Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Belly of a whale

This dream started with a ship, older ship that was wooden like you would see in the 17th or 18th century. The ship was moving from right to left and was in some stormy weather. Heading from left to right and towards the ship was a large group of pink whales, perhaps sperm whales, I am reminded of Moby dick when I see them. The ship ends up crashing though I do not recall why. Once in the water a sailor (I swear it was Christian Bale), submerges and a whale in the process of chasing and eating a school of fish eats the sailor. The sailor ends up in the mouth of the whale and for some reason I hear someone say (or maybe I thought it) "You know your in the dark when you see yourself glow." I may be off by a few words it is a little vague but I found that quote to be strange and noticed a slight bluish glow to the sailor. Without being explained the sailor escapes.

At this point I am seeing the view of another man and a blond haired women. They are in a smaller boat and manage to find the sailor. He (The sailor) is now extremely gaunt and the man opens his mouth to examine his teeth. They look rough, brownish and what not and yet they are all there and very straight without a gap to be seen. They then begin their trek back to their starting location. The man driving the boat is almost laying down and his head is barely hanging over the back half of the boat. As he starts out and begins to speed up two sharks (great white?) begin to pursue the boat. One of them almost bites the head off of the man but the boat is speeding up and just barely pulls ahead of the shark. The man is traveling at a high rate of speed and steering around icebergs that are tightly packed together. We get within view of where we are heading (I guess I would call it a tiny island) when everyone ends up in the water, to include a dog for some reason, I believe a Jack Russell Terrier. We swim as fast as we can to this island and crawl up. Once on it I notice some very meticulously stacked and cut firewood. At this point I believe I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Male Virginia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

Re: Belly of a whale

Forgot to add that while in the whale his mouth was closed and fish etc. was filtering past the sailor.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

Last thing I promise.

When the two the individuals had found the sailor he had lost a lot of weight.

Samuel,
I will post my interpretation of the images/actions and let you scrutinize them and provide your thoughts. There is a definite pattern which i believe you will be able to see. How it fits with your life is left to you to determine {with what little I know about you I can only provide an outline of the emotional energies}. I will provide my thoughts after your response.

Interpretation of Images/Actions {Interpretation and then Dream by Paragraph}
-older ship- older inflexible attitudes/emotions/experiences
-17/18 century-seeking wholeness in life/possible experiences age 17/18
-moving from right to left-from conforming to non-conforming attitude
-in stormy weather-emotional conflict
-group of pink whales moving left to right-sensing/awareness of attitudes that are moving you away from conforming to the norm/whale can also symbolize your mother
-ship crashes-personal attitudes {unconsciously motivated} impacting your conscious life
-in water sailor submerges-unconscious energies influencing conscious self/attitudes
-whale eats school of fish/sailor- unconscious energies that consume/affect conscious attitudes
-sailor in whale-unconscious self/aspects

This dream started with a ship, older ship that was wooden like you would see in the 17th or 18th century. The ship was moving from right to left and was in some stormy weather. Heading from left to right and towards the ship was a large group of pink whales, perhaps sperm whales, I am reminded of Moby dick when I see them. The ship ends up crashing though I do not recall why. Once in the water a sailor (I swear it was Christian Bale), submerges and a whale in the process of chasing and eating a school of fish eats the sailor. The sailor ends up in the mouth of the whale and for some reason I hear someone say (or maybe I thought it) "You know your in the dark when you see yourself glow." I may be off by a few words it is a little vague but I found that quote to be strange and noticed a slight bluish glow to the sailor. Without being explained the sailor escapes.

- view of another man-unconscious view of another aspect of yourself
-blond haired woman-emotional attitudes
-in smaller boat-not acknowledging emotional attitudes
-manage to find sailor-within the unconscious
-sailor gaunt-unconscious suffering
-man opens mouth examine teeth-issues related to unconscious energies
-brownish/straight/no gaps-tarnished emotions but but believing yoiurself in general good emotional health
-trek back to starting location-back to roots
-man driving laying down-recessing {back to unconscious roots/foundations}
- head hanging over back half boat-rational self giving in to unconscious attitudes
-great white sharks-strong emotions of anger/hostility
-pursuing boat-emotional pursuit
-almost bites head off man-emotional threat controlling rational thinking
-boat is speeding/barely pulls ahead of shark-barely able to hold off strong emotional energies
-traveling high rate of speed-driven by strong hidden emotions
-within view where headed -conscious recognition of emotional response
-everyone ends up in water-controlled by unconscious emotions
-including dog-physical self
-swimming-needing emotional support
-crawl up island-emotional complex {possibly related to mother}
-cut firewood-cutting away source of emotional energies

At this point I am seeing the view of another man and a blond haired women. They are in a smaller boat and manage to find the sailor. He (The sailor) is now extremely gaunt and the man opens his mouth to examine his teeth. They look rough, brownish and what not and yet they are all there and very straight without a gap to be seen. They then begin their trek back to their starting location. The man driving the boat is almost laying down and his head is barely hanging over the back half of the boat. As he starts out and begins to speed up two sharks (great white?) begin to pursue the boat. One of them almost bites the head off of the man but the boat is speeding up and just barely pulls ahead of the shark. The man is traveling at a high rate of speed and steering around icebergs that are tightly packed together. We get within view of where we are heading (I guess I would call it a tiny island) when everyone ends up in the water, to include a dog for some reason, I believe a Jack Russell Terrier. We swim as fast as we can to this island and crawl up. Once on it I notice some very meticulously stacked and cut firewood.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Sorry for the late reply,

This dream and your interpretation once again speak to a degree of accuracy in my life that I have to accept. I do not have a good attitude about life overall and tend to stay stuck in the same bad habits. In my head I have a sense of who my ideal self is, but in reality I tend to be anxious, negative, and cannot keep a good thing going. I drink too much and stay stuck in a negative state of mind that I cannot seem to get out of. But, that is why I am here and in a few other places, trying to move forward in life.

Riffing some on the other interpretation, and having stumbled upon this by chance and intrigue:
Consider the larger boat as the norms of society (superego); the ocean as vastness & depth, what you fear but also what you need, all the things you can never suppress or forget, what you'll eventually have to face and integrate into your whole being, and what holds you up, what feeds you. It contains threats here. I agree with much of the above.
What you were raised (from birth - from the ocean) to trust and rely upon and have faith in is crumbling, no longer provides for you. The smaller boat represents what I'll call your ego, but I mean the part of you that carries those taught ideas and fears, protects you from the unknown and the vastness, and tells you what to believe and what's acceptable and what's not. Returning to the wreck in the smaller boat is like turning on the news for comfort after a traumatic event, trying to return to an earlier time before everything changed, trying to be a good consumer to forget the peril we're in as a planet right now.
Being in the water was your act of amazing courage. The words you said or heard "you know you're in the dark when you see yourself glow" are pure grace. You can go below. You (or Christian Bale*) can go through the whale, be devoured and transformed, but not destroyed. At the very least, you would join that whale. Look again - did you see a movie where you related to that actor's character?

Usually I find that my dream symbols are pretty esoteric and can be fairly obvious to me but nobody else might guess them, but I just found one more glaring thing:
Christian and Bail. What does Christian mean to you? Was that a the ship of your youth? To bail is to save a ship, but that ceased to be an option. Maybe your unconscious is telling you your christian faith is no longer going to bail you out and you have to figure out how to generate enough light from yourself to start a fire on that island. Who cut and stacked the wood?
I think any crisis of faith and questioning is a good thing. It can hurt, but if you follow that it will lead to deeper truth and meaning. I'm not religious, by the way.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40 M US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} sought, found

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present