Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Long Horse Ride

Anonymous,
Let me take a fresh look at your dream tomorrow morning. I have interpreted the images/actions and although there are discernible patterns I have yet to put it all together. Below is how I read the images {subject to revision} broken down by paragraph. You may see something in these you can fit together. If you can provide any info in the relationship with your cousin that may help clarify that image {often qualities/experiences of such a person is used as an identification similar to the dreamer}. If there is ant special significance to Wichita, Ks that info may help also.

First Paragraph
My dream starts out with my mother buying a a horse, and it is a beautiful horse that is very well behaved. Anything that I ask it to do, it does, and there is absolutely no problem with it at all. It looked like the one below, but the dark brown/black coloring of the face goes to its shoulder blades, and the back half was a little more white. I also know that it is a mare (female horse). I am in love with this horse.

-horse-strong physical energy/personal aspect/attitudes/traits
-well behaved-taming this energy
-horse below {photo}-unconscious/subconscious/knowing but not knowing exactly
-female horse-your emotional self
-love horse-an aspect you utilize in your waking life

Second Paragraph
After I get the horse as a present, I decide that I will take it on a long ride to Wichita, Kansas. It is completely saddled and packed down for the trip. Instead of taking the interstate though, I decide to take the highway that goes through my grandparents home town, and stop to see them on my way. The horse is really fast, and listens to me well the whole trip. If I ask it to speed up we are faster than the cars even, and I have to slow it down so that aren't "tailgating" the cars in front of us (getting too close to the back end). None of the trip is scary, or bumpy, and it is so easy for me to stay on. So much so that I even fall asleep on the back of the horse.

-horse as present-'gifted' aspect
-long ride-your path in life
-Wichita, Kansas-personal identification {perhaps unconscious}
-saddled/packed for trip-saddled with emotions
-road grandparents town-aspect related to real grandparents/ security/protection/wisdom
-stop to see them-
-fast horse/listens-permanent aspect that governs your psyche
-faster than cars-pushing/motivating your path/psyche
-tailgating-closely following instinctive energies
-easy to stay on trip-positive maneuvering with these aspects
-fall asleep back of horse-unconscious influences for conscious aspects

Third Paragraph
Eventually we get to this point where I can't go any farther, and the highway turns onto a dirt road, and I need to figure out where to go from here. The horse takes me to the top of a mountain at this point, and we again do this with ease. At the top of the mountain there is a town, and I ride along the city street (slowly) until I see a church. At the church I go inside, and am greeted by a very peaceful sermon, and I found great peace in this. Also my cousin (whom is my best friend) is there. I do remember thinking that she didn't come with me, and that I can't take her with me because I am on a horse, but that is all in the background. Mostly I am thinking about finding directions, and so I ask a man. He takes me outside the church, and points off in a direction (my guess it was Northeast), and tells me that Wichita was 20 miles that way. I asked him what road, and he just shrugged, but it didn't both me. I got back onto the horse, and continued down the road, but I woke up.

-cant go any farther-inability to use aspects
-turns into dirt road- prohibited aspects that affect your path in life
-where to go from here-overcoming prohibited aspects
-horse to top of mountain-achieving success despite emotional attitudes/issues
-town-whole self
-street-path in life
-church-integrated self
-go inside-inner self
-peaceful sermon-positive discourse with inner self
-cousin/best friend-integrating similar aspects/rejected aspects
-can't take her with me-rejected aspects
-background- unconscious aspects
-finding direction/ask man-finding way using masculine aspects
-outside church-ego self/not true self
-northeast-reality
-20 miles-conflicting emotions
-what road-which direction
-onto horse/continued down road

Jerry

A Message From Gerald

Forum
Host/Moderator/Analyst

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Help Me Keep My Services FREE

The cost of maintaining the DREAM FORUM, my websites and my dedication to caring for my neighborhood felines strains my resources

I NEED YOUR HELP

Please Contribute
$1.00/$5.00...Any Amount You Can Give

Use PayPal {Donate Button} or mail contribution to:

Gerald Gifford 1876 Baylor Ct., Cocoa, Fl. 32922

Secure Payment with PayPal

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Long Horse Ride

Gerald Gifford-Dream Forum Host & Moderator

-horse-strong physical energy/personal aspect/attitudes/traits
-well behaved-taming this energy
-horse below {photo}-unconscious/subconscious/knowing but not knowing exactly
-female horse-your emotional self
-love horse-an aspect you utilize in your waking life

Yeah horses are something that I love in my waking life. The color of the horse is also my favorite colors for a horse.

-horse as present-'gifted' aspect
-long ride-your path in life
-Wichita, Kansas-personal identification {perhaps unconscious}
-saddled/packed for trip-saddled with emotions
-road grandparents town-aspect related to real grandparents/ security/protection/wisdom
-stop to see them-
-fast horse/listens-permanent aspect that governs your psyche
-faster than cars-pushing/motivating your path/psyche
-tailgating-closely following instinctive energies
-easy to stay on trip-positive maneuvering with these aspects
-fall asleep back of horse-unconscious influences for conscious aspects

Wichita, Kansas has no real ties to me. I have only really driven through it, and have never really stayed before. I would have no idea why in my subconscious mind picked there of all places.

To be honest I believe that the saddling more has to do with having everything I need. It wasn't like being "bogged down", but more of a feeling like I had everything I could ever want packed. It felt more like I was secure, and well planned than being "saddled with emotion".

-cant go any farther-inability to use aspects
-turns into dirt road- prohibited aspects that affect your path in life
-where to go from here-overcoming prohibited aspects
-horse to top of mountain-achieving success despite emotional attitudes/issues
-town-whole self
-street-path in life
-church-integrated self
-go inside-inner self
-peaceful sermon-positive discourse with inner self
-cousin/best friend-integrating similar aspects/rejected aspects
-can't take her with me-rejected aspects
-background- unconscious aspects
-finding direction/ask man-finding way using masculine aspects
-outside church-ego self/not true self
-northeast-reality
-20 miles-conflicting emotions
-what road-which direction
-onto horse/continued down road

The dirt road felt more like "as far as this way can take you", while the heading up the hill was sort of like "looking at it from a different perspective" almost. The feeling I got when I hit the dirt road was more of a feeling of "running out of road on that path", and the mountain being like a "you can find a new path from here" sort of feeling.

My cousin is someone that I am very close to, and someone that I have made a lot of trips with. I kind of got a feeling that "I must do this alone" sort of though. Almost like it was telling me that I can't take someone with me, no matter who they are kind of feeling. Her presence in the church was reassuring though. Almost like it gave me an extra boost to keep going.

Could you help me understand what these things have to do together though? I get the fact that a road is a path, and that a horse is a driving force (animal instincts, or a driving force). I also know that this has something to do with a path that I am on currently. I am just wondering if you can help put those pieces together so that they can make since to what I am suppose to do with this information. What is it trying to let me know?

BTW... I am sorry that this took so long to write back to you. Things have been a little bit hectic around here as of late.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26/Female/Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present