Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bizarre vivid dream

Jerry,

I apologize for taking so long with this reply. I've been swamped with work for the past week.

I did have the chance to read your latest reply, though, and I've taken it to heart as much as I am able to. The gist of what I gathered was that my insecurities really are the reason for the emotional turmoil I've been feeling lately, and that I need to remove myself from the current situation as much as possible while I work through my own problems. I can't be happy until I take care of me, I realize, and I suppose that some small part of me has known this all along.

I get the feeling that fear has played a large part in my neglect of myself, mainly the fear that I will give so much energy and time to my emotional healing, and that it really won't help at all. However I have been doing what I can, because the misery I was feeling a week ago was so overwhelming that I was lashing out and hurting those people I care about. Never physically, but emotionally. I've been shutting out the ones who want nothing more than for me to be happy, and that is unacceptable.

I feel that the third paragraph most accurately describes what I've been going through for the last week. It seems that my self-healing has met with some resistance, whether it's from my own subconscious habit of self-sabotage or from outside parties wishing misery on me, I cannot say for sure. I do know that it has been difficult to heal, because once I manage to separate myself from the drama, part of it manages to trickle back in, effectively halting my healing process until it can be dealt with. The good news is that it sets me back less and less as time goes on. Rather than be sucked fully back down into the darkness each time I'm met with adversity, I've been able to find a handhold and pull myself out.

Thanks to your dream interpretation, I feel that I know what I need to do now, and it does seem to be working. More quickly than I had imagined it would, to be honest. I already have the tools inside of me to heal myself, I realize. All I really have to do is utilize those tools and I'll find peace. I've just been afraid all my life to do so, afraid that it was the wrong thing to do. I always secretly thought that maybe I had done something to deserve such misery, and to try and change that would bring further pain to my life. I know now that that was incorrect, because I wouldn't have been making progress at all if it were meant to be this way. My plan is to continue working on myself until I feel complete. I do have a support system in place, and they have been wonderful, even though they don't understand why I've been hurting. They just want me to be better.

I can't thank you enough for helping me see what this dream was trying to tell me. It really was what I needed to hear.

Regards,
-Tali

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Male, Kentucky

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Bizarre vivid dream

Tali,
Continue the self help therapy and use the tools you have available and you will continue to find solutions. What it takes more than anything is discipline to stay with the healing process. Learning what needs to be healed of course is the first need. Don't let everyday responsibilities and pressures derail you. One main ingredient of the hero journey {you become the hero in your own life through self discovery and healing} is not to let social pressures in life control you but live am original life where the creative/spiritual aspects take the lead. We all have responsibilities but when the focus is on the outer world and neglecting the inner there is an imbalance. When you go inward and discover what the motivating emotional energies are that causes conflicts in the waking life you begin the healing process and bring balance to the inner self and personal growth in the waking life. You are on the right path.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present