achieving progress in understanding unconscious contents

third paragraph
-tell brother-a close related aspect/spiritual/metaphysical? {perhaps a quality your brother possesses}
-in corridor/cutting his xgf's hair-passage from one stage to another/cutting away old emotional attitudes
-joking being together-unconscious release of negative attitudes {affecting conscious life}

fourth paragraph
-sitting room family home-idle aspect of total self/aspects/complexes
-same home/with lifeguard-old self keeping unconscious emotions well guarded
-swimming pool up there-receptive acceptance of unconscious contents/mental attitudes
-group around pool- group of emotional complexes
-blizzards-absence of warmth/parental relationships?
-superfan obsessed-compulsive emotional complex
-specific song/specific albums-specific complex
-Kathy/Fuji/music onto brother's IPod-emotional energies that need to be vocalized in order for you to be able to express yourself
-secret plot/tug his heart strings-unconscious aspects to force emotional issues unify the whole self

scene shifts
-lifeguard walks past/leaves-guarded emotions emerge/retreat
-other end of sitting room-transforming the divisions by going to source
-me, brother, his ex, Ben-wholeness being guided by masculine aspects {lacking balance}
-Ben/Kathy connecting well-bringing balance
-John offended/leaves/love with girl-one aspect involves intense emotions of resentment which must be eliminated
-Ben changed-positive aspects of changes/transformation in your life
-gained muscle on skinny frame-obtained strength on what was a weak foundation
-looking for old Ben-looking for old attitudes
-miss Ben when looking at him-absence of positive qualities in appearance/personality
much less affable-much less dependent on old personality/ attitudes
-more confident/macho-obtained positive qualities
-me/brother's ex sitting/Ben/brother standing-passive emotional aspects replaced by assertiveness

Jerry

A Message From Gerald

Forum
Host/Moderator/Analyst

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Help Me Keep My Services FREE

The cost of maintaining the DREAM FORUM, my websites and my dedication to caring for my neighborhood felines strains my resources

I NEED YOUR HELP

Please Contribute
$1.00/$5.00...Any Amount You Can Give

Use PayPal {Donate Button} or mail contribution to:

Gerald Gifford 1876 Baylor Ct., Cocoa, Fl. 32922

Secure Payment with PayPal

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,
Thank you so much for your response it is full of marvels and surprises. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me understand and I hope you can help me further. All of this is a big surprise to me. From my own interpretation I could not find these potentially hidden depths.
My first reaction incredulity. I am really not sure what to make of it. It makes sense and yet it seems wrong though I am suspicious of this suspicion of mine and it seems to me that that's what one would say if such were the case. The repressed is done behind the consciousness and so of course the consciousness would rebel against the repressed being revealed.
On the other hand my curiosity is ignited and excited by the possibility that you are onto something. Given what you have told me I wonder how I could proceed. I suppose I could simply accet that the material is repressed and move on. I could dismiss what you have said and move on. But if I want to continue the process of individuation and integrate or reintegrate this repressed material how could I proceed? The idea of incubating dreams to tease more out calls to me as a possibility. Do you have any advice on how I could proceed to understand these emotional conflicts and face these demonscould I also ask you to again explain to me what part of the dream material you discerned your statement about "attitudes {negative} I speak of seem to be deep and strong, emotional conflicts that are so strong that are destructive to your personal growth and affect what should be {naturally} a positive personality".
Thanks again for whatever help you can give me in this process,
Jimmy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Nope

Jimmy,
If you will bare with me while I catch up on other posted dreams I will address your questions. Also if you will provide some details about your travels in Australia and if indeed that has given you a break from a routine back at home that would be helpful. I am supposing this trip has something to do with the positive aspects in the dream I noted. Also any info you feel comfortable with about your childhood. To fully engage in the Individuation Process the whole life must be examined, especially the early formative years. Most emotional conflicts begin in these 'foundational' years and become the subject of our dreams as long as they remain unresolved.

Jerry

A Message From Gerald

Forum
Host/Moderator/Analyst

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

The cost of maintaining the DREAM FORUM, my websites and my dedication to caring for my neighborhood felines strains my resources

I NEED YOUR HELP

Please Contribute

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Jerry,
No problem please take your time there is no rush at all. So as far as routine goes travelling has not really destroyed any routine. I've not actually been living in Ireland but Scotland for the last four years. I've been studying at a university there (philosophy if that helps) so my routine has often changed depending on the time of the year and whatever projects I was working on in my personal life at the time. I have given up alcohol and drugs last year when I first arrived in Australia so perhaps that is an element? Also when I came to Australia I was in a strict routine in my attempts to master lucid dreaming. I was getting up after five hours of sleep everyday for two hours of writing meditating and visualisation before returning to bed for a couple of hours. This routine was disrupted a few months into Australia so perhaps this is the kind of routine you may be speaking of. But of course this was not a long standing routine but only a few months old.
As for my childhood I had a pretty easygoing and peaceful childhood. I was a shy kid and really sensitive. My parents were lovely to me and I always got on with my two older brothers. I had no real traumas or dramas as a kid I was really smart I was quiet and easy to tears. I mostly remember our family holidays which were always a treat. Perhaps I did not get as much love as a sensitive kid needs? I read a lot of books and played a lot of football (soccer) and games with our group of friends.

Jimmy,
I'll provide a detailed response on Sunday. Saturdays I work with the family construction business {I am retired} to help feed my felines so Sunday is the best day to give proper time to a response.

Jerry

Jimmy,
If you really want to discover any issues that are not conscious then a self examination is required. Jung's Individuation Process is the route I took and suggest as an excellent way to make such discoveries. Not only does this self psychology reveal unconscious issues it also can lead to discoveries related to creative and spiritual aspects. It is from these aspects true meaning in life comes, finding those inner qualities that make life worth living. Creative aspects, a type work or effort you love doing most, serving in a capacity that fits your soul and not what society dictates. From the depths of the darkness of the unconscious lies the true self, the person who you bare and why you are that person as well as the person you were meant to be.

You say you have suspicions. Is there anything in your childhood that would cause such suspicions? Our foundations, especially the earliest years of life are where we obtain the ingredients that form our personality and general attitudes. A lack of good parenting {even if you had a prosperous life} where a parent or parents did not provide the required nurturing is often the basis for most emotional issues in later life. Traumatic experiences as a child of any kind also will leave impressions on the psyche that can alter proper personal growth. Even a lack of love for a sensitive personality can become an issue. A very deep examination of childhood is necessary, beyond what is perceived as positive experiences, going to the moments you remember and examining them for important content. Memories are often formed because there was something 'important' about the experiences.

We must also consider genetics, what DNA we are born with that could alter normal psyche behavior. Serial killers usually had terrible childhoods but not everyone who had a terrible childhood become serial killers {although there is often likely a 'disruption' of normal behavior necessary for proper personal growth}. If there is something you 'feel' that is not right and there is nothing from early life then genetic makeup could be possible. People who suffer chronic depression have emotional issues but the severity of their depression is a neurological disease, not just psychological.

This is where you begin and follow through in all stages of life {again the early years being the most important}. You are at an age where any negative issues will come up in personality, where unconscious energies take a lead in how you live your life. Life choices are not just random, they are affected if not dictated by early life formations. Although unrelated and/or chance events will affect these motivating energies will have an influence on how life plays out.

As for disruption of routine. My intent was to bring about recollection of the routine you had a s a younger person that would have changed when you moved away from Ireland/Scotland. That would go to childhood experiences that may not have been positive and may have changed when you moved. Has there been a noticeable change in your life by the move, one that may have helped with any negative imprinting from early life? Look at this and see what might be there.

You state you have been attempting to master lucid dreaming. How much knowledge do you have of dreams? Do you have any knowledge of dream psychology {what I practice} or Jungian psyche. I am not a big fan of lucid dreaming because it can get in the way of the natural aspects of sleep and dreams. Dreams are nature's tool to help heal the psyche {as the immune system is to the body the dream is to the psyche}. If the intent is to control your dreams so to 'play' then you are doing yourself a disservice and altering the natural intent of the dream. If you use lucid dreaming is aiding the healing process then you are using it properly. Anytime dreams are altered you risk psyche damage and possible psychological because when you go into the dark depths you are in unexplored realms. There are no such things as real demons, monsters etc. but illusionary demons in the mind are just as bad. They can be destructive and prevent self discovery and healing.

Normal sleep is also important including continuous sleep and not napping for short periods of time. We know all about the stages of sleep and REM sleep is known to be when we do most of our dreaming. Short circuiting this mechanism not only alters the natural psyche process but can be harmful physically. What affects the psyche affects the body, what the body experiences becomes a psyche event.

Let me analyze the dream again with the added information you have provided. I have found those who have any measure of exploration the deep psyche {including lucid dreaming} have dreams that reflect that exploration. The dream message is not so much altered but has a focus on something other than the usual energies in dreams. I take my analyzing of dreams seriously and my success in interpreting dream images/actions is, in my mind and from the *evidence, 'remarkable'. If there is explanation beyond my analyzing of a dream there is a good reason for it. I have had such experiences where my interpretation of the images/actions were proper but the application was not because of exploration of deep psyche energies by the dreamer. But even with that it usually doesn't alter the deeper issues. There is always something emotionally involved the images/actions point to, always.

* My Dream Forum is a catalog of my work. Ten plus years of analyzing dreams with responses. I have always experienced good success interpreting dreams {using basic Jungian concepts and an intuitive mind} but in the past couple of years my success has been nothing short of phenomenal. And as with everything I expose as truth I instruct people to read the posted dreams and see for themselves. For a quick examination of this I direct you to my Facebook page where I began posting the dreams from the forum. A developed intuitive mind is a metaphysical experiences, something beyond the norm but still explainable by objective reasoning. If it exists it is because natural created it. Just as with dreams being the healing mechanism I mentioned earlier.

Jerry

A Message From Gerald

Forum
Host/Moderator/Analyst

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

FREE SERVICE

Feral Cat Rescue Fund

I NEED YOUR HELP

Please Contribute

stats from 7-14-10 to the present