Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: tub and mother's house

Anonymous,
So you did know this man in your waking life? It is important for an analyst to know if it is a know person or an unknown person since a known person could point to actual experiences with that person and an unknown person would leave open who the person is {perhaps repressed}. An unknown person also could point to inner masculine aspects besides addressing issues of an experience with someone you do not remember. These are important aspects of being able to properly analyze a dream. The tub's shape, knowing whether the man is known in real life.

Having said that, and even with the new info about the tub' shape {a comma is something that appears to be 'limp'}, the info about your 'feeling of being worthless' associated with him points to an experience where he made you feel this way. The first dream seems to be addressing issues of your personality and attitudes because of these experiences. Physical/psychological abuse{especially at an early age} will create unconscious energies that motivate and dominate your personality in later life. The first dream does seem to be more about that with elements of the causes also. The images on this level {all dream images/dreams have at least two meanings/applications} would point to the feelings of 'feeling worthless'. And there are images that could point to sexual aspects, the tub {even if limp} and the barfing and the 'evacuation'. You called him a 'dick' which could be an unconscious representation of an actual sexual experience.

As for the second dream and 'straightening' something out. That could be addressing issues with your mother related to the experiences which make you feel worthless. It could also point to sexual aspects, straight penis into a limp position {and a reason for barfing}. I get the impression you know a little more than you have presented about actual experiences but that is OK since I want you to give info you feel comfortable with. To help understand the dream and whether my interpretation holds merit, if you provide what you see that fits then that will do.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I might be a little slow, but I am not exactly sure what is meant by "It could also point to sexual aspects, straight penis into a limp position {and a reason for barfing}." We never had sex or I don't know what was going through his mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he told his friends I was the type who would chop off his you know what.

I'm not sure what I would straighten out with my mom in relation to how he made me feel. Lately, we have been discussing my niece's breakup with her boyfriend...how sad it makes her feel the way he is treating her by ignoring her with his new girlfriend. My sister and my niece are feeling very depressed over this. I just think if only they knew the hell I went through with this man in my dream. What she is going through is nothing compared to what I went through. He tarnished my reputation spreading false sexual rumors and anything bad he could think of.

I guess I was wondering if this dream had anything to do with him in present real life like did he change or mature? Or is this dream just about my thoughts?

Anonymous,
There it is. The false sexual rumors fit with the images/actions in the dreams. The emotional conflict you have is about those experiences. It doesn't have to have happened {actual sex}, the rumors and emotional experience involving what he did {which I do not know} is what you have a conflict with. Dreams are about the emotions and more specifically those emotions that are in conflict. There is another meaning or meanings to the images, all images have at least two {this is a Jungian concept I have experienced with many dreams}. But the images/actions in thsi dream point to a specific pattern. And they point to the conflicting emotional experiences. If the experiences possess strong energies they will be a part of your deep psyche until they are resolved. That is why you have dreams about this man with the images/actions a symbolic reference to the emotional conflicts to do with him.

Is this man still in your life? Did the events cause emotional 'trauma'? Apparently it did, by your statements and the dream images/actions. My task is not to accuse or even name the emotional experience{s} the dream is trying to help you resolve. My job is outline what the possibilities of the dream images/actions {they have a language of symbol and metaphor} and let the dreamer connect the dots. This experience is not only a part of your conscious mind, it has left an even deeper impression on your unconscious. It is an emotional issue that is unresolved because of the emotional toll he placed on you. If you have been depressed this could be a part of the reason for that {but only a part}. Of course with only parts of the dream to work with, knowing the full extent of the emotional energies is not possible. Unless I have a complete dream with exact {or nearly exact} description I am handicapped. Words matter when analyzing a dream because they have a specific meaning/application {at least two}. A wrong word can lead away from the true message. It is the patterns that make the whole story come to life and the words/images/actions put together paint the true picture. The dream contains sexual themes. It doesn't have had to have been actual sex involved to have these.

From what I get from the dream and what you say about the experience, along with the brevity of the dream I believe the 'rumors' are at the center of the conflict. Not an actual sexual act but in your mind what this man may have made up/said to 'tarnish' your reputation. Depending on your personality and its foundations {other emotional issues, we all have several} how it affects you is how strong the emotions will be. There is where the conflict 'lies', the lies he told and the affect they have had on you emotionally.
Does that make sense?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

No, this man is not in my life now. But he lives near me. That means it is possible to bump into him like I have several times in the past. In fact, I am afraid to go to stores or places nearby because I might bump into him. Or this is why I do most of my shopping online even if I can grab it quick at a local store. I want no further contact with him. How do I release this or resolve this in my psyche if I am unable to resolve this conflict with him? How do I get rid of this strong energy?

As for the dream in my mother's bedroom, I have preferred to keep this matter private or it's just too draining or too much time has passed to think about it anymore.

*bump

There were a lot of posts after I wrote this one so it probably got lost in the bunch.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present