Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interpreting a dream vs analyzing a dream

I often use the terms interpreting/analyzing a dream together. Some may wonder why. There is actually a difference in interpreting a dream and analyzing a dream but because I am doing both I use the words interchangeably. I am actually analyzing the dream by interpreting the images/actions. Interpreting the images/actions involves taking the images and interpreting their 'symbolic' meaning/application {what it means and how it fits within the whole dream}. Analyzing a dream refers to analyzing the images/actions in context to where they do fit and the possible associations to the inner self {psychological} as well as the conscious self. In my analysis I use sensory' intuitive inclinations when interpreting the images/actions {there are always many possibilities} and intuitive senses to how they fit within the whole dream. It is important the interpretation of each image/action does fit because a dream is a production script much like a play or movie. Everything must come together to make it a proper 'interpretation'. It is also a puzzle in that all the pieces {images/actions} must fit together to form a recognizable and coherent picture {which will reflect the emotional life of the dreamer}.

Note: I can only provide an outline of both the internal {underlying/controlling psychological} and external {current/recent conscious experiences} aspects and seldom make a statement to an actual waking experience-only the dreamer can name an actual experience a dream may be addressing. There will be both because all dreams if not all dream images do have at least two meanings/applications. One would be addressing current issues that possess emotional energies {you were angry at a co-worker the day before} as well as the underlying reasons to why you acted/reacted {you may tend to get angry easily because of early life experiences/influences}. These would point to established personality traits/attitudes that motivate your emotions and actions in the present time {when you had the dream}.

Meaning vs Application
When I say 'meaning' I am referring to the symbolic reference or meaning of an image or an action {combined words with an image that form an action that can be 'interpreted'}. A house most always has a 'symbolic' meaning that refers to the dreamer {the house is the dreamer-the mother's house is in relationship of the mother, literal and symbolically, to the dreamer}.

An application refers not only to the meaning of an image/action but also how it fits where it applies as a symbolic reference to the image/action. Because all dreams and images have at least two meanings, how and where they apply will differentiate between the different meanings and how they fit. The house not only has a meaning referring to the dreamer's emotional self, it also applies to a particular attitude or the dreamer possesses. Or in the conscious waking life it applies to that aspect of the dreamer's emotional self as well as the unconscious aspects. The house the dreamer grew up in not only is symbolic of the dreamer as a child but also could point to the literal house they grew up in. In such a case the house would have emotional associations that have affected the dreamer's psyche. Physical or psychological abuse while living in the childhood home would be imprinted on the psyche and in dreams would represent both the actual childhood experience as well as where it happened. I will note that from experience anytime the dream begins with a reference to a childhood home/house the dream is focusing on childhood experiences. There were literal experiences to do with childhood. There will be symbolic meanings/applications also {the boggyman in the house would be a symbolic representation with a person who was a 'boggyman' on the dreamer's childhood. I have found the opening of any dream with a childhood reference {home, time frame, etc} is pretty much universal. This goes against the strict Jungian view but I no longer use the strict academic method when analyzing dreams. My success in analyzing dreams using my method {the basics of Jungian psyche} has been exceptional to say the least. The proof of that statement can be determined by reading the posted dreams, my analysis and the responses.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Interpreting a dream vs analyzing a dream

One other thing I should state about being to name recent personal experiences from the posted dreams. The only knowledge I have in almost all dreams that are posted is the age, gender and location of the dreamer. From this information alone I am able to successfully and accurately discern a true outline of the dreamer's life. If I had in-depth knowledge of the dreamer's life I would be able to provide personal information, pretty much tell the dreamer all about their true emotional self, current and past. I also have found by providing my interpretation of the images/actions it not only helps me to better 'read' a dream but also helps the dreamer connect the dots to their life.

One more time in stating factual proof of my abilities to correctly analyze/interpret dreams. When the posted dreams are read, those that have a response to my analysis will show I am able to analyze/interpret dreams successfully and consistently. I am convinced by using this method of analyzing dreams {only the basic Jungian concepts}, anyone with a good working knowledge of Jungian psyche {and all that comes with that}, and a developed intuitive mind can properly and successfully interpret any dream. Especially if they have enough personal information from the dreamer to properly associate the dream images/actions to the conscious/unconscious life of the dreamer.

Dreams are no longer the great mystery they once were. Their message is readable because the message is about the dreamer's emotional life, in symbolic/metaphorical language much like that of early cultures before writing was established {hieroglyphics as an example}. There are many like myself {some who have advanced/certified Jungian training which I do not have} who do successfully interpret dreams using Jungian concepts on one scale or another. My contention is there does not have to be a use of strict Jungian concepts to do this. I use the basics, some Freud, an intuitive mind {I also have advanced people skills} and a little common sense in my analyzing dreams. Look at my success. What usually takes hours of therapeutic examination can be learned from one or two properly interpreted dreams. And by someone who has a best an 'average' mind as gauged by booked schooled intellectuals {which I am not}. I state my case and dare anyone to examine the evidence.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present